It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles Calls for Marshall-type Plan to Curb Climate Change

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I wonder how many air miles he has clocked up this past few years in private jets?

I don't think the monarchy is going to last much longer in the UK anyway, people are walking up.
edit on 22-9-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

By last long what do you mean?

Can hardly attempt an overthrow of the worlds largest private land owner and commander in chief of the British Military.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

As I said earlier; I understand that some people might not like Charles and what he represents.
I understand that some people may disagree with his views on climate change.

But this was just blatant misrepresentation.

If someone starts a thread on Charles and his role in The Royals etc and I'll gladly contribute.
If someone starts a thread on Charles and hs views on climate change then I'd possible contribute.

This thread should be trashed......and would have been up to not so long ago.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

This thread should be trashed......and would have been up to not so long ago.

You're right about that. I remember when it didn't take much for a thread
to get gonged. And ATS wonders why it's going in the toilet?
edit on 22-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

By last long what do you mean?

Can hardly attempt an overthrow of the worlds largest private land owner and commander in chief of the British Military.

As in I think the monarchy is a dying breed, and Charles will step down but the family will remain (semi) prominent.
edit on 22-9-2020 by FinallyAwake because: Edit

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Here's a taste of Prince (hypocrite) Charles' air miles from last year.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

They might take a step back from public life but i doubt they will be turning Buckinham Palace or Windsor Castle into homeless shelters anytime soon.

Prince Charles bleating on about carbon footprints after spending over 1 million on air travel last year alone, travelling between his 600 bedroom homes is laughable.

edit on 22/9/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Not many understand exactly where Charles is coming from -

Prince Charles of Arabia

.....The future Charles III has made several strong public statements endorsing Islam as the solution to the spiritual and cultural ills of Britain and the West. His public advocacy of Islam appears to go back to 1989, when Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini issued an edict (fatwa) against Salman Rushdie, a British citizen, for blaspheming the Prophet Muhammad in his novel The Satanic Verses.6 Rather than defend Rushdie's freedom of speech, Charles reacted to the death decree by reflecting on the positive features that Islam has to offer the spiritually empty lives of his countrymen.

Charles first delivered a major address on Islam on October 27, 1993, at the Sheldonian Theatre at Oxford where he is a vice patron of the Centre for Islamic Studies.7 He declared that the usual attitude to Islam

suffers because the way we understand it has been hijacked by the extreme and the superficial. To many of us in the West, Islam is seen in terms of the tragic civil war in Lebanon, the killings and bombings perpetrated by extremist groups in the Middle East, and by what is commonly referred to as "Islamic fundamentalism."
The Prince of Wales then explained the causes for this distorted understanding:

Our judgement of Islam has been grossly distorted by taking the extremes to the norm. . . . For example, people in this country frequently argue that the Sharia law of the Islamic world is cruel, barbaric and unjust. Our newspapers, above all, love to peddle those unthinking prejudices. The truth is, of course, different and always more complex. My own understanding is that extremes, like the cutting off of hands, are rarely practised. The guiding principle and spirit of Islamic law, taken straight from the Qur'an, should be those of equity and compassion.

Charles considers Christianity inadequate to the task of spiritual restoration and denigrates science for having caused the West to lose its spiritual moorings. Echoing a common Muslim theme, he declares that "Western civilisation has become increasingly acquisitive and exploitive in defiance of our environmental responsibilities." Instead, he praises the "Islamic revival" of the 1980s and portrays Islam as Britain's salvation:

Islam can teach us today a way of understanding and living in the world which Christianity itself is poorer for having lost. At the heart of Islam is its preservation of an integral view of the Universe. Islam-like Buddhism and Hinduism-refuses to separate man and nature, religion and science, mind and matter, and has preserved a metaphysical and unified view of ourselves and the world around us. . . . But the West gradually lost this integrated vision of the world with Copernicus and Descartes and the coming of the scientific revolution. A comprehensive philosophy of nature is no longer part of our everyday beliefs....

Prince Charles you say .......

Should Charles persist in his admiration of Islam and defamation of his own culture, it could be, as The Independent puts it, that his accession to the throne will indeed usher in a "different kind of monarchy."

edit on 9222020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Yes I have just read that it is f.u.c.k.i.n.g disgusting. They preach on at us while they are the real problem.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

The article you quoted from is from 1997.
Even if it is accurate - which is very debatable - I would expect Charles's viewpoint has changed somewhat given events that have transpired since.

Does anyone really think an article published over 23 years ago - an article riddled with unsubstantiated opinions and inaccuracies - is still relevant today bearing in mind how the world has changed since then?

If Charles does succeed his mother I suspect he'll have a hard time maintaining the monarchy in it's current role.
He may be well intentioned, but he's viewed as something of an anachronism and even a bit of a crank.

Anyone who denies the validity of some of the points he makes in the video is reminiscent of Canute and his stance against the tide.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Wow, I didn't realise this. Very very concerning 😕

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

They might take a step back from public life but i doubt they will be turning Buckinham Palace or Windsor Castle into homeless shelters anytime soon.

Prince Charles bleating on about carbon footprints after spending over 1 million on air travel last year alone, travelling between his 600 bedroom homes is laughable.

Yeah I make you right. 👍🏼

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
When he gets home him mum will smack his bum!

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The years roll by but the mantra remains the same

Flashback 2010
'Follow the Islamic way to save the world,' Prince Charles urges environmentalists

....Prince Charles yesterday urged the world to follow Islamic 'spiritual principles' in order to protect the environment.

In an hour-long speech, the heir to the throne argued that man's destruction of the world was contrary to the scriptures of all religions - but particularly those of Islam.

He said the current 'division' between man and nature had been caused not just by industrialisation, but also by our attitude to the environment - which goes against the grain of 'sacred traditions'....

If you can't see the connection well..... maybe you don't want to

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Because after Trump wins, he won't have to pander to the Democrats that have jumped on the Trump train, after seeing the Democrats act like Traitors.

After he wins, the swamp will be put in the ground and the other half Jail so us Americans will be free again to live our lives without half of the crap we have to hear about today.

Nobody is going to come here and force or try to convince the President or the US people to join any BS environmental pact lol, not while Trump is President. I'm pretty sure most people by now have linked all that crap to Agenda 21.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I don't know where you live or how well you know the UK and its people.

Charles is viewed as something of an idiot and isn't partuclarly liked or even repsected.

The article you first linked to was from 1997.
This one is from 10 years ago and was a speech tailored for The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, its bound to have some sort of Islamic slant on things.
He's not advocating Sharia or Islam supplanting Christianity - that will never happen, there's simply far too many non-Muslims who would literally fight to the death to prevent that.
He's talking about the spiritual aspect of Islam - I'm assuming you understand the notion of spirituality - and our increasing detachment from the environment that surrounds us.

Now do you disagree with that?
Do you disagree with idea that we are no longer as 'spiritual' as we once were or that we are no longer as connected with the environment as we used to be?

Those are the points he's trying to make albeit in a somewhat pompous, self-righteous sort of way.

Seems to me some people are just intent on twisting and manipulating things to suit their own preconceived and locked in opinions.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They need to put "Old Sausage Fingers" back into his crate.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Does the prince have any real power in the u.k.?

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well since covid the temps have gone up.
We need more global dimming.
Get those planes in the air and start driving more before the apocalypse.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yep - climate police, covid19 police, and your power shut off if you 'emitted too many greenhouse gasses'
Permission to visit the latrine, must be wearing appropriate PPE and sign the log.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join