It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have The Curse Of The COVID

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I only know two people that have had COVID, that are close enough with me, that I could ask nosey and personal questions about their experience with the disease.

In both cases they said the worse of it was the lethargy and the brain fog.

I am lying in bed now with a lost of energy. I don't want to get up. I have a thousand things that need doing, and I feel so overwhelmed with it all that I just no longer want to bother. My memory is a sharp as ever, but I have trouble pulling from my memory the exact word I wish to use. I know what I want to say, I just can't grab the right word as effortlessly as before.

Before March I was so much on the go, that I barely had time to slow down. In March everything came to a screeching halt, and I am having trouble getting the engine started again.

My house has become a storage shed. Mostly due to the weather, my yard is a mess, and my job is still indecisive about what a full re-opening is supposed to look like.

This, I think, is the curse of the COVID.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Can you please list more of your symptoms?

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
good news is, once you get over it, you will pretty much be immune going forward.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Chris says he regrets not taken it more serous.
www.politico.com... 5910

I personally had two friends die from covid. I don't know anyone that has gotten it lived but now has complications from it.
I did talk with a women yesterday as part of my job. She told me that she battled covid for three weeks and now has permanent nerve damage.

I think we as a society are extremely lucky that we have our modern meds and medical equipment. Just imagine how bad this would be for people without it.
edit on 16-10-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: loueber
good news is, once you get over it, you will pretty much be immune going forward.

Maybe.
www.webmd.com...

Oct. 12, 2020 -- A 25-year-old man from Nevada and a 42-year-old man in Virginia experienced second bouts of COVID-19 about 2 months after they tested positive the first time. Gene tests show both men had two slightly different strains of the virus, suggesting that they caught the infection twice.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I am not infected physically with the virus. I am affected by the virus, and suffering from the life changes that has affected the previous norms in my life.

The shutting down and the locking down did not have an immediate impact on me. Six months into this thing I am noticing insidious changes in myself.

My primary symptoms fall into the category of lethargy, ennui, fatigue, and lack of motivation. I have also noticed episodes of brain fog.

I have no flu like symptoms or any physical symptoms that could be affiliated with the cold or flu.

I don't have COVID, but I do believe that I have been cursed by it.

edit on 16-10-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I...a 1st Responder.. have had it since May 2019...16 months.

So, they lied to all of you...I knew it then...what it was and how transmitted..we didn't call it "Covid-version#19 yet then...

PS Had fog, fatigue, lost 80 lbs...still

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I am not infected physically with the virus. I am affected by the virus, and suffering from the life changes that has affected the previous norms in my life.

The shutting down and the locking down did not have an immediate impact on me. Six months into this thing I am noticing insidious changes in myself.

My primary symptoms fall into the category of lethargy, ennui, fatigue, and lack of motivation. I have also noticed episodes of brain fog.

I have no flu like symptoms or any physical symptoms that could be affiliated with the cold or flu.

That is what I got from your OP. But others were mentioning that they thought you had the disease. I had to reread it and almost thought I was messing up till I saw this post.

I know quite a few people who have the same problem as you, the disease is crushing their lives and they don't even have the disease. I can't tell them to get up and get out and not fear it because I know a person who died from it and he had COPD....Trouble is some of the people I know are taking medicines that can make the disease more of a problem or have conditions that put them more at risk of a severe reaction. I just inform them of natural ways to lessen their risk with certain foods and that is all I can do other than advise those people at high risk to be careful.

Now, those with risky conditions is only a third of the people I know who are paralyzed by this disease, many young people are destroying their social life because of this and it is having a toll on their mind. This disease is going to destroy their social life but I cannot tell them what to do either way or the other. Some take my advice about some dietary choices that lessen the risk of a severe case of the virus after they verify the info. Others blow me off figuring there is nothing that can be done...they are doomed. Nothing I find stops a person from getting the virus, it just helps us fight it when we get it and get immunity for an undetermined amount of time. Even the vaccine does not stop you from getting the disease, it just readies your body to fight it when you get it. So you do not get as sick.

People think wrongly that the vaccine stops you from getting a disease, it just stimulates your body to be ready for the virus if you get it, it focuses your immune system to look for this virus but that can also make you more susceptible to a different virus. I have nothing against vaccines, but I cannot take some of them because my immune system goes cytokine when I get the flu vaccine and the whooping cough vaccine. I am leery of getting the Covid vaccine because of that. I don't have a clue if other vaccines will negatively effect me as bad as those two do, but I am not wanting to have my body over react to anything, it sucks being sicker than a dog from something that is supposed to protect you from getting sick. Plus, two doctors have told me that the flu vaccine can kill me or put me in the hospital, it has done that to others who are like me. You do not know till you try it though, I had two flu shots and both almost made me decide to go to the hospital. The pertusis vaccine part of the DTAP gave me the same symptoms as when I was diagnosed with Whooping cough...no more DTAP for me, my doctor said they do have both DT and plain tetanus shots he can give me if needed.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think more people are going to start to wake up to how the effects of our response to COVID is affecting our lives.

I honestly believe there will be many more people that will suffer from the affects, than will be infected.

We have so many distractions and stressors in our life right now, that many are ignoring or completely unaware of how we are changing. At some point things will have to come to a head. I just hope it bodes well for us.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Take vitamin D ... if your not getting outside as much as you should , the. You could be low on vitamin D .... of course you should probably have a blood test done first to see what your vitamin levels are currently at ... but I’d be willing to bet your low on vitamin D . ... which of course is also one of the main vitamins that wards off corona virus too .

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I think more people are going to start to wake up to how the effects of our response to COVID is affecting our lives.

I honestly believe there will be many more people that will suffer from the affects, than will be infected.

We have so many distractions and stressors in our life right now, that many are ignoring or completely unaware of how we are changing. At some point things will have to come to a head. I just hope it bodes well for us.

I am sixty five years old, I don't have that many years left of good life. I will be more cautious, but am not going to let this disease ruin my attitude towards life. I will wear a mask and do social distancing, and I have saved money by not going out shopping for stuff I do not really need this summer, so financially we did not lose anything. We stocked up pretty well on things, because of the inability to get things you need that occurred this last year, and we managed to get stuff on sale to save money the last month and a half. The good sales kind of diminished a lot during the Covid crazy days, stuff was expensive.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I have had trouble with my Vit D levels in the past.

I have been taking Vit D for years, and my critters and my yard, keeps me outside more than for most. So I think I am good on that front.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
I...a 1st Responder.. have had it since May 2019...16 months.

So, they lied to all of you...I knew it then...what it was and how transmitted..we didn't call it "Covid-version#19 yet then...

PS Had fog, fatigue, lost 80 lbs...still

How did they/you decide you have covid. What test was used?
Thanks
edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: Corr

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I too have had many positive changes in my life because of COVID. It has brought my family and my community closer together. It gave me the opportunity to rest, maybe too much.

That may be why it took me so long to pick up on the negative effects. A curse always comes with a bright side, to keep you in the dark.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

With all bad there is some good, and with all good there is some bad.

What is good for one person can be bad for another. It depends on which side of the fence your on and your beliefs. If you find a twenty dollar bill on the floor of a store, it is good for you but usually bad for the person who lost it.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: loueber

Maybe.
www.webmd.com...

Oct. 12, 2020 -- A 25-year-old man from Nevada and a 42-year-old man in Virginia experienced second bouts of COVID-19 about 2 months after they tested positive the first time. Gene tests show both men had two slightly different strains of the virus, suggesting that they caught the infection twice.

yes so far, those are the only 2 confirmed cases out of the infections. WHich is pretty good and unless the strain mutates ( like the common cold) i think whoever gets it should be good going forward.
If it mutates like the common cold or even the flu does each year...then we are screwed.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: loueber

I don't think we are screwed. The world has seen plagues on a far more deadly and gruesome scale before, and we are still here.

I believe it will run its course and we will live to usher in the next pandemic. And the next. The cycle of life seems to include microbes, and a lot of other things we humans consider pests. Things that serve a purpose in that cycle, maybe even more than we do.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
those are signs of depression I am sorry you feel so bad....hope things get better for you

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

What you have is depression, like so many others, due indirectly to covid, just like so many of the deaths. Aka died with covid not of it.

The remedy is to stop watching the MSM, go out into nature and get some fresh air and exercise. Put your favourite music on and get on with all the jobs you have neglected.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Sick of it all, eh ?
Many of us can relate.

Some have given 'everything' up : to search for the meaning of happiness and peace.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join