It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The so-called anti-gravity with some rethinking involved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There is a great article up at Quantamagazine.org that tries to argue why the Standard Model of physics is not as complete an explanation as the periodic table of elements is.

They do do a great job and you will have to read (and think) about what is presented.

The crux of the argument is the Higgs field. This is the quantum soup that keeps the particles we all know (leptons) restricted to having mass. All particle parts have chirality (handedness) and it is that interaction between them that allow the exchange of virtual particles that lend to the whole quantum flux that we live in.

As the universe cooled, an event known as electroweak symmetry breaking split the forces in two. This event was marked by the sudden appearance of a field extending throughout space, known as the Higgs field, which is associated with a particle called the Higgs boson — the final piece of our puzzle.

Here’s a cartoon version of how this generation of mass works. As a particle such as an electron moves through space, it constantly interacts with Higgs bosons — excitations of the Higgs field. When a left-handed electron bumps into a Higgs boson, the electron might ricochet off it in a new direction and become right-handed, then bump into another Higgs and become left-handed again, and so on. These interactions slow down the electron, and that’s what we mean by “mass.”

In general, the more a particle interacts with the Higgs boson, the more mass it has. Furthermore, the frequent interactions with Higgs bosons make those massive particles quantum mixtures of left- and right-handed.

Quantamagazin.org - A New Map of All the Particles and Forces.

So while they explain a triangle interaction between subatomic particles they have let the cat out of the bag!

You get “anti gravity” by keeping your mass from interacting with the Higgs Field!

How??

Elephrino. But I bet EM forces or fields are involved.

Anyway, a little science that my fraidycat self has been letting slide as “quantum magic”!

And just a better way of ‘seeing’ the Standard Model!

Ah, beer! And MNF on Thursday! Thank god I hate this sport and read some science that will help some people understand what I am talking about with all this black triangle stuff that brought me here to this community!

Enjoy more science, kids!!

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hey!

Might also explain FTL too!

Shielding interactions with other particles sounds a lot like a “gravity shield” that I was het up about when I first joined!

But if you stop and think... if you can shield your craft from even having electrons from interacting with Higgs bosons, welp, you have no mass to Universe!!

Warp speed, Lt. Sulu!!

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Very interesting....and so simple that it just might work! By limiting interactions with the Higgs field, one can achieve anti-gravity. Brilliant!

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hey there T

Hmm,
It sounds an awful lot like a theoretical physics explanation for Paise's applied mechanics manipulation of the local quantum vacuum density and anti gravity through a negation of inertia(mass).
Is the local quantum vacuum density the Higgs field?, sure sounds like it.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
holy crap how did I get here.
I don't know what you are saying but that don't mean it is wrong
I'm just going to back up slowly and...........ruuuuun

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Science and technology have completely passed me by. I wish I could keep up with it like I used too, but there have been so many discoveries made and evolutions in our understanding of such matters that it’s like looking at a dictionary from a forgotten language. Regardless, you presented it very well and I appreciate this post.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Rotation is the key to anti-gravity and how to prevent or create mass...

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I have earlier posted a supposition, not unlike yours...Time and Space Travel

A sphere or "bubble" made by a force field or shield will get you what you want. A force field completely surrounding the space craft will eliminate gravity affecting the mass of the ship. Inside will not be affected at all. it will stop all gravitational, radiational and light from penetrating. The ship becomes weightless and kinda sorta "not there". Since the space around the craft has become analogous to water, all that is needed to propel it is creating a "bubble" in the direction of travel and collapsing the "bubble" behind it. This in turn makes the craft scoot through space as if it were squeezed from the inrush of gravity affecting the "bubble".

Changing the frequency of the force shield will propel the craft forward or backwards in time. That is to say if your current sphere frequency is 10 and the directional bubble is 10 the space time continuum is not changed. If the current sphere is 10 and the directional bubble is created at 11, the craft jumps incrementally forward in time and reciprocally if the directional bubble is 9, the craft reverses into time. Remember, the actual frequencies have to be set in memory so that the craft can return to its own timeline.

Lots of nuances create eddys in the continuum, be it the craft's shape, surrounding space, purity of power used, and other anomalies that seem to pop up at the most in opportune time. That is why a very powerful and very shielded computer must be used to augment the travel.

Hope that helps,
NF

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
You get “anti gravity” by keeping your mass from interacting with the Higgs Field!

How??

Elephrino.
Reminds me of a joke. In WWII an admiral declared he figured out a way to immobilize all the enemy ships.

He was asked how.

"Simple, just drain all the water from the oceans"

he was asked how to do that.

"Don't bother me with the details, just do it!"

So I'm afraid that saying "Elephrino" doesn't quite explain how to do anti-gravity.

Anyway the Navy has already patented anti-gravity, which they refer to as "Repulsive gravity".

The US Navy has patented antigravity.

Sounds at least as plausible as the turbo-encabulator, and not the same as yours, but if you want to patent yours you will need to write more than "Elephrino" on the patent application.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yeah, that was my point!

The Navy patent does not have any details but sounds like the same idea of blasting the Higgs field away from interacting with the craft.

My guess is that it is a 2D material that shifts the interactions around the material. That is how they ‘float’.

The “invisibility” seems to also be part of the system that has the 2D material.

It is all connected!

But without specifics, I can only speculate!

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Im going to do my best to explain this to you. I'll start by saying your wrong people start out learning about Newtons law. They try to apply a 17th-century idea to particle physics these two do not go together.

It is not mass but energy and momentum which are primary. And all objects, not matter what they are made from or how they are moving from your point of view, have energy — so everything in the universe exerts a gravitational effect on everything else. The Higgs field is not the source for all mass in the universe. People say this but its not correct. It would be more accurate to say the Higgs field provides mass on certain particles but not all and is not the only source of mass either. now two particles namely photons and gluons and maybe gravitons if they exist do not interact at all with higgs field.

Having said that the mass of the Higgs particle does not entirely come from the Higgs field this is way oversimplified. You could have an entire thread just to discuss this. Since I don't have that much time I will simply say the mass of the Higgs particle does not have a single, simple, understood source, and the curious feature is that its mass is so small — this is one aspect of the enormous puzzle called the hierarchy problem.

en.wikipedia.org...

But in any case, the Higgs field is not the universal giver of mass to elementary particles. The Higgs particle itself gets its mass, at least in part, from elsewhere. And it probably isn’t alone. It is very possible that dark matter is made from particles, and these too probably get at least part of their mass from another source.

No matter how you view it, the Higgs field is not the universal giver of mass to things in the universe: not to ordinary atomic matter, not to dark matter, not to black holes. To most known fundamental particles, yes — and it is crucial in ensuring that atoms exist at all. Think of the Higgs field as the universal brake for particles without it all particles would be moving at the speed of light. This would be very bad for us as every particle in your body goes racing off. However, even without the Higgs field, there would be just as much interesting gravitational physics going on in the universe if there were no Higgs field.

I will try to explain more when I have the time or maybe someone will elaborate before then. However, you misunderstood what the Higgs particle and the Higgs field do.
edit on 10/24/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They are called “leptons” and I am not the curator of their beingness but am bringing an idea that we are all thinking wrong about what we describe as forces arise from.

That is the article’s point from the OP.

I am quite often wrong. And the ATS community keeps me honest. I will always admit when I am wrong. But what I am saying is that it is both more complicated than what we already know and, if scientific discovery holds true, easier than we currently understand.

The OP is a partial answer to something that I have never explained. And it is exactly what Dr. Pias is saying in his Navy UFO patents.

I get it. This is the internet and people are idiots. And you have answers. But please re-read the source material and not respond to my jerk ass self!

This is not a debate but a partial explanation on an idea, from science, to situate an idea in reality.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Your trying to figure out how anti-gravity would work correct?

So i will start by saying there is no way to shield yourself from the gravitational force. There's no way to set up a uniform gravitational field in a region of space, either, like you can between the parallel plates of an electrical capacitor. The reason? Because unlike the electric force, which is generated by positive and negative charges, there's only one type of gravitational "charge," and that's mass-and-energy. The gravitational force is always attractive, and there's simply no way around that.

Now to get around this would require negative gravitational mass we have not found anything that can do this yet. They are conducting experiments at CERN trying to see if antimatter would fall up instead of down. guess I will attempt to explain we will use newtons apple.

as we know when the apple falls out of the tree it smacks him in the head. However, if we can create negative gravity we can change the results. It has been theorized that antimatter and matter would repel each other. If this were true our matter earth would cause our antimatter apple to fall up. How it applies a negative to the equations though to be honest i think this will be a dead end.

But say we can have negative gravitational mass, all of that changes. If antimatter actually anti-gravitates, falling up instead of down, then gravity sees it as though it were made of anti-mass or anti-energy. Under the laws of physics that we currently understand, quantities like anti-mass or anti-energy don't exist. We can imagine them and talk about how they would behave, but we expect antimatter to act the same when it comes to gravity.

See Einstien told us there are two types of mass one being inertial mass and the other gravitational mass. Its the second that prevents anti-gravity. So let me explain the difference The inertial mass is what gives rise to an object’s inertia, i.e., its resistance to acceleration. An inertial mass is always positive valued. You cant make something not moving to not move less.

The gravitational mass, on the other hand, is what creates the gravitational field of the object. In usual general relativity, the two masses are identical by assumption: this is Einstein’s equivalence principle in fact. in it we not only talk about the equivalence for all types of masses, but for all types of energies, collected in what is known as the stress-energy-tensor. So why did I bring this up you ask? Simple we believe these two need to be the same and I just told you you can't have negative inertial mass. If we are wrong this would require a major rewrite of our physics as we understand it.

The only way you could in theory create what looks like anti-gravity is to have the ability to bend space around us. You would literally have to bend space in the opposite direction as gravity does. And if that kind of control could be found we would have warp drive.

Sorry, this is very hard to explain without showing a lot of math the last thing anyone wants to read.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Isn't Earth an Anti gravity Machine?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

The only way you could in theory create what looks like anti-gravity is to have the ability to bend space around us. You would literally have to bend space in the opposite direction as gravity does. And if that kind of control could be found we would have warp drive.

Making space less "stiff" is the core basis of many "how UFO's work" rumours including Pais/Puthoff current outing with their negative energy state interactions.

Looks like you just reduce "C" in your medium and decouple the tensors to make Space more bendy.

I got as far as trying to rationalise whether Einsteins none usage of Quaternions could facilitate such an important oversight in mainstream science...... and quickly realised I probably wasn't qualified.

edit on 25-10-2020 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm speculating that a micro mini black hole --- about the size of a proton --- housed in some kind of stasis sphere onboard a starship, should be able to create it's own magnetic field that surrounds outside the craft; giving it an anti-gravitational potential, and also having the capability of mass rejection of dangerous micro meteor particles by the magnetic field itself.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

If the magnetic fields were allowed to travel through your craft everyone would die from radiation. Not the best of plans

new topics

top topics

join