It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Impact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Just saw what has to be a meteor Impact.

Am outside taking my dogs out when. I happened to see what was unmistakably a meteor SSW of me no more 15 - 20 miles of my location between Houston and Galveston.

It came down at an apparent angle that was approximately 45°-50° and it intersected the horizon perhaps a second to a second and a half of when it came into my field of view.

It seemed to be a classic bolide in that I'd had a distinct green color to the main body; it had an orange tail.

There was no flash when it hit so it could have come down in the gulf and may not have any visible evidence of impact.

A friend of mine is with me and witnessed the event as well.
edit on 6-10-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: Bollide not collide

edit on 6-10-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's probably comet Swan.
I'd drive really fast the other way before the tsunami hits bro.
edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Was probably farther than you thought. It will be peak time tomorrow for the Draconid Meteor shower...

earthsky.org...
edit on 10/6/2020 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax

Could very well have been

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Just saw what has to be a meteor Impact.

Am outside taking my dogs out when. I happened to see what was unmistakably a meteor SSW of me no more 15 - 20 miles of my location between Houston and Galveston.

It came down at an apparent angle that was approximately 45°-50° and it intersected the horizon perhaps a second to a second and a half of when it came into my field of view.

It seemed to be a classic bolide in that I'd had a distinct green color to the main body; it had an orange tail.

There was no flash when it hit so it could have come down in the gulf and may not have any visible evidence of impact.

A friend of mine is with me and witnessed the event as well.

If there was no flash when it "hit" then it didn't hit. That would be true even if it hit in water.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Any chance it was something more terrestrial? (ahem...Green Lady)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pharyax
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Was probably farther than you thought.

There are meteor impact trackers on the Internet. If it managed to hit before it turned completely to dust, maybe you can find it on one of those sites. It may take a couple of days for the data to show up, though. Looks like there was a big sighting (and possible impact) in Indiana / Ohio last week.
fireball.amsmeteors.org...

top topics

join