It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What great things has Donald Trump done as President? -- Sources Required

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Dang that’s a long list, I guess the msm doesn’t think people want to hear all that info, I guess they think the American people care more about Trump tweeting mean words to a reporter.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JusticeIsComing

he has tried to do many things but the whiny cry baby dems have blocked and fought him every step of the way. even so he has accomplished quite a few.

the one i like the best is the repeal of the individual mandate. no time in history of this country has the government forced U.S. citizens to buy a product from private owned companies, and fined/taxed them if they didn't, cause obama and his buddies in the insurance industry wanted to get even richer.

and if you need sources, it seems to me that you haven't been paying attention to what he has done, while only listening to claims of what he hasn't or what he supposedly did, which has always comes out that he didn't.

edit on 1-10-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Someone should do a thread on all the great things Biden has done in 47 year in politics.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

What's wrong with dropping bombs on people who behead journalists with rusty pocket knives?

What's wrong with dropping missiles on known terrorist recruiters?

The reason it's more than Bush or Obama is he actually solved the problem of ISIS in the middle east, instead of funding them and giving them fancy new Toyotas lol. wake up.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SammyB0476
Someone should do a thread on all the great things Biden has done in 47 year in politics.

It would be a blank thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

The same thing that's wrong with the original invasion and occupation of those countries....

America has no right to police the world and go on a campaign of conquer over resources.

If Trump had brought the troops home and pulled America out of every foreign occupation and every activity of conquest they're undertaking I'd have a bit of respect for him.

Instead he's continued to disrespect the sovereignty of foreign nations, spurred coops in Venezuela, and continued America's illegal wars.

He's also continued selling America out to.corporations. Everything he does is just as much of a lie as the Democrats.
edit on 1/10/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'll take Actual Middle East Peace Deals for $500 please?
Just because that's kind of current and earning him Nobel prize nominations and stuff.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SammyB0476

Well here's some of the things he has done

www.pastemagazine.com...

It’s easy to forget, but Joe Biden used to be a punchline that very few people took seriously as a major political candidate. In 2008, he couldn’t surpass the immortal Bill Richardson in the polls—never exceeding 5% support—and Biden dropped out after the Iowa caucus—the first vote of primary season. Barack Obama single-handedly changed the course of Biden’s career, and after standing next to the most popular politician in America for eight years, Biden has finally gained the mainstream appeal he never was able to assemble on his own, as he officially launched his (doomed) presidential campaign today while leading in tons of polls.

Joe Biden’s Senate career has been defined by being essentially a center-right Republican. In no particular order, here are the 10 worst things Joe Biden has done in his political career*.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This link will show you some of Trumps accomplishments since 2017. Month by month, year by year.

Enjoy.

www.promiseskept.com...
edit on 10/1/2020 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Hello.

I won’t list a bunch off or give you some list with a link, rather I’ll focus on one that I think deserves merit as I go along, with some extensive research.

HBCUs (Historically Black College Universities) for a long time were used as a bargaining chip in Senate funding bills that would determine whether they get a raise, nothing or a decrease. Under President Trump, who pushed for a bipartisan bill, the result is the “Futures ACT”. This meant that no longer will they be used as a point of leverage, rather, cement funding permanently for HBCUs.

In fact, prior before this historic passage, no less then 30 days after President Trumps inauguration, he signed an EO, “The White House Initiative to Promote Excellence and Innovation at Historically Black Colleges and Universities.” that sought to empower HBCUs.

The results are as mention,

President Trump has given more money to HBCUs than any other president in history for both undergraduate and graduate studies. Federal funding for HBCUs is up 17% under the Trump administration with an increase of more than $100 million, which surpassed the previous record set by President Obama amid the first black president’s tenuous and love-hate relationship with HBCUs.

In March 2018, the Trump administration provided financial relief to HBCUs impacted by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita that struck the Gulf Coast in 2005. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos issued full forgiveness of loans in the amount of $322 million to Dillard University, Southern University at New Orleans, Tougaloo College, and Xavier University of Louisiana under the HBCU Hurricane Supplemental Loan program. The monies saved can be repurposed to provide tuition assistance and expansion of curriculum, where feasible.

To comply with President Trump’s executive order for more strategic partnership investments in HBCUs, Congress has drafted the HBCU PARTNERS Act (Propelling Agency Relationships Towards a New Era of Results for Students). HBCUs are in 19 states which gives those academic institutions greater access to compete for more than $52 billion in state-based federal agency research and development investments.

This accomplishment is historic as typically HBCUs were always overlooked and pushed aside, they didn’t get the respect an funding needed to help disenfranchised young Americans from attaining a good education because the facilities are need of REAL funding.
Will this change your mind? Probably not, but it’s meant to illustrate a promise made and kept, resulting in a Bi-partisan bill. Any notion that the President is a racist is blatantly false and should show that he is a President looking to break the political road blocks to get policy and legislation done.
As you, I and we know, the Executive isn’t a dictatorship, thus we have to work within the system. This is Trump, whatever it takes. If anything, this should convince you, to ability to break political road blocks and introduce Change.

Source: www.blackenterprise.com...

Sorry to break it to you but THAT IS A LIE. Here it directly from an HBCU President . They have been screaming that what President Trump is saying is a lie.

The portion starts at the 6:30mark of the video

edit on 1-10-2020 by walkinghomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

source the fact that republicans are calling out neocons like mcstain and romnuts along with the bush as neocons.

That's not a source. That's you saying so.

Also, using childish "nicknames" does not lend any credibility or respectability to your argument.

Got anything else?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Well , for one thing , He Fired this as of Now Unconfirmed Seditionist from the Head of the F.B.I. who Will Soon be Living in a Prison Cell .

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The fact so many people don't have a clue about what Trump has achieved just shows how much the MSM avoids saying anything good about Trump. As I was researching these accomplishments I found mountains of MSM articles explaining why none of these things are good. According to them, none of the economic growth under Trump was a good thing and it didn't really help anybody. Even when researching the Right to Try Act, most of the news articles are like "it doesn't really help that many people". At least Trump actually did something to help people without any shred of hope and unlike Biden didn't claim he will cure cancer if elected.

Tax Cuts and Jobs Act

Following Trump’s regulatory overhaul and passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, employment openings exceeded the number of people unemployed for the first time on records going back to 2000.

Astoundingly, that remained the case for 24 consecutive months — until the pandemic — with over 1 million more job openings than people unemployed for 17 of those months.

This unprecedented competition for workers had extremely positive consequences. It lowered the unemployment rate, which consistently hit 50-year lows, and as a result, employers began competing for workers and raising wages.

In August 2018, year-over-year wage growth exceeded 3 percent for the first time in nearly a decade and stayed at or above 3 percent for 20 consecutive months until the pandemic.

Unpacking Joe Biden’s lies about the Trump job-creation miracle

Record Low Unemployment Levels

If Trump is actually racist, as biased mainstream media “journalists” often claim, he’s remarkably bad at it, because people of color have thrived under the pro-growth policies of the Trump Boom. Black joblessness in 2018 reached the lowest levels ever recorded. For Hispanics, in history there have been a total of 14 months with a jobless rate under 5 percent -- and 13 of those months have unfolded under the leadership of President Trump. Small business dynamism is particularly crucial for minority advancement, and small business surveys report optimism among entrepreneurs at record highs in 2018.

Trump's Top 10 Achievements of 2018

Increased Middle-class and Minority Wages

President Trump allocated more funding to historically black colleges and universities than any other president.
The poverty rate for black and Hispanic Americans dropped to an all-time low in 2018.
Blue-collar workers enjoyed three times the wage growth of the top one percent of households.
Median household income reached $65,666 in 2019, the highest level on record.
From his first month in office, President Trump presided over the largest manufacturing boom in a first term since the 1970s.

50 Things They Don’t Want You to Know About Trump

Peace Agreement with North Korea

US President Donald Trump says his historic talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un that ended in a joint agreement were "tremendous".

The signed document includes a pledge from Mr Kim to rid the Korean peninsula of nuclear weapons.

Trump Kim summit: US president hails deal after historic talks

Securing Peace in the Middle East

Four Australian law professors are nominating President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for his administration’s work toward securing peace in the Middle East.

The president has received two other nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize for similar reasons. His latest nomination comes after he announced a “historic” peace deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and another between Israel and Bahrain.

Trump Gets Another Nod For Nobel Peace Prize: ‘Trump Doctrine’ In Middle East Is ‘Something Extraordinary’

Ridding Syria and Iraq of ISIS

The Islamic State faced final territorial defeat on Saturday as the U.S.-backed Syrian force battling the jihadists said it was closing in on their last bastion near the Iraqi border, capping years-long efforts to roll back the group.

"We expect it to be over soon," Mustafa Bali, a spokesman for the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) told Reuters.

ISIS on the brink of defeat in Syria as U.S.-backed forces launch final attack

edit on 1/10/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Continued ...

Negotiated Better Trade Deals

- Finalized a revised trade agreement with South Korea, which includes provisions to increase American automobile exports.
- Negotiated an historic U.S.-Mexico-Canada Trade Agreement to replace NAFTA.
- Agreement to begin trade negotiations for a U.S.-Japan trade agreement.
- Secured $250 billion in new trade and investment deals in China and $12 billion in Vietnam.
- Established a Trade and Investment Working Group with the United Kingdom, laying the groundwork for post-Brexit trade.
- Confronting China’s unfair trade practices after years of Washington looking the other way.
- Withdrew from the job-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).

Trump’s list: 289 accomplishments in just 20 months, ‘relentless’ promise-keeping

Legalized Commercial Hemp

President Trump legalized the cultivation of industrial hemp Thursday when he signed a widespread, bipartisan farm bill aimed at boosting the agriculture industry.

The fiber of hemp, a non-intoxicating derivative of the cannabis plant, is used to make a variety of products, such as cardboard, carpets, clothes, paper and more.

Trump officially legalizes industrial hemp

Signed Right to Try Act

On May 30, 2018, President Donald Trump signed S.204, the Trickett Wendler, Frank Mongiello, Jordan McLinn and Matthew Bellina Right to Try Act. Right to Try opens a new pathway for terminally ill patients who have exhausted their government-approved options and can’t get into a clinical trial to access treatments. Although 41 states have passed Right to Try laws, the signing of S.204 makes Right to Try the law of the land, creating a uniform system for terminal patients seeking access to investigational treatments.

Federal Right to Try: Questions and Answers

Donated Presidential Salary

He promised last year that he would refuse to take a salary as president, too.

During a campaign appearance in Rochester, New Hampshire, last October, the billionaire told a crowd he would not be accepting the $400,000 annual salary if he became president.

“The first thing I’m going to do is tell you that if I’m elected president, I’m accepting no salary, OK?” Trump said. “That’s not a big deal for me.”

Donald Trump on refusing presidential salary: "I'm not taking it"

Restrictions on Lobbying

President Donald Trump acted Saturday to fulfill a key portion of his pledge to "drain the swamp" in Washington, banning administration officials from ever lobbying the U.S. on behalf of a foreign government and imposing a separate five-year ban on other lobbying.

Trump has said individuals who want to aid him in his quest to "Make America Great Again" should focus on the jobs they will be doing to help the American people, not thinking ahead to the future income they could rake in by peddling their influence after serving in government.

Trump imposes lifetime ban on some lobbying, five years for others

Space Policy Directive 1

President Donald Trump is sending astronauts back to the Moon.

The president Monday signed at the White House Space Policy Directive 1, a change in national space policy that provides for a U.S.-led, integrated program with private sector partners for a human return to the Moon, followed by missions to Mars and beyond.

The policy calls for the NASA administrator to “lead an innovative and sustainable program of exploration with commercial and international partners to enable human expansion across the solar system and to bring back to Earth new knowledge and opportunities.” The effort will more effectively organize government, private industry, and international efforts toward returning humans on the Moon, and will lay the foundation that will eventually enable human exploration of Mars.

New Space Policy Directive Calls for Human Expansion Across Solar System

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
No crickets or church bells in this thread, unlike the threads where the left have been given plenty of opportunities to calmy state their cases.
Funny that 🤔

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Not from the US or a fan of Trump, Biden Republicans or Democrats (UK liberal, which translated to US Libertarian).

The biggest thing he's done is no new wars. He's the first President in my life that has done this. The US did play a minor role in a couple of military coups/regime change in South America in Bolivia and Venuzeula but so did nearly every country in the West and most South American countries.

The majority of troops in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan are training up the local government, police army rather than a combat role. It's a big change from the US's previous policy of bringing troops home too early which creates power vacuums, failed states and led to groups like Al Qu'eda and ISIS controlling much of the region. While he made a complete screw up in Syria by abandonning all allies, he reversed the policy within a week after US troops there rightfully expressed how awful a decision it was.

www.businessinsider.com...
www.nato.int...
www.defense.gov...

Speaking of ISIS, the US played a significant role in them being mostly defeated. Russia and the US co-operated in Syria in order to wipe them out there which would have been unthinkable and a major WW3/Nuclear Holocaust risk just a few years back. There have been a few clashes between US and Russian troops but there's not even been a hint of tensions ramping up.

eng.globalaffairs.ru...

The Kurds played the biggest role in killing Baghdadi and the UK intercepted the comms that identified wherehe was staying via a spyplane but it was mainly US troops in the kill or capture mission.

www.bbc.co.uk...

While NK have abandonned ceasing missile tests, Trump does deserve major credit for the improved relations between NK and SK. The two countries have gone from constant brink of war, likely epicentre of ww3 to starting to remove the DMZ zone.

Trump walking through the DMZ zone must have taken absolute balls of steel due to such a high risk of assasination. I can't imagine any other politician having the courage to do that in the US or UK, the only other world leader that would do it is Putin. Given how self-centred and selfish he usually is I can't see him having placed himself at such high risk unlesshe genuinely, strongly believes in world peace

www.lowyinstitute.org...

edit on 2-10-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Pissed off liberals. Sources? Every single cover story of CNN the past 3 years.

Hmmm... seems like ad populum.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

and if you need sources, it seems to me that you haven't been paying attention to what he has done, while only listening to claims of what he hasn't or what he supposedly did, which has always comes out that he didn't.

.... um... what?

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Trump walking through the DMZ zone must have taken absolute balls of steel due to such a high risk of assasination. I can't imagine any other politician having the courage to do that in the US or UK, the only other world leader that would do it is Putin. Given how self-centred and selfish he usually is I can't see him having placed himself at such high risk unlesshe genuinely, strongly believes in world peace

www.lowyinstitute.org...

I'll confess to having the same thought - the man must have had absolute stones to walk across that line. Was genuinely concerned he would be assassinated. This was an overall great response and thank you for the links.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: chris_stibrany

America has no right to police the world and go on a campaign of conquer over resources.

When it brings terrorism to home soil then yes, we do have a right to retaliate. Who was behind the terrorism though is always murky.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join