It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Dodo really dead?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

Mutton and lamb have distinctly different flavor qualities. The older a sheep gets, the stronger it's gamey flavor gets. Mutton is old lamb or sheep.

My grandfather used to raise sheep, and most lamb you get at market is sent off to slaughter very young, barely weaned. My grandfather would keep his until it was at least 6 months old. Not only were the meat cuts larger, but there was a stronger flavor too, not much but noticeable.

If they called dodo mutton, then it must have had a noticeable strong gamey taste.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

It's also possible that if dodos could be farmed then the tough nature of their meat might be changed. Living wild toughens a critter as does age.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
i Won't dispute that.

Most of our cultivated plants are highly toxic in nature.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack
a reply to: BlueJacket

No, supposedly tastes like mutton, which is sheep I believe? Correct me if I am wrong. My fav bird to date is quail, been many years since I had one since I do not hunt anymore but, magnificent! Did have lamb on a gyro today though, man I love those lol

Funny you mentioned quail!! I raise quail. You are indeed correct in your opinion, the eggs are amazing too.
edit on 20-9-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I want to believe and the footage is pretty interesting (I remember it making the rounds a while back). On the flipside, I also have trouble believing that a large, flightless bird lives on this one single tiny island and no one has ever produced verifiable proof. No dead body, no feathers or DNA samples, no clear photo or video footage. I mean this ain't the Amazon jungle we're talking about here. It's a small, apparently touristy island and from looking at the pictures of it, there doesn't seem to be a lot of place that a colony of dodo birds could hide from residents and tourists for all these centuries?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
But it plays with the narrative bad white human men destroy stuff with sticks! Why would you try and take that away?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Go to any pond/marsh and find me the body of a dead bird. Can’t? Ok. They don’t last more than a day or so, nature will totally consume it.

a reply to: Charizard

edit on 21-9-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

The difference is, even if you have trouble finding a body of a known species, we still know it exists. You're extremely unlikely to ever find a bear carcass in the woods, but you won't have any trouble finding a living bear. We have proof of animals that only live in the deepest, darkest, most primitive and isolated jungles on the planet. Why don't we have proof of giant land birds living on a tiny inhabited island that's also a tourist destination? It's not like they can go anywhere.

I'd love for the dodo to be found alive again. But I just can't believe such a creature could go undetected for centuries on a small island. But hey, I hope I'm proven wrong some day.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

just couldn't resist,

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is all this based on a little footage of some birds from a distance? Bit of a leap isn't it?

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Bears also find our food and eat it, they aren’t all too afraid of people. How long did mountain gorillas go without being seen, or a corpse? Proof they don’t exist? We know better now...

Also, wouldn’t this footage be the “detection” you required? You’ve done little to disprove the footage, by saying you don’t think the subject exists because of a lack of proof, so this proof must not be valid? Seems like there’s a flaw...

a reply to: Charizard

edit on 24-9-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but extinction is just a rumor.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join