It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Slumber of the Beast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
"I'm Dead. It is Done." Says the Man.

Laying down on his back, both arms spread open like wings, his legs together and feet crossed as if attempting to stay grounded.

A smile on his face which expresses absolute peace; a feeling of achievement echoes from his being.

The Man had cast a sentence upon the Beast within him; this much his Spirit knew full well, but his conscience lacked awareness of.

Hours pass, whilst the Man lay still; Time has lost all meaning to Him.

An urge within Him wakes the Man. And so he walks to his favorite dispensary, walking like the Undead.

He comes across a figure. "Is it She? Could it Be?" The Beast within, having not been completely yet severed has smelled its Prey.

And so the Man gains vigor as he approaches; only to be sharply disappointed by the mundane identity of the figure, having come clearer in view.

This cat-and-mouse game continues all night, haunting and taunting the Man and the Beast.

The Man stumbles to his destination, wobbling about carelessly.

He takes a break. He is sick; A vile substance exits through his mouth.

The Man takes off his black jacket, as he is drenched in sweat from his own heat.

He lays down on the sidewalk, arms spread out again, with a cigarette to his lips pointing to the skies.

"It is done." He claims once more, and closes his eyes.

The Beast sleeps now; though there comes the Day where the Man becomes whole again and makes peace with the Beast Within.

Upon waking, the Man thirsts, for temporarily cutting off this part of himself drains the Spirit greatly; For Him, it is as Suicide.

Becoming aware of what is lost, the man falls to his knees and vomits profusely, then proclaims aloud
"I knew Everything! I know Nothing!"
His eyes filling with tears; enough to fill oceans, yet his Spirit Smiles.

And so the Fool continues on his Journey, collecting and sharing Stories.

But these are for another Day.

^_^

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
As the Man accepts his fate, he Rises to his feet.

Exhausted, confused, heavy, cold, and Thirsty is He.

He sees a bar he's never been to, though this place he would return to, for it is the place of dwelling of the Mighty.

He slowly and unsurely, as if a scared animal stepping to a drinking pond cautiously, takes a seat carefully chosen as not to be too close to the group of young men and women in the room, yet not too far as to appear suspicious.

If he could make himself unseen and unheard as not to disturb the peace in the presence, this He would do gladly.

What good could a Fool who thought in his delusions that he caused the end of the world bring to this place?!

A drink with caffeine would be nice; and so Redbull it is!

I don't know if it gives you wings, but it brings out the Beast within.

He likely, though foolishly, thought he could wake the Beast within, his Own, once more; with a sugary caffeinated energy drink, of all things.

"Well, who's it going to be?" says a young man in the group nearby, followed by soft and warm laughter.

A lovely young woman stands up bravely though nervously, and walks up to the stranger.

The barmaid joins the other young woman in engaging the Man.

Upon being greeted, the Man assumes he was approached out of concern for his 'tired and lost' appearance, and assures them both that he is fine, simply a little tired; He just had a Big Day, that's all.

When they asked him his name, He was at a loss for words.

He opened his arms, palms facing upwards, his eyes blazing like the sun, with a gaze as if looking beyond, and attempted to speak his Name: "Mmm...Mmm.... My name is..."

As the Man was nearing his expression of Self, as he rose Higher in Ascension while in full consciousness, He could sense the fear in the young folks present.

And so, he came back down unto himself and charmingly drifted back into telling stories to small talk his way into an easy exit as everyone smiles.

The Greatest of exits; when nobody notices you left but everyone has a smile on their face.

Then it happened; He heard Her voice!

Or so he thought; the Man having now slowly come back unto himself again, would now doubt the reality of the events that led to this adventure.

But the Beast knew full well, and began to Rise within the Man; for He knows his prey, his prize.

And so, with surging vigor, the Man walks up the stairs where he so heard Her voice.

Upstairs is a small room with a single poker table, and a door.

A group of men sharply dressed in black and red, and a single woman dressed in blue were about to begin.

"Forgive my intrusion, I'm a bit lost you see. But worry not, I mean you no harm."

He is invited to join them, but he preferred to watch; the Man only sought to Read the Cards, as he had recently learned or remembered to do.

And so, from his High chair, he watched them play, and he read the cards, and it brought him great joy in what he saw.

In a moment of clarity, the Man looks at all the Men sitting around the table in their fancy suits.

He looked them over, and over them, and he saw them as they once were, or as they truly are, in Higher Realms.

A tear upon everyone's face as the Man declares in an emotional tone "You've done wonderful. I'm proud of you all."

Is foolishness contagious?

For a Fool wondered into a watering hole, and walked out with wonderous memories.

The indwellers witnessed a fool wander and wonder themselves now: what is truly foolish?

The night went on, the Fool went this way and that way, around a few times.

He almost had her once, but then remembered why it can never be.

And so he gave in for the day, and sought rest.

On the drive home, the driver asks the Man, "Are you the one driving at the Wheel?"

The Man answers "No, not anymore. And it's better this way. I just want to go Home..."

And yet, the Man knows as he forgets what he once knew a little each day, Home slips further away.

new topics

join