It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Hawaii 10/24/2020

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

they can NOT let Micheal J Fox do the videoing

I don't know what's more insulting; your bad taste or your inability to write 'Michael' correctly.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Older, solid citizen, college educated in astronomy opinion: It looks like a flying cone shaped craft. I have seen meteorites, they come in as a downward trajectory straight line. A very fast motion. A person can see many colors as the meteorite burns up. It happens very fast in seconds, then it’s over. I have seen Ufos three different times in my life. They move in unpredictable to physics motions, with no sound. Which will freak you out, and you know something is really odd going on. Those sightings can also be very brief in seconds.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: frugal

What is it about this event that leads you to reject the satellite reentry explanation?

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
a reply to: frugal

What is it about this event that leads you to reject the satellite reentry explanation?

Well, If I was going to argue the point, I'd say the lights in the configuration certainly seem to be a lot more stable and long-lasting than most of the space junk re-entries I've seen. Meteorites barely last a few seconds. But in the video, the bright specks seem to be hanging in place for quite a while. There is one speck at about 7 o'clock that seems to have a kind of trail behind it, but that's pretty much the only one. It seems like it should be more chaotic and fast.

Just for the sake of argument. It could very well be more space junk flying in, except slow and regular, but I'm not quite sure how that can happen. Coming in at a flat angle to the viewer?
edit on 6-11-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm now doing a major sociological study on this October 24 Hawaii event and I'm looking for ANY sketches by witnesses of the structure they saw in the light swarm? I haven't found a single drawing anywhere, can anybody post some links?

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

..., I'd say the lights in the configuration certainly seem to be a lot more stable and long-lasting than most of the space junk re-entries I've seen. Meteorites barely last a few seconds. But in the video, the bright specks seem to be hanging in place for quite a while. There is one speck at about 7 o'clock that seems to have a kind of trail behind it, but that's pretty much the only one. It seems like it should be more chaotic and fast.

Just for the sake of argument. It could very well be more space junk flying in, except slow and regular, but I'm not quite sure how that can happen. Coming in at a flat angle to the viewer?

Thanks for the detail point-by-point, we can understand each other better this way.

To get to your last point first, "coming in at a flat angle to the viewer", that's an accurate observation. And that's how ALL satellites decay from orbit, moving essentially flat as they skim the upper atmosphere, develop a flaming jacket, get crushed and tom apart by 8 to 10 G deceleration, the big pieces fly onwards while smaller stuff quickly falls behind, and the fireball phase ends as the objects are still 40-50 miles up moving thousands of miles per hour, gradually losing altitude. They do NOT 'fall into the atmosphere' like a burning warplane or a normal meteor. They can cross the entire sky in less than two minute, horizon to horizon.

The most bizarre feature of LARGE satellite entries with multiple big pieces -- usually stuff like rocket stages with engines, turbopumps, fuel tanks, etc ] is exactly their propensity to fly 'in formation' -- but that's just the natural consequence of them all freely 'falling' forward at still-hypersonic speeds.

Here are a few spectacular examples, and the spectacular misinterpretations MANY [not all, by any means] of the witnesses remembered.

www.jamesoberg.com...

..and France, Nov 1990,
satobs.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hawaii mothership [oct 24, 2020] -- my nov 12 report of pattern of satellite reentries creating fireball swarms that trigger such perceptions =
www.satobs.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Dang, I sure didn't mean to shut down discussion on this topic!

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
a reply to: JimOberg

Dang, I sure didn't mean to shut down discussion on this topic!

Eh, no worries. Sometimes a UFO sighting just doesn't have the juice to stay alive. Over the years, a lot of us have just gotten to the point where merely an image doesn't do it for us anymore. We're waiting for that big UFO appearance seen and imaged by a lot of people, that then follows with an actual landing and interaction complete with an exchange of physical objects. Less than that is just stories and possible photo trickery. It might have been compelling 50 years ago, but now it's merely junk. Even if it's a real actual alien but there simply isn't enough adequate proof to confirm it. Oh, well.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
On Feb 4 I gave a 'zoom' talk on the Oct 24 Hawaii fireball swarm to a NASA Alumni League audience here in Houston.

The promo writeup: My lifelong interest in how the public perceives and misperceives spaceflight has led me down another strange trail. One unexpected spin-off of spaceflight activities is a deeper understanding of human perception of bizarre night sky apparitions -- caused by fireball swarms from reentering satellites. Particularly with large objects such as upper stages, these swarms have been misperceived as lights mounted on large structure of unknown [even non-human] origin. This misidentification effect has been documented for decades with observers from all continents, cultures, professions, and ages. Aside from insights these serendipitous 'blind testings' can give, these experiences also provide insight into the fundamental misunderstandings in the general public about the realities of space flight and the wildly imaginary explanations conjured up to account for these events.

Title: Fireball Swarms from Satellite Reentries

[please excuse the rough start operating the app!!]
youtube video of charts and my voice-over == youtu.be...

presentation charts
jamesoberg.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join