It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington State Discovers First ‘Murder Hornet’ Nest in US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
[1] The Story is true

Yes they went looking for one and found one. Now is there really a reason for going after them? Can anyone from Washington confirm they are killing honeybees? Or, is it more fluff to scare. The End Times?

[2] Why? Possibly a DNA altered Bio Weapon? Can you imagine the possibility?

[3] When I lived in New York State we had those things in our yard almost 15 years ago. They would go after the pear and apple tress that we had in our back yard. They would go into the fruit from the bottom and eat the entire fruit and leave the skin intact on the tree. I finally bought a 20' aerosol can of wasp and hornet killer and began taking them out. It took several years and I surmised I killed around 60 of them. I drove one to the Cornell University Agricultural Extension Office for identification and they told me its a Asian or Japanese Giant Hornet.

50 Japanese Giant Hornet Facts (Complete Guide) Plus Photos, Videos

[4] Now our Mainstream Media calls it a Murder Hornet. OK, so more doom and gloom as New York State didn't seem to give a fluff. Or have these things mutated?

News · 2 hours ago Washington State officials eradicate the first 'murder hornet' nest The Washington State Department of Agriculture destroyed the first nest of Asian giant hornets, also known as the "murder hornets," by vacuuming the insects out of a tree near Blaine, Washington. Photo via @AFPphoto

Washington state discovers first 'murder hornet' nest in US

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Scientists in Washington state have discovered the first nest of so-called murder hornets in the United States and plan to wipe it out Saturday to protect native honeybees, officials said. Workers with the state Agriculture Department spent weeks searching, trapping and using dental floss to tie tracking devices to Asian giant hornets, which can deliver painful stings to people and spit venom but are the biggest threat to honeybees that farmers depend on to pollinate crops. “Ladies and gentlemen, we did it,” agency spokeswoman Karla Salp said at a virtual briefing. Bad weather delayed plans Friday to destroy the nest found in Blaine, a city north of Seattle.

I have never seen them attack honey bees nor have I ever seen them chase down humans or my dog. Great story just before the elections.

Or, has another bad actor country released another Bio Weapon?

Reference Thread

Right?
edit on 25-10-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If the US thinks it can keep importing everything from China to their country without bringing a few "undesirables" along for the ride...well...they are notably wrong. This has been taking place for decades now, with the "global" economy wrecking the ecosystems and natural habitats of every continent in the name of "profits".

Doesn't surprise me whatsoever. These hornets are not native to the US and, just like the Emerald Ash-Borer, they will hurt the flora or severely impact it. Its not going to stop any time soon.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

They can devastate a bee nest when they feel like carrying off the larvae for a tasty treat. Some strains of bee have a defense against them by balling over the top of them and generating enough collective heat to kill them that way. But the hornets basically just scissor off bee heads with their jaws one on one otherwise.

Now, an Africanized colony v. Murder hornets might be interesting, but I digress.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You sure your fruity wasps were not european wasps? They are fairly large and similar except they have a redish color on the head.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I must say these guys are supersized. I can also believe that if possible, a country altering their DNA and using them as a bio weapon to kill our honeybees.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

We already had this discussion.

Goodbye

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Everyone can make a mistake. Do you still have a sample to share?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Fake news.

Hoax. Murder hornets are just regular hornets.

Another hoax by the left

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Fake news.

Hoax. Murder hornets are just regular hornets.

Another hoax by the left

what a pinheaded post.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: ketsuko

I must say these guys are supersized. I can also believe that if possible, a country altering their DNA and using them as a bio weapon to kill our honeybees.

Nah, that's just what they do. No altering necessary. It's why Asian honeybees know how to deal with them.

Tampering with the DNA would have made it impossible for the bees to cope.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I can also believe that if possible, a country altering their DNA and using them as a bio weapon to kill our honeybees.

Yes, everyone knows the Disney/NBA jointly funded Wuhan lab has modified the DNA of the hornets to allow them to inject Covid into human targets as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Cornell Cooperative Extensiona reply to: drewlander

Better hurry up pal as football begins in less than one hour

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well I got that from Secret Service level Federal Agents. They Trump your standing in life and mine.

Goodbye

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Nah. They definitely exist, even in the US, but can be misidentified.

Coyote Peterson had an episode on this in West Virginia.

Coyote Peterson

And I forgive your snarkyness, waterglass, as I am pretty confident if Cornell or any respectable etymology department at any university became aware of an invasive species in the US they would actually do something other than tell you its an invasive species and send you on your way.
edit on 25-10-2020 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Cornell Cooperative Extensiona reply to: drewlander

Better hurry up pal as football begins in less than one hour

Wow, thanks for linking me to a university website. Case closed. Cornell has a website. You want to make personal attacks now though? Im game if mods will allow it. Bring it loser. The only killer bees in the US 15 years ago were made by bones bearings and sat in my skateboard. Bring proof of you meeting at Cornell and their analysis.
edit on 25-10-2020 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I can also believe that if possible, a country altering their DNA and using them as a bio weapon to kill our honeybees.

Yes, everyone knows the Disney/NBA jointly funded Wuhan lab has modified the DNA of the hornets to allow them to inject Covid into human targets as well.

"Masks protect you from Murder Hornets."
-Dr. Fauci.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Well I got that from Secret Service level Federal Agents.

Cool story, bro.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think that was the plot for Plague Dogs. The Disney film you were never meant to see.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
I think that was the plot for Plague Dogs. The Disney film you were never meant to see.

Masons get to see all the Disney films, who do you think puts the subliminal messages in them to corrupt your children?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Murder Hornets from China, Covid from China. . . .the same time "Mulan" came out from China.

Disney has some 'splaining to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join