It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now hear this, Vitamin D study stunning results

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
A trial on COVID patients admitted to a hospital in Spain, given a form of activated vitamin D activated means the blood levels go up immediately as opposed to taking the supplement which can take a week to get the same levels. Of the patients taking the drug only 2% went to ICU and none died. Of those taking the same treatment without the Vitamin D about 50% went to ICU and two died . The care must be good as its usually far more.
edit on 6-9-2020 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
A trial on COVID patients admitted to a hospital in Spain, given a form of activated vitamin D activated means the blood levels go up immediately as opposed to taking the supplement which can take a week to get the same levels. Of the patients taking the drug only 2% went to ICU and none died. Of those taking the same treatment without the Vitamin D about 50% went to ICU and two died . The care must be good as its usually far more.

The pleomorphic bacteria behind this eats Vitamin D as a fuel....depletes it.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Interesting, if it does what it says on the tin.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yeah, wife and I am popping 5,000 IU of D daily just in case

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yeah, wife and I am popping 5,000 IU of D daily just in case

If you eat meat regularly or get outside regularly then you neednt worry to much......if you feel under the weather then go for it if your Dr says its ok.......keeping in mind that if you are sick but arent showing symptoms yet and only add Vitamin D you could mask symptomology normally used for earlier diagnosis.....the idea is to first kill the bug that is stealing your Vitamin D that is insitu and then ASAP replace that VitaminD.

edit on 6-9-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You MUST take vitamin K2 supplements if you're regularly taking D. (D3)
You don't need that much K2. Genetics professor and nutrition expert Rhonda Patrick only takes small doses a couple times a week. I got the brand she uses on sale for about $8.00 U.S.
Supplements

More Info
edit on 6-9-2020 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
You MUST take vitamin K2 supplements if you're regularly taking D. (D3)
You don't need that much K2. Genetics professor and nutrition expert Rhonda Patrick only takes small doses a couple times a week. I got the brand she uses on sale for about $8.00 U.S.
Supplements

More Info

One of the biggest problems with covid that leads to death is clotting. I will take a chance on not taking K2 with vitamin d for the time being.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Not quite. If you live at the equator maybe you can go outside 15 minutes to get enough sun for vitD, but not as far north as I am in Iowa. Im not even sure eating meat is enough because im not sure there is all that much meat in meat these days given the pink slime situation. Also i found its often injected with saline. If you are going to take a vitamin d supp in any case, i would get it in liposomal form. I take Dr Mercolas from fresh thyme store but any reputable brand should be good.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I thought that advice was only for white people

Vitamin D being racist in blacks, especially farther away from the equator, Means more blacks arelikely Vitamin D deficient, and should supplement more

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Not quite. If you live at the equator maybe you can go outside 15 minutes to get enough sun for vitD, but not as far north as I am in Iowa. Im not even sure eating meat is enough because im not sure there is all that much meat in meat these days given the pink slime situation. Also i found its often injected with saline. If you are going to take a vitamin d supp in any case, i would get it in liposomal form. I take Dr Mercolas from fresh thyme store but any reputable brand should be good.

The human body is able to produce as much as 10,000 IU to 20,000 IU of vitamin D3 in just 30 minutes

You only need to do that 3 times a week.

If you can't spend 1 1/2 hours outside under the sun in a week then your problem is much more toxic then a mere vitamin D deficiency.

It is poor lifestyle choices.

~shrug~

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

If you add Pygnogenol and NAC you could take K2 . BTW,i think reading that the FDA is going to prevent people buying NAC, at least somehow, and i believe NAC is very benefcial supplement....So they are wanting to ban everyhting that could help people on Health issues...New World Order is coming...
edit on 6-9-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Keep in mind that this is not the vitamin D3 that you can buy at the store, which is Cholecalciferol. The casual observation made in this study was with Calcifediol or 25-hydroxyvitamin D. You can only get that with a prescription.

edit on 6 9 2020 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And if you take too much Cholecalciferol, it will give you kidney stones at the very least.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Not a simple as just going outside - - depends on angle of sun for UVB rays and amount of skin exposed and colour of the skin.

As well of age of the person.

Also remember that a lot of places with high amounts of sunshine have a culture of covering their skin to avoid tanning.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Yes but if you are taking the Vitamin D 3 it gets procesed into it in the body. After the liver and kidneys start to do their thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Hi, I got told that I had to much vitamin D, I had a blood test for something and The Dr office called me and said that. I am near Atlanta and since we have a pool in the back yard, and I have several gardens that I tend I'm outside a lot. So I stopped taking the vit d and just take a calcium with D in it I guess I'm ok. I'll see on the next Dr visit. I will not worry about it because I'm old 71 so I don't have a lot longer to be here with the living. I'm prepared for the life with my Lord.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
That would be calcitriol, the active hormone of vitamin D. It is found in potatoes in levels that can actually cause problems if you consume too much potatoes. A less amount is found in any root veggi that can start growing without sunlight, like carrots and some others.

Calcidiol is not as active, it needs to be processed by the kidneys yet to get active.

Also, it is important to note that only if you have a deficiency of vitamin d in your body is it necessary to supplement. Too much vitamin D can lead to calcification of the soft tissue, ligaments, and organs. It can also lead to crystals building up in muscles which can be painful. Calcitriol takes a different blood test to identify than calcidiol or D2 and D3. Calcitriol supplements need a prescription, potatoes don't, But remember, there are some things that calcidiol and D3 do that Calcitriol does not do.....I do know that calcitriol is being used by kidney dialasis patients and to quickly bring up calcium levels in patients, and that it is being tried for Covid.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
No strong warning for obese. No warning to fat models like that Graham girl. Fat is not beautiful. It is deadly with this virus. Media won't go near it. It's not fat shaming either. If you are fat you need to stay inside. Never go out until you lose weight. Stop being a selfish fat person. Your chances of dying from it are very high if you are overweight. Either stay home or do something about it.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: infolurker

Keep in mind that this is not the vitamin D3 that you can buy at the store, which is Cholecalciferol. The casual observation made in this study was with Calcifediol or 25-hydroxyvitamin D. You can only get that with a prescription.

Yes, calcitriol needs a prescription.....I wonder if the doe will get kidney stones or stiff tendons from all the potatoes I feed her. I do give her carrots and apples too, and also some homemade organic whole wheat bread sometimes. She likes butter on the bread, but I doubt if that is good for her, but the fawn is getting big very quickly and is healthy as hell.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Thanks for this, and to the poster about the K2 👍🏼

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join