It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea unveils massive new ballistic missile in military parade

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

North Korea unveiled what analysts believe to be one of the world's largest ballistic missiles at a military parade celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Workers' Party broadcast on state-run television on Saturday.

"What North Korea has shown us, what appears to be a new liquid-fueled ICBM that seems to be a derivative of what was tested back in late 2017, known as the Hwasong-15, is much bigger and clearly more powerful than anything in the DPRK's arsenal," said Harry Kazianis, senior director of Korean studies at the Washington DC-based Center for the National Interest.

When the Hwasong-15 was tested in 2017, Pyongyang said it was "capable of carrying a super-heavy nuclear warhead." Analysts said at the time it was expected to have the range to hit much of the United States mainland.

North Korea tested the Hwasong-15 at Pyongyang in 2017. Analysts believe the Hwasong-15 can hit much of the US mainland.

This new ballistic missile should allow NK to be able to deliver more megatons and maybe reach anywhere in the US.

North Korea flight tested the Hwasong-15 for the first time at 3:17 am (Japan Standard Time) on November 28, 2017 from a launch location approximately 30 km north of Pyongyang. The missile flew for 53 minutes, reaching an altitude of around 4,500 km before descending and landing within Japan’s Exclusive Economic Zone. The missile traveled a distance of 960 km from its launch point.1

Based on the energy required for such a high loft, one analyst has estimated that it could have travelled 13,000 km if flown on a range maximizing trajectory, putting the entire continental United States within range.2 It remains unclear, however, whether the Hwasong-15 was outfitted with a realistically weighted payload. If the missile was flown with a light or no payload, its range may be less when equipped with an actual nuclear warhead.

Hwasong-15 (KN-22)

I sure hope we can workout some kind of deal with NK.

It seems pretty dangerous for a country like NK to have this kind of power.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
A deal? LOL!!!

Yeah, you fire that anywhere near the US or our territories and your part of the island will be inhabitable for 10,000 years.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

North Korea unveiled what analysts believe to be one of the world's largest ballistic missiles at a military parade celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Workers' Party broadcast on state-run television on Saturday.

"What North Korea has shown us, what appears to be a new liquid-fueled ICBM that seems to be a derivative of what was tested back in late 2017, known as the Hwasong-15, is much bigger and clearly more powerful than anything in the DPRK's arsenal," said Harry Kazianis, senior director of Korean studies at the Washington DC-based Center for the National Interest.

When the Hwasong-15 was tested in 2017, Pyongyang said it was "capable of carrying a super-heavy nuclear warhead." Analysts said at the time it was expected to have the range to hit much of the United States mainland.

North Korea tested the Hwasong-15 at Pyongyang in 2017. Analysts believe the Hwasong-15 can hit much of the US mainland.

This new ballistic missile should allow NK to be able to deliver more megatons and maybe reach anywhere in the US.

North Korea flight tested the Hwasong-15 for the first time at 3:17 am (Japan Standard Time) on November 28, 2017 from a launch location approximately 30 km north of Pyongyang. The missile flew for 53 minutes, reaching an altitude of around 4,500 km before descending and landing within Japan’s Exclusive Economic Zone. The missile traveled a distance of 960 km from its launch point.1

Based on the energy required for such a high loft, one analyst has estimated that it could have travelled 13,000 km if flown on a range maximizing trajectory, putting the entire continental United States within range.2 It remains unclear, however, whether the Hwasong-15 was outfitted with a realistically weighted payload. If the missile was flown with a light or no payload, its range may be less when equipped with an actual nuclear warhead.

Hwasong-15 (KN-22)

I sure hope we can workout some kind of deal with NK.

It seems pretty dangerous for a country like NK to have this kind of power.

Someone said keep your enemy close to you.

Japan has now increased their military budget self-defense budget for the first time since world war II.

The Japanese government is finally Awakening up to the fact that they really have to defend for themselves in the future if Joe Biden gets elected and I think this is one of the reasons why the military budget has greatly increased this time around.
And I mean really increased this time around.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Yeah, you fire that anywhere near the US or our territories and your part of the island will be inhabitable for 10,000 years.

Yea, I just hope it doesn't come down to that.

If a deal is not reached for NK to disarm. It looks like the world will need to take action.

They cannot be allowed to just keep building bigger and more deadly weapons.

ETA - As their people starve.

edit on 10-10-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars
Don't forget about the intel last week that China had been strong -arming NK to do some missle testing prior the election...

this may be something along those lines...I'll see if I can find the mentioned article.

edit on 10-10-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Wonder what size of batteries Little Kim's Dildo takes?

edit on 10-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
*looks dejectedly at my Donald Trump-Kim Jong Un commemorative coin...

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Don't forget about the intel last week that China had been strong -arming NK to do some missle testing prior the election...

That's a good point.

I do remember reading about that.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Yea, I just hope it doesn't come down to that.

If a deal is not reached for NK to disarm. It looks like the world will need to take action.

They cannot be allowed to just keep building bigger and more deadly weapons.

ETA - As their people starve.

Me too but convincing him we are serious and will do that - no deals - is what will keep him from launching that at us. He doesn't want to be killed any more than the rest of us and he will die if he shoots that at us.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
*looks dejectedly at my Donald Trump-Kim Jong Un commemorative coin...

At least he tried.

It could still payoff, it's not over with yet.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The video looks like a 14 year olds attempt at making a "fake giant missile" prank vid.
The whole thing looks like little models in a studio(but from the 80s).

Try harder lil Kim.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This made me think of a Shrek scene.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

.......North Korea flight tested the Hwasong-15 for the first time at 3:17 am (Japan Standard Time) on November 28, 2017 from a launch location approximately 30 km north of Pyongyang. The missile flew for 53 minutes, reaching an altitude of around 4,500 km before descending and landing within Japan’s Exclusive Economic Zone. The missile traveled a distance

Japan has now increased their military budget self-defense budget for the first time since world war II.

The Japanese government is finally Awakening up to the fact that they really have to defend for themselves in the future if Joe Biden gets elected and I think this is one of the reasons why the military budget has greatly increased this time around.

North Korea tested the 100 kiloton-class warhead for this missile in September, 2017. A couple of months later, they tested the prototype for this missile. In the 3 years since, they have apparently put this missile and its transporter-launcher into production. In other words, North Korea became a full-fledged nuclear power on Trump's watch. That's a fact, and has nothing to do with what Biden might or might not do if he is elected.

Japan is awakening to the fact that Trump let North Korea get strategic nuclear weapons and Japan now has to deal with that fact.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is actually funny!!

These < snipped by moderator > can launch whatever they want, their "one" missile. Okay, go ahead!

In less than 12 minutes their entire landscape will be LEVELED by 15-20 SLBM's (with about 60 MIRV warheads). Their entire existence will CEASE to exist! VAPOR, MIST and...DUST!

Not even China would dare do such a thing! So, go ahead, NK...DOOOOoooo it!!

The whole NK thing is a JOKE! China would nuke them before they ever let NK nuke North America!!

This is all just bravado, and politics! China would never let this happen!! NEVER!!! They would nuke NK into extinction before they would ever allow the NK's to nuke the US!! Seriously.

edit on 10/11/20 by Hefficide because: Removed racially insensitive language

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: musicismagic

.......North Korea flight tested the Hwasong-15 for the first time at 3:17 am (Japan Standard Time) on November 28, 2017 from a launch location approximately 30 km north of Pyongyang. The missile flew for 53 minutes, reaching an altitude of around 4,500 km before descending and landing within Japan’s Exclusive Economic Zone. The missile traveled a distance

North Korea tested the 100 kiloton-class warhead for this missile in September, 2017. A couple of months later, they tested the prototype for this missile. In the 3 years since, they have apparently put this missile and its transporter-launcher into production. In other words, North Korea became a full-fledged nuclear power on Trump's watch. That's a fact, and has nothing to do with what Biden might or might not do if he is elected.

Japan is awakening to the fact that Trump let North Korea get strategic nuclear weapons and Japan now has to deal with that fact.

It only you're right.

But you're missing the whole point and that is Japan is closer to North Korea so basically it's Japan's fault for letting North Korea develop nuclear weapons not America and definitely not president Trump's fault either.

The Japanese politicians are afraid to be men real men.

But we now have suga and he is a homegrown boy that developed into well-rounded men and he's not going to take no b******* from North Korea.

What really puzzles me is that there's still trade between North Korea and Japan I just don't get that at all.

And you may not know this but most pachinko parlors are North Korean owned yeah that's right North Korean owned here in Japan.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's just another my dick is bigger then your dick, thingy Lol if the damn thing isn't hollow and he actually launched it ( other then the test) I believe we could shoot it out of the sky and that's all we would have to prove! little tubby guy trying to be a big man, but it look's good rolling down the street, the truck has lots of wheels, bet it's the only one, let Japan re-arm and they can put the smack down on his ass while we deal with dirty China in the south sea, just saying
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: added a hyphon

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Exactly. The US has first, second and third strike capability.

There is no where in NK for him to hide.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Nation
Arm Yourselves and Prepare; China Massing "Tens-of-Thousands" of Troops in Prince Rupert and Vancouver Canada. Invade USA?

Under a Treaty signed in late 2019 with Canada, the People's Liberation Army of China has been quietly massing military troops in Canada since the beginning of 2020 and those troops are believed to be readying for an actual military invasion of the United States.

While it has long been rumored that China began massing troops and armor in southern Mexico for a similar invasion goal, word of such troops appearing in Canada only began this year. Those rumors were pretty much laughed off until video emerged this week of Chinese troops on a back road of Salt Spring Island, near Vancouver, British Columbia. Here is that 35 second video:
halturnerradioshow.com... ce-rupert-and-vancouver-canada-invade-usa

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Kim is still alive?
I thought his sister took over.

As if the rest of the world couldn't just microwave their entire country from space, then move in and mine the remains.

The threats are getting old, but acting on them is suicide.
Such a mineral rich nation could make something of itself if it was willing to make use of the current system.
Maybe even get some education to the people and join the rest of society.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Didn't Trump go to North Korea and hold very successful diplomacy talks with Kim Jong? Or maybe Trump over exaggerated the success of these talks, maybe he had the wool pulled over his eyes by Kim Jong?

Either way, it seems Trump succeeded in bolstering NK's Offensive Capabalities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join