It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Forest / San Francisco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has heard or had any experiences with the Sutro Forest aka Suicide Forest in San Francisco. I recently found out about the Forest's history when I watched
so I decided to go out there for myself. I was first shocked at how dense the forest is and how easily it would be to hide something in the forest. Given that the forest is in the heart of San Francisco I was amazed that I was the only person in the forest. As I walked around the forest I did feel like I was constantly watched and did hear a few strange noises. I took a few pictures and recorded a few audio sessions on my phone but didn't capture anything. Which leads me to ask, why are there so many suicides in SF?

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I had relatives in San Fran many years ago. Ive been to the forest, ages ago. I thought it was a cool place. I haven't heard about any strangeness there.
Have you visited the Sutro Bath ruins?

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Is this an imported version of Aokigahara (青木ヶ原), also known as the Sea of Trees (樹海, Jukai), which is a "suicide forest" located near Mr. Fuji in Japan?

I saw a crazy movie about that. I guess if you're going to off yourself, why not do it someplace where there is a nice view?
edit on 14-10-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That was a good movie.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: Blue Shift

That was a good movie.

Except for the part where (as I recall) a woman loses her child in the forest and he returns years later still alive. That part didn't make any sense, didn't pay off, and seemed to be from a completely different story. The "haunted woods" theme is a good one, though, and is used pretty effectively in David Paulides' "Missing 411" stuff.

new topics

top topics

join