It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis approves same sex unions - does he really approve homosexuality?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

The Anti-Pope Frances Works for the Guy " Downstairs " , and he Already has a Place Reserved for Him when he Finally Leaves God's Green Earth .........

edit on 26-10-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: miri2019

Aye, it's my misconceptions that are the issue.

My misconceptions have not ever killed anyone in my name so there is that.

As to souls, well again some proof might be nice, a better understanding of consciousness is the ticket there i imagine.

4,300 religions on this Earth, and they cannot all be correct, that's a massive problem right there because they are not all saying the same thing.
edit on 26-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It looks like we can spend the whole time here sticking to our guns and we won't come to any agreement. You already know my stance, so I'm leaving the table to the other users unless there's something new I can contribute to.

P.S. It should be late at night in your neck of the woods buddy, so have a good night. It's already night time here in Jersey.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: miri2019

It's only 11:40pm here the now, that's early for me, i don't sleep much.

I've got the weans 14th Birthday presents to layout yet.

You have yourself a good evening to you also miri2019.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You got some work to do then, happy 14th birthday to him/her!

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Doctor Smith

It's not my cup a tea myself but that's rather a draconian outlook to have in this day of age.

For the record, i really could not care where someone sticks their tallywhacker as long as they are consenting adults and its nowhere near my arse. LoL

Takes all sorts to make the world spin Doctor Smith and people cannot help who they are attracted to as it's apparently not a choice.

Surely any benevolent god would realize that fact?

Anyhoo what's Churchs got to do with sexuality in the first place?

I don't remember shafting coming up much if im honest.

It is probably a very difficult. expensive attitude to have in today's Sodom and Gomorrah. But I don't care. All the trinkets, gold and cash on the planet aren't worth jack to me. The more you have.... The more you waste your precious time keeping track of all the possessions.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

edit on 28-10-2020 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Yea its definitely better if a priest can marry. However, it's still a bit sad that we get our morals from books written by ancient men who saw women as lesser, condoned slavery, and stoned gays to death.

I think it's about time for a new religion.

You're in Luck. The DNC have a new religion they want us all to worship. It's called Anarchy and Selfishness.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kerrichin

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
And for the record I don't approve of Homosexual marriage. It goes against the Bible. Marriage is a contract between a male and female in order to have children. Sex is a biological urge to produce children. If you have an attraction to your own sex you have some type of physical or mental disorder.

If you want to deviate from the Churches teachings you shouldn't be forcing the Church to sanction it.

do you wear mixed fabrics, work on a sunday, eat pork, have sex which is non procreational?

there are a lot of rules in the bible, some that make no sense in this day and age, but it seems cherry pickingt eh ones that suit seems to be always in vogue with bible readers

I don't follow anything. I just do what ever I feel like doing.
But the bible is a more advanced moral guide that you should consider.
edit on 28-10-2020 by Doctor Smith because: added

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Well, that's just it though, gay people cannot help how they feel towards one another.

So if indeed they manage to find someone they love that they wish to share the rest of their life with.

Why would they waste their precious time wondering whether or not God or the church was ok with their lifestyle choices?

I don't know how you have gotten on to possessions Doctor Smith, people are not possessions even if the Bible does suggest Women are chattel and slavery is an appropriate state to exist for some.
edit on 28-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Well, that's just it though, gay people cannot help how they feel towards one another.

That's what electroshock conversion therapy and prayer are for.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Could always just bless a taser and zap two birds with the one stone i suppose.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Could always just bless a taser and zap two birds with the one stone i suppose.

While they stand in holy water.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well is it still holy water if two gay dudes are standing in it?

Or just water, water?

I mean what exactly is the church's position there?

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
After literally years, a really worthwhile and interesting thread on ATS. Thank you OP.

I wish people had discussed the political angle more, really. That's what all this is about. And while you're focusing on the US, Latin America is just as important.
edit on 28/10/20 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/10/20 by Astyanax because: bits.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So if indeed they manage to find someone they love that they wish to share the rest of their life with.

Why would they waste their precious time wondering whether or not God or the church was ok with their lifestyle choices?

I don't know how you have gotten on to possessions Doctor Smith, people are not possessions even if the Bible does suggest Women are chattel and slavery is an appropriate state to exist for some.

Yes. Why are they wasting their precious time getting approval from the Church??????

edit on 28-10-2020 by Doctor Smith because: added

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
After literally years, a really worthwhile and interesting thread on ATS. Thank you OP.

I wish people had discussed the political angle more, really. That's what all this is about. And while you're focusing on the US, Latin America is just as important.

Yeah, I'm sad I'm late to the party. Looks like it's winding down.

As a christian conservative in fly-over 'merika I'm in favor of civil unions for gay couples. I think we should switch Marriage Licenses to Civil Union Contracts or Domestic Partnership Agreements for everyone regardless of their sexual preferences. Government should not be defining what a marriage is or passing along some presumed 'secular blessing' of one demographic over another.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Why indeed?

What does such an endorsement gain them nevermind anyone else?

You see approval is like a drug, it becomes addictive and you quickly develop the need for more.

And when you value the beliefs, opinions, and needs of others above your own it seldom ends in happiness for you or for others around you.

Consensual adults don't make the world a worse off place by doing what makes them happy Doctor Smith.

Takes all sorts to make the world spin.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join