It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea I have on how to stop government lockdowns in the US over Covid19

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

Bro you went active right before before election on and right year old account. Your not a lurker, your just another hijacked account doing his job.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It's funny, I wonder how many of The Church Of The Mask wore then during last years flu season, or the year before that, or the year before that. . . .

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Would you see it as freedom of choice if someone would sleep with people knowingly having aids and not using a condom...

Clearly you don't California

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Not trying to get vanned, but...
The massive pedo ring that got caught needs to go down, or the whole gov needs to go down with it.
None of this bs started until the podesta clinton trafficking emails hit the internet.
Now nonstop bs conspiracies from political to aliens.

...Our military needs to remove the domestic terrorists, citizens need massive lawsuits.
There's really no way out of it when classifying the sniffles as lethal.

Or they need to come out with the real reason for this bs.
Right now it looks like a giant distraction psyop covering a massive pedo ring in the gov.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Strange how the only ones on this thread that are proponents of government control by the US government are not US citizens.
Strange.
Misery loves company ?

A wealthy, first-world, powerful, and educated country that, when push comes to shove, hasn't got the will to protect itself?

No, you don't have to do anything. Nothing at all.

And, I'm not sure how in countries not having a problem with COVID-19, because they have dealt with it (no mask, or lockdown, or travel issues happening), is a cause of misery?

edit on 28/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Strange how the only ones on this thread that are proponents of government control by the US government are not US citizens.
Strange.
Misery loves company ?

A wealthy, first-world, powerful, and educated country that, when push comes to shove, hasn't got the will to protect itself?

And, I'm not sure how in countries not having a problem with COVID-19, because they have dealt with it (no mask, or lockdown, or travel issues happening), is there a cause of misery?

As we are seeing countries that wore masks are shutting down again.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Don't do this, this will just bring the health departments down on the business and they will get written up and fined for stupid little things. Just wear a mask in the store. If you only got to go into a party with a Halloween costume on, would you argue with the one throwing the party or just wear a mask to the party. If you argue with the one throwing the party, most of the people would come together and toss you out on your asssss.

Or you could wear just a mask...

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: chr0naut

Strange.
Misery loves company ?

And, I'm not sure how in countries not having a problem with COVID-19, because they have dealt with it (no mask, or lockdown, or travel issues happening), is there a cause of misery?

As we are seeing countries that wore masks are shutting down again.

Yes. And they'll lock-down again too. And then they will get over it in short order, like they did last time, and things will go back to normal again.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: rickymouse
Don't do this, this will just bring the health departments down on the business and they will get written up and fined for stupid little things. Just wear a mask in the store. If you only got to go into a party with a Halloween costume on, would you argue with the one throwing the party or just wear a mask to the party. If you argue with the one throwing the party, most of the people would come together and toss you out on your asssss.

Or you could wear just a mask...

Like Borat?

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Firewater

I don't understand why mask wearing has to be so politicized.

Democrat = masks

Republican = no mask

I am pro-Trump to the core. Yet I am not blinded to the simple logic regarding masks. If I go out in public while unknowingly having COVID, wearing a mask will reduce the chance of spread. Plain and simple.

Because freedom of choice, ergo end of discussion. This is not smallpox, it's a god damn cold.

Exactly!! I agree. But, let's be honest about it, making that choice is selfish.

You are putting others at risk for your own comfort.

That's just too damn bad. It's equally selfish & self-centered to make inconveniencing, overreaching demands of others to feel a smidge safer.

I'm not your mommy. It's not my job to watch out for you. If you think it is, again -- I've decided payment is required. otherwise, it's a waste of my time and effort for no tangible gain.

Oh no. I would never want to inconvenience anybody just so I could have another 5, maybe 10 years to spend with my 72 year old Grandmother who died of COVID, but was otherwise in pretty good shape. She didn't want to spend the rest of what life she did have left locked up at home. So, walks up the street, through the park and back became a daily ritual. And once a week, every Wednesday, we would go to the little Mom n Pop grocery store a half block past the park. That's it. She got COVID and it was rather easily traced to another customer in the grocery store. Even though they were mandatory, he refused to wear a mask. They were too uncomfortable, he said. But I think it also was a freedom of choice issue. I know all this because he lives 4 doors down from my Grandmother and we'd stop and talk with him every once in awhile on our daily walks. He'd be mowing his lawn or whatnot and we'd stop and chat about politics or the virus.

My Grandmother passed away during the night of July 17th at home, alone, in her own bed. About a week or so later, my sis and I were going through my Grandmothers belongings at her house when there was a knock on the door. I opened it and it was the neighbor from 4 doors down. He looked into my eyes, I looked into his, and we both broke down crying. Him more than me, as he had not known how my Grandmother was doing until that very moment, when he saw the grief in my eyes.

He felt so bad about it. I forgave him. But, nothing I said seemed to ease his extreme remorse.

You can never know for certain and even though it had not been spoken about, he and I both knew that had he worn a mask that day and not made that selfish choice, not only would my Grandmother probably be here today, but another 5, 10, maybe even 20 more years.

I feel bad for him. One thing I know for certain, if he could go back and do it again. He would wear that uncomfortable mask without even giving it a second thought.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Suck it up, cupcake. I'm in the high risk group, this # supposedly impacts me more than thou. Therefore, snce you THINK you're "protecting" me, I am more than entitled than you are to call the pressure and denigration of non-adherents bull# and utterly unjustifiable.

Bark up another tree.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Firewater

People with pre-existing conditions are the ones that should be modifying their behavior not the other way around. My dad doesn’t leave his house and I drop of what he needs or he orders from Kroger or Amazon. Destroying the world economy is not okay.
edit on 2020/10/28 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm so worn out with this stuff. Tried to go into a local charity shop today to have a look through their skanky donated clothes and was told my bandana folded over three times wasn't good enough... I had to have a mask. Any old mask. Like the folks that were wearing masks around their necks or in their back pockets, or slumped down with their nostrils out. They were allowed in. Yes, private business blah, blah, blah. Why doesn't anyone see the stupid for what it is... stupid.

Sorry rant

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

For god's sake, Fire, life is not safe or full of certainties to bank on. I'm also high-risk like grandma was. EVERYTHING we do is a gamble. I'm damn happy your grandma did as she pleased to live life as she wanted, not capitulate & hole up to stop someone's whining. Welcome to life. It's not about appeasing the next guy as a priority -- never has been, never will be. I think you're more mad that grandma didn't become a shut-in to appease you (it's not about you, it was about HER) She knew her risks. Accept her choices, she was just as responsible as the carrier was. If I get sick from my deliberately ill-fitted mask, that's more on me than a carrier. The issue at the heart of the debate is the staunch refusal to acknowledge this, blame simply must be placed, because a loved one can't possibly make a choice we don't like. That's wrong, and dishonest.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

People with pre-existing conditions are the ones that should be modifying their behavior not the other way around. My dad doesn’t leave his house and I drop of what he needs or he orders from Kroger or Amazon. Destroying the world economy is not okay.

What pre-existing condition? Old age? Her life was worth less than the comfort of another?

How are wearing masks gonna destroy the f##kin world economy?

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What pre-existing condition? Old age? Her life was worth less than the comfort of another?

How are wearing masks gonna destroy the f##kin world economy?

Get off it. I battle asininely high blood pressure that is nigh impossible to control due to being resistant to drugs, and it's not linked to weight or eating habits. When I cannot mitigate with CBD oil, which is the ONLY thing that has worked more than just marginally, I literally exist in a state of what is called "Hypertensive Emergency". That means it's so high that I SHOULD be hospitalized for the duration because of extreme stroke and aneurysm risks, but since nothing pharmaceutical ever works, I just don't bother going in.

I am NOT a higher priority or worth more than someone else just because I drew the genetic short straw. I do not need coddled, I do not need protected, I do not need felt sorry for, I do not need you to white night for me. This crap doesn't help us at-risk folks, it pisses us off.
edit on 10/28/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
I'm so worn out with this stuff. Tried to go into a local charity shop today to have a look through their skanky donated clothes and was told my bandana folded over three times wasn't good enough... I had to have a mask. Any old mask. Like the folks that were wearing masks around their necks or in their back pockets, or slumped down with their nostrils out. They were allowed in. Yes, private business blah, blah, blah. Why doesn't anyone see the stupid for what it is... stupid.

Sorry rant

Yeah, don't get pissed at shops though. The local govs know better, that they are liable for this stuff, so to skirt the liability, they enforce it from the sidelines and leverage businesses to comply with "the mandate".

It's time for all small businesses and anyone with cash to lawyer up.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Hey, check out this link buddy.
A ton of non cnn info.
Great starting point to dissect the info

covid linkdump

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

For god's sake, Fire, life is not safe or full of certainties to bank on. I'm also high-risk like grandma was. EVERYTHING we do is a gamble. I'm damn happy your grandma did as she pleased to live life as she wanted, not capitulate & hole up to stop someone's whining. Welcome to life. It's not about appeasing the next guy as a priority -- never has been, never will be. I think you're more mad that grandma didn't become a shut-in to appease you (it's not about you, it was about HER) She knew her risks. Accept her choices, she was just as responsible as the carrier was. If I get sick from my deliberately ill-fitted mask, that's more on me than a carrier. The issue at the heart of the debate is the staunch refusal to acknowledge this, blame simply must be placed, because a loved one can't possibly make a choice we don't like. That's wrong, and dishonest.

Wow. Where do I start?

I have earned a living betting on horses, the dogs and sports. I've also made a lot of money as a semi-professional poker player. I am a gambler in every sense of the word.

Being a shut-in is the last thing I wanted for her. She died doing what she wanted. She wasn't afraid. Some of that comfort came in the belief that "We were all in this together". She had no idea that some people refused to mask up. That kind of selfishness was foreign to her. She had trust in humanity.

How is she just as responsible as the carrier? She was doing her part by wearing a mask. It was solely on the person who couldnt just suck it up and put on a mask. If not, stay the f##k home. Who are you to endanger other lives? Remember, masks do practically nothing to keep the virus out. Their effectiveness comes with keeping the virus in. So, everyone who wears a mask does it to keep everyone else safe. We deal with it, because god forbid I get someone else sick who ends up dying. That just shows your true nature. You can walk around without a mask, spreading COVID to everyone around. Then you go home, find out your infected and think "whoops". Oh well, with no concern of how many lives you've affected (infected) .

I'm not religious. But look at Jesus. He made the ultimate sacrifice and you can't even wear a mask. Pathetic

edit on 10/28/2020 by Firewater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Hey, check out this link buddy.
A ton of non cnn info.
Great starting point to dissect the info

covid linkdump

You people are ridiculous. I have not watched one bit of MSM in at least 15 years. I know the facts. I just am of the belief that the best way to get through this is by giving a s##t about someone you have never met. Is that even possible for you people. WTF

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join