It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China insists Genghis Khan exhibit not use words ‘Genghis Khan’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

edit on 15-10-2020 by Scapegrace because: I posted in the wrong thread! Embarrassing.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not so sure doing better is postponing the event for years. A true middle finger would be having the show and offering free entrance for the Chinese people who visit in appreciation of their history that is being displayed.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
This is something I could see happening here, in the States.

Already is.

Lincoln, LINCOLN of all people, is now demonized by the left and his statue toppled.

The Left is the Taliban of the West, and just as ignorant, extremist and destructive.
edit on 15-10-2020 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
Since when is china able to dictate what the French do in their own museums, on French sovereign soil? It’s time the French order #16 with a side of extra cabbage, and hold china’s head under the blanket. Why not allow the chinese to join the UN human rights council, while you’re at it!?
Oh wait....

Um, I would imagine they are displaying exhibits/items that are from China, lent to them by China. I would just send the stuff back.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Since when is china able to dictate what the French do in their own museums, on French sovereign soil? It’s time the French order #16 with a side of extra cabbage, and hold china’s head under the blanket. Why not allow the chinese to join the UN human rights council, while you’re at it!?
Oh wait....

Um, I would imagine they are displaying exhibits/items that are from China, lent to them by China. I would just send the stuff back.

How about sending the stuff to Mongolia..🤔

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: vonclod

Oh wait....

How about sending the stuff to Mongolia..🤔

Nice! ..even better!

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The French themselves keep objecting to Waterloo Station, Trafalgar Square, and Nelson's Column, but London takes no notice.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Spider879

Temujin was Mongolian. The CCP can kiss my butt

This may actually be about Tibet, rather than China.

At the time that the Mongols invaded China Tibet existed as a completely independent country with its own distinct leadership and ethnic identity.

The Mongols ONLY invaded Chinese territory and didn't move into Tibet.

Later, long after the Mongolian invasion had taken place, the Mongols invaded Tibet. This was a separate invasion for separate reasons.

It was only AFTER this invasion that China and Tibet were unified as part of a single entity (The Mongol empire).

It's plausible that the Chinese government rejected the museum exhibit because it showed that Tibet and China were both separate countries, and were only brought together by the leadership of an invading foreign power.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Maybe because A) The Mongolians don't have the same level of tourist spending and B) because they might not want to let the French have them back.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I know that the Chinese are a little sensitive to the fact that Genghis Khan conquered them, but come off it, this is utterly ridiculous. What's the museum going to do, relabel him "GK, Leader of the Ms, who created an E"?

In China the Mongols are considered to be an ethnic people who assimilated into Chinese society. Becoming what is commonly thought of as being the modern day Han people (Yes, there is a lot more to it than that, but this is the basics)

This isn't seen as being an invasion as such. More that Mongols attacked China because China was wealthy and successful (Which is "mostly" true), but over the generations that followed the Mongols integrated into Chinese society, stopped being Mongols, and became Chinese (Also "mostly" true).

This is essentially the same as saying that the English invaded America, and then became Americans (Yes, yes, there are some semantics to argue about here).

China doesn't like other countries telling it what it's own history is.

There's also a possibility that this is about Tibet rather than China. Tibet and China were two separate entities at the time of the Mongol invasion. The Mongols took China, but not Tibet. Years later the Mongols went further and invaded Tibet as well.

Historically, it was this event that "unified" China and Tibet". The Chinese don't like to be reminded that their country as it is today is essentially an empire created by somebody else.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   
To clear up any confusion.... As always The Guardian article is a mixture of vague explanation and ambiguous sentences.

The French museum can exhibit anything they choose, but this exhibition relies heavily on collaboration with Inner Mongolia Museum in Hohhot. It is the Inner Mongolia Museum in Hohhot who the CCP culture dept. have curtailed.

The French museum in Nantes can go ahead with the exhibition but this isn't going to happen with most of the exhibits and support now curtailed.

So to be clear, France have not 'given up' and the CCP are not telling France to do anything.

This is what's known as tabloid journalism. The Guardian at it again... bloody propaganda outlet, don't know why anyone reads this crap.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to: AaarghZombies

Interesting, will research more. thanks

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't like the direction China has been taking.

This is just one more example of who they really are.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join