It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In-n-Out Burgers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
In n Out is a solid burger. The wife and I get them when in New Braunfels. And they are priced well. She and I can have a good burger, and share their enormous fry order, for under $15.

PTerry is another popular chain in Central Texas. I don't see why. Its like eating a mediocre burger at a back yard bbq. Only thing missing is the foam plate. But their cookies are killer.

But for fast food burgers, noting beats Whataburger. At Whataburger i can get grilled onions and jalapenos. If In n Out would put Jalapeno as an option, they'd likely get my loyalty. As it is, they are something we eat maybe 3-4 times a year at most.

Thanks for the advice. Im mulling over a Blackstone, and would enjoy trying this recipe out on the blackstone if i ever get it.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Speaking of Resturant Chains , I was Stunned to read this article..............

These 53 Restaurant Chains Are on the Brink of Disappearing Entirely
The restaurant industry has seen a lot of ups and downs in recent years. Most recently it has suffered greatly at the hand of the global crisis we have all been a part of. The failure of the restaurant business has come in part by the wide range of choices consumers have, as well as labor shortages and high overhead costs.

explore.reference.com... um=www.zerohedge.com&utm_term=[adid]&utm_campaign=1091579&utm_template=infinite4&utm_content=854

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Buffet, soup/salad bar, breakfast/lunch/pizza bar...basically any self-serve concept is done due to Covid. I have a hard time seeing the open air/watch while they make concepts lasting like Subway, Chipotle, Hot Head Burrito, Jersey Mikes, etc. because the customers are “too close” to the food.

As it is, dine in is tenuous at best, or just non-existent at too many fast food locations still. Going over to the Dayton area, dine in is rather limited to Bob Evan’s menu level of chain restaurants.

But it is more than just Covid or even simple economic downturn at play here. Eating out was never healthy but was part of an event like shopping at the mall (or several stores downtown in the 50’s through 70’s), or seeing a ball game, etc. Sporting events are not low cost pastimes and with the replays and camera angles you are better entertained at home on the TV. Malls are dead. The anchor stores are gone. The smaller stores have no draw. There used to be two or three record stores in a mall. All handled online now. Amazon passed Walmart as the largest retailer last year. Ask K-mart, Sears, Montgomery Ward, Airway, Circuit City, Woolworths, and so on what happens next...

But people used to eat out after shopping. No one that still goes to a store wants drive thru after walking all day. They want to sit and eat their BigMac or KFC. If they have to bring it home, they can save a couple bucks and fix their own meal that will taste better too.

To be honest, I’m curious as to as if the grocery store side of Walmart carries the store better than the department store side. Especially given their lower selections after adopting the all Walmart’s will be Super Walmart’s policy several years ago.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join