It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Internal Markets Bill Passed in House of parliament

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

sorry which nation ? there are 4

so you are totally cool with the tories breaking the law ?

United Kingdom. Who's law.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

the law doesnt come secondary to anything no man is above the law
the government is instituted among men to protect individual rights and to uphold the law
the politicians swore into parliament and to uphold the rule of democracy and the rule of law
and they have failed us on this occasion

YEA right... NOT

ETA : The UK Gvt has failed on so many ways mate...

Personally I AM SCREWED as a Brit in France for over 30 years....more #ing stupid paperwork and red tape #. .

Screw the UK gvt deeply as they have screwed us for the past 50 or whatever years.

Kindest respects as an ex service man for HM the queen that screwed us over too.

Angrily yours

Lags
Your choice to live in France as it is mine to live where I live in Spain but if I have to return I shall! Are you a Brit or a Frog. Your a Brit and because of that France will penalise you because they don't really give a rats ass about none natives, lets be honest.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

the UK is not one Nation but 4 devolved nations in a union

the law upheld by governments on an international level

the majority of the tories opposed the bill but cus their bastards they didnt vote and abstained

5 ex prime ministers also said it was a mockery brought about by a man who doesnt even understand his own words

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Personally not a fan of the Internal Market Bill simply because i don't see how you can start a shiny new beginning with new relations and trade deals by breaking international law.

Having said that, the bill really came about because of EU threats over internal borders for Northern Ireland. It should be noted that whilst the EU was posturing regarding this matter, Foreign and Trade Secretaries for nations within the EU were asking the EU to scale back the rhetoric there - as they believed the UK wouldn't have any choice but to respond with such a bill.

So the reality is that both sides are responsible for this situation. The UK shouldn't have implemented the bill but the EU shouldn't have backed the governement into a corner were they don't have much alternative. Ultimately, the EU represent their individual nations - they should listen to them.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

are both sides really responsible , was it the EU who asked britian to leave ?
did the rest of the EU vote them out ?
naw it was the british government in westminster who lied repeatedly to the people of britain to get them to vote to leave and of course that arse piece farage who was spouting his #e in the EU
then ultimately the only people responsible are the voters who voted for this #e

the EU arent to blame at all

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I think being British is a load of #e

Tell that to ALL those from other nations that are risking their lives to come here,

Bypassing many other countries because they don't want to live in other countries

They want to live here in the UK.........

Tell THEM Britain is a load of #### ....... they won't believe you, they risk

everything to get to the UK. /SMH It can hardly be that bad!!

edit on 30-9-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

5 ex prime ministers also said it was a mockery brought about by a man who doesnt even understand his own words

Ex Prime Ministers have NO relevance ......thats why they are ex

They didn't get revoted in........makes them irrelevant.

This particular government got elected to do what the majority of the

British public wanted.

He too will be another ex if he doesnt come up with the goods !!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It's not over until the fat lady sings. The Bill still needs to get through the House of Lords and it's looking like it may be a major roadblock.

The Internal Market Bill cleared its final stage in the House of Commons on Tuesday by 340 votes to 256. It will now move to the House of Lords, where Johnson’s Conservative Party doesn’t have a majority. Ministers expect the bill to be savaged there, according to people familiar with the matter.

The nuclear option would be for Johnson’s opponents in the House of Lords to reject the bill entirely -- voting it down at the first opportunity during the “second reading” stage. That is viewed as unlikely but not impossible by government officials.

The prime minister’s team expect the Lords to re-write or strip out the most contentious sections relating to trade in Northern Ireland, which ministers have conceded would breach international law.

Source: Bloomberg

The Withdrawl Agreement was paraded by Johnson as leverage during his election campaign. It is an International Treaty and its contents was agreed upon by both parties. Johnson can't suddenly feign surprise and feed fear and anxiety to the general public as an excuse to break an international Treaty. It's a death sentence for the government's trustworthiness in the eyes of the world. Johnson & Co. knew exactly what it entailed and precisely what was Cumming... I think they know their hand is weaker and this is just a desperate attempt at a bluff, albeit, a very dangerous and costly one should certain parts of the Bill be confirmed and enacted.

edit on 30-9-2020 by Encia22 because: Just tinkering

top topics

<< 1   >>

join