It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Two year old dies after being left alone 33 hours.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
chicken wings? a 5 gallon bucket?

My guess is the authorities should keep an eye on YOU.

Ignoramus.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
well if she didn't have money for a babysitter what else is she gonna do. she has the free will to leave the kid alone. of course there are consequences to her actions.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
chicken wings? a 5 gallon bucket?

My guess is the authorities should keep an eye on YOU.

Ignoramus.

So true! You really never know who are associating yourself with on the net!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i would never leave my children unattended. that is insane to do that and irresponsible. another reason i would not leave my children unattended is because i do not have any.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i am a very nice person who works in child services. the point is that she had some options if she chose to leave her kid alone.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
And I guess it's goodbye for him

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
"scratches his head as a tear rolls down his face". WTF is wrong with people these days???? Why do we try to be decent moral parents if this is where the world is leading us too. People who arent selfish should have children and all you self starving emotional basket cases out thier should be either nuetered are tied closed!!!!

Just my thoughts....disgusted

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i have to agree on the fact that these types of stories seem to becomeing more and more common. is this just a case of more media attention, babies left in cars left at home alone ect? it is very disquieting to think about. heck i work in an auto shop i once went to bring in a car and found an old lady asleep inside. when i got ahold of the owner to take her out of the car the reply was" just let her sleep". after a few minutes af argueing i finaly asked the custumer how he would feel if while the car was up on the hoist the lady woke up and stepped out. finaly i could see realization apear on his face. "oh i never thought about that". this non thinking seems to becomeing more comonplace all the time people don't think. when something happens they sue. another case a lady was inside past the shop paying for the service to her vehicle her 5 year old sone was left alone outside playing. of course like all five yearolds he decided that climbing on some equipment would be fun afterall he probably hadn't seen something that looked so fun to play on. you guessed it he fell and got hurt. what were almost the first words out of her mouth? i'm going to sue you for haveing this dangerous thing arround your shop, he could have been killed. in my opinion she should have been arrested for negect. how many lawsuits on behalf of injured children are because the adult or care giver wer't watching out for thir childre's wefare? the first question that should be asked of a parrent whoes child has been injured, should be where were you? what were you doing? our society seems to be heading more and more into "it must be someone elses fault". here are 2 cases where justice was not served.
lady in an antique shop trips over a toddler and wins lawsuit against store owners. it was HER child.
boy bitten by a dog succesfuly wins lawsuit against dog owners and if i remember correctly dog had to be put down. why did the dog bite the boy? and yes the dog was in his own yard and tied up. the child had been shooting the dog with a pellit gun gee i wonder why he got bit.
this is all it's not my fault society we are in. do you realize that if someone breaks into your house trips on you carpet, breaks his leg , he can sue?
there are cases wher the driver that caused an accident sues the other driver for injuries. for what getting in the way?
this is the same thing why should i go to jail i did not THINK anything would happen after all he was in a crib and couldn't get out.
what our societys need to do is to bring back common sense. after all 33 hours alone with no food water or anyone to check up on the poor child? how could you possibly think you will not retun home to a dead child? as far as i'm concerned unless there were circumstances beond her controll like she was unconcios in a hospital or kidnapped they should throw the book at her. even so why was the child alone in the first place. what we need is a common sense revolution. court cases should be looked at in such a way as to discover the root cause and in the case of things like bad lawsuits charge parrents who are indifferant to children. and be reasonable like gee mr. x why were you in the house how can you expect to get money when you should not have been in that house in the first place. just imagine how our insurance rates will drp if common sense breaks out? how many children will live to have children of thier own?
how can we honestly expect a mother to look after her children if they get a light sentance? this lady killed her child plain and simple. why should she not pay for her CRIME?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
my daughter is 4, I can't get the image of this poor child struggling out of my mind......

I don't think human behaviour has changed much, its the information and media saturation we are exposed to that has. Its our own fault. If we tuned out sensationalism and scandal, and watched c-span and legitimate journalism, the outlets would respond in kind, so they could keep the advertising dollars coming in. No evil agenda here except ratings, imo.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think information comes to us about certain things all at once. I remember for about three years it was sharks. Now its kids being abused in the most horrible ways. What next? Grandmas get beaten?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Why such a light sentence......drug dealers get more time that that! This is in essence...murder...I don't get the judicial system at all! I like the cutting off her feet solution!

Why a light sentence, indeed.

The answer requires a look at the liberal mindset, which tries to turn the criminal into a victim because liberals somehow begin to feel sorry for what that person must now go through as a result of the crime they have committed - never mind what the real victims had to go through because, I guess, it's too late to feel sorry for them. This apparantly happened in Toronto, a very liberal part of Canada.

Here in the U.S., I'm sure liberals are already starting to feel sorry for poor Scott Peterson, who received the death penalty today for murdering his wife and unborn son just so he could pursue an affair with a bimbo.

[edit on 3/16/2005 by centurion1211]

[edit on 3/16/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cafeman
Perhaps cutting off her feet would eliminate the problem! Sad but true...she wants to dance too much to have kids! I'm a single father of (3) so I can't understand this type of activity from any parent .

I have to agree. This woman should not be allowed to have more children to kill. She should have thought before shaking her backside about that infants care. Babysitters are always an option. Family members, friends, and even strangers would have been better that leaving it all alone. And lets not forget adoption. If she did not want this baby...she HAD choices.
The more I hear about such things the more I wanna just hurt somebody.
She should be locked in a cage and left for days without water, then just as she has death in sight be brought back just to do it all over again. Oh and her feet chopped off too!!! I liked that one.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I think information comes to us about certain things all at once. I remember for about three years it was sharks. Now its kids being abused in the most horrible ways.

Look to the new legislation and laws being crafted - this kind of information saturation is manipulative, and happens for a purose. The purpose usually is to pave the psychological way for new laws, and softenup the public to accept them.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is horrible and at the risk of sounding complacent, let me say, I'd lke to hear more about the circumstances. I'd like to know many things. Was this mother just a total failure, or did she have it together in some areas? Did she work, did she love this child, did she have a man in her life who could have been compliscent in this time away. Age, education, background, and yes, ethnicity. She certainly wasn't dancing for 33 hours. What was she doing? Ihope she isn't just the worthless bit-- she seems to be, at first glance.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I see where you are coming from kazi, but she didn't get a babysitter, didn't call to have someone go check on her baby, she just partied and expected to get away with it.
having a 4 year old, knowing how much help a 2 year old needs to get through the day, there are no mitigating circumstances on planet earth as to why she never called anyone to go check on the baby or get a babysitter. That assumes she wasn't kidnapped or abducted.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
This is horrible and at the risk of sounding complacent, let me say, I'd lke to hear more about the circumstances. I'd like to know many things. Was this mother just a total failure, or did she have it together in some areas? Did she work, did she love this child, did she have a man in her life who could have been compliscent in this time away. Age, education, background, and yes, ethnicity. She certainly wasn't dancing for 33 hours. What was she doing? Ihope she isn't just the worthless bit-- she seems to be, at first glance.

Apparently the father of the child split up with the mother not too long ago. He didnt bother arguing for custody becasue he felt the mother was good enough to take care of the child herself.
As for your question on what she was doing the 33 hours she was away; dancing the night away and then staying at a friends house becasue she supposedly lost her purse which had the keys to the apartment. The accused also said she hired some babysitter named "Kelly" to look after the baby, but these stories are said to be lies and a coverup. Supposedly the only records of her hiring a babysitter are on the cell phone that she lost. coincidence??...i dunno.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
12 years would be too light a sentence imho....
At the very least, the woman should be sterilized so as to never have a kid again...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
if you lose your purse break the door down !!!! call the cops, paramedics, fire dept, anyone !!! your baby is in there ! ok, maybe this kelly let her down, but it seems like BS.....

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
As for your question on what she was doing the 33 hours she was away; dancing the night away and then staying at a friends house becasue she supposedly lost her purse which had the keys to the apartment.

Did she seriously think she may get away with it with that lie- did she not try and get through a window or break down the door.
There are so many things wrong with that whole story, and over the past couple of years there has been alot more child neglect resulting in death stories around.
Im not a mother myself- but it breaks my heart when i hear about things like this- pure and simple neglect.
What an evil woman.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
srynixhighpriest, ludacrus, It's kinda hard to give someone any benefit of the doubt when they don't deserve it. I guess she don't, I was just hoping. I've done things as a parent I'm not proud of, but this is something that makes me look like I knew what I was doing as a parent.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join