It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk shared his latest moon and Mars plans with Earthlings today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Fine? Maybe now.

Here’s a video of a man after 200 days on the ISS.
He can’t walk under his own power and will not have a team to care for him on mars.

And I think people are really underestimating the dangers of solar radiation outside of earths magnetic field.
We have no clue how that’s going to effect people long term.
I remember the men heading to the moon reporting flashes of light in their eyes which were probably caused by radiation.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-10-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i think Musk is deluding himself... the absurd notion that a Mars migraton by wealthy Earthlings will afford them 'Life' while Earth is doomed to an ELE from the Suns' micro-Nova due in ~ 2046

RE: the censored 'Adam & Eve Story' edited by CIA...see also Diehold Foundation YT channel ->dieholdfoundation.com...

also: www.dieholdfoundation.com...
edit on th31160294858617292020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Wernher von braun had some of the most amazing and outlandish ideas. And he got the ball rolling. The big risk takers and dreamers are what we need more of. To progress.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And I think people are really underestimating the dangers of solar radiation outside of earths magnetic field.
I remember the men heading to the moon reporting flashes of light in their eyes which were probably caused by radiation.

The Apollo spacecrafts were not really shielded from radiation. New spaceships will be shielded in someway. Bases will need to be underground or shielded.

None of that is a showstopper.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think we can consider exponential innovation normal at this point.
I'm sure that some really surprising things will happen in the next 10 years.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Wernher von braun had some of the most amazing and outlandish ideas. And he got the ball rolling. The big risk takers and dreamers are what we need more of. To progress.

yes von braun was far-sighted, and he got to a very fortunate circumstance because the Furher saw the future in advancing the ideas von braun had... a Capitalist economic system would never allow the space-station & space colonization theme to have begun (other than Goddards' playful rocket-missile toys)

Soviet Systems would not have been better....

only a fanatic/cultist psycho like a Hitler & NAZI party could have nurtured a von braun or space interest at that juncture in history

Musk has a childhood fantasy about colonizing the Red Planet driving him (unawares?) and his being 'placed' into a prominent role in world affairs by a blk ops funding arm of the globalist elite cult, ensconced within the CIA...
Yes, Virginia, a 4th Reich does exist (we incorrectly call then a NWO)

edit on th31160295643717402020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

No. It’s your arrogance.

Answer the question and see how shallow the pool is and then we can talk.

Otherwise, we have crossed wires and never will connect.

Skepticism is not ignorance. And the old school ways are so far behind us that this mode of thinking is just sad. We have tech that makes a Star Trek civilization. That is your ignorance not mine.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

only a fanatic/cultist psycho like a Hitler & NAZI party could have nurtured a von braun or space interest at that juncture in history

Can thank the Allies and the Versailles Treaty for that

The treaty banned the Germans from having heavy artillery, ie calibers greater than 170 mm (6.7 in).

Said nothing about rockets. German army began experimenting with rockets especially liquid fueled rockets in the early
1930's before Hitler can to power

Once Hitler came to power continued the program - it took a dozen years before A4, which became the V2, flew

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: mightmight

Fine? Maybe now.

Here’s a video of a man after 200 days on the ISS.
He can’t walk under his own power and will not have a team to care for him on mars.

en.wikipedia.org...

Astronauts can walk after returning from the ISS. They get carried a a precautionary measure for the most part.
NASA actually has a program called Field Test to asses their capabilities immediately after landing.
www.nasa.gov...=1546

Check this out, this is Scott Kelly after a year in space just after landing. He does well enough on Earth, Mars would be much easier with just .37g.

Also, Astronauts on the ISS have a tightly packed schedule and only limited time available for physical exercise.
Starship crews really don't have anything useful to do during transit and could train far more excessively. It's not a non issue but it's manageable.

As is radiation. It's not nearly as big as a deal to begin with. You'd survive a trip to Mars just fine without any form of mitigation. The Radiation exposure just violates some pretty arbitrary federal guidelines. It's not very good long term, but it won't kill you. Or maybe it might, thirty years later when you die of cancer which you might have gotten anyway.
Greater issues arise if you plan to stay on Mars for many months or years. You'd need to build the base underground. Not very deep but some layer of protection is needed.
During transit, having living quarters in the center of the Starship with cargo along the outside hull, including your water storage is more than enough. During solar events, you'd point the ship away from the sun and build a makeshift storm shelter.
Unknown unknowns might always pop up, but it's not a show stopper by any means.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

No. It’s your arrogance.

Answer the question and see how shallow the pool is and then we can talk.

Otherwise, we have crossed wires and never will connect.

Skepticism is not ignorance. And the old school ways are so far behind us that this mode of thinking is just sad. We have tech that makes a Star Trek civilization. That is your ignorance not mine.

I'm not the one calling a someone with blatantly HUGE success an idiot, you are ignorant to say that imo. Now you could say you don't buy his BS etc that's fine, but to call him an idiot would be folly and ignorant.
It's Ignorant (and arrogant) to assume you are right about this, when your not.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

he's hard to listen to,,, its like the turn-table DJ doing scratching with the record

or the digital icon Maxx Headroom verbalizing the preamble to constitution

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

They have developed new exercise equipment and methods that significantly reduce muscle and bone loss.

Joe Rogan had an astronaut on his show who actually works for Musk now and was explaining how it works. 15 years ago they had problems with it, now they dont because they discovered heavy short interval (max) resistance training in space maintains your bone and muscle mass.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

There is much more to it than just physical exercise.
Bone calcium is urinated.
There are issues with spinal fluid.
There have been issues with the eyes changing.

www.space.com...

There are even concerns with genes turning on and off in low gravity.

www.space.com...

Many of these things are still unknown and will not be discovered until someone spends three years in one sixth normal gravity.

edit on 17-10-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The human body will adapt to low Mars gravity.

This is just one of the reasons why a one way trip and Mars colony makes the most sense.

Anyone born on Mars should have less problems. A couple generations down the road and they are true Martians.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

He is not successful!

That is your leash. I am calling like I see it: he is a used car salesman.

I am a realist and don’t trust that personality.

Besides, the tech he touts has been replaced so he has been allowed to continue this BS narrative and he is too dumb to realize it because they are feeding his ego.

Wake up to the real world! We don’t bite!

PS - It doesn’t hurt either!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

He is not successful!

That is your leash. I am calling like I see it: he is a used car salesman.

I am a realist and don’t trust that personality.

Besides, the tech he touts has been replaced so he has been allowed to continue this BS narrative and he is too dumb to realize it because they are feeding his ego.

Wake up to the real world! We don’t bite!

PS - It doesn’t hurt either!!!

Okee dokey

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

He must be doing something right to have come this far. He may be a douche bag dreamer but he has rekindled my hopes for space exploration even though it's obviously far fetched at times. His relatively speedy transition from one stage to the next is a breath of fresh air as opposed to the usual NASA slogging.

This is a layman's viewpoint as I have no clue about astrophysics or any other related field that one needs to understand regarding this, but still. When things are as bleak as they are here on earth, does it hurt to look upwards and onwards?

Lastly, I get the impression that you have personal beef with Elon. The vitriol in your posts certainly seem to suggest that.

edit on 18 10 2020 by Skeletonized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am kinda betting that they are already sending people to the moon and mars and this is just a public way of confirming that.

Then once they comet hits they will be like don't worry humanity will survive and Elon will wave farewell!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join