It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alien tech in star wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I was watching star wars one day and i was thinking can we be witnessing alien tech and not be knowing it? I think this movie is produced by aliens that are trying to let us know of their history and tech

Now before you guys start criticising (sorry for spelling) me i do know that it is a movie and my theorie is probably not real or it is just out there but you never know

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
How do you mean? Everything in Star Wars is very classic... Instead of drawing parallels to aliens, you can draw TONS of parallels to WW2 and various other earth techs.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
True, the concept artist for the look of Star Wars (Ralph McQuarrey or something similar) took inspiration from many sources, the X Wing was designed from looking at WWII fighters, while the Millenium Falcon was based on a hamburger! Chewbacca was based on Lucas' dog, and many other ships were made simply from smashed up models that were then all put together to form something new... Lucas wanted a universe that looked lived and worked in, not pristine and new, and that's why there's carbon scoring on ships, rust spots, etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You can tell me alot like, the Matrix is real or Spiderman exist, but Star Wars made by aliens is out there, the actors have all done interviews and there is a lot of behind the scenes material...

Man, Gotta love the X-wing, I want one...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
though that is highly unlikely it is fun to dream

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I always thought Lucas was an alien to come up with a story like that.

The interesting thing is the universe is so big the chances of a galaxy with star wars type civilizations are actually pretty good IMO. And I think that the way they travel through hyperspace in worm holes is also pretty common in the universe. So I guess in some ways it could be similar.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I must say it has been fun reading these responses. I myself think that the main theme, or background story, in Star Wars, is a common one throughout many films. The most common is the Lord of the Rings films. While the obvious can be stated that LOTR is not in space, the underlying theme of the 'small' or 'young' man rising up and fighting against the forces of darkness is there.

Not to mention LOTR is a trilogy, Star Wars was, until they went berserk with CGI. The last movie in each set is even called The Return of the ____.

All in all, I don't want to mislead anyone, Star War remains one of my top favorites. I also agree that with the incredible vastness of this universe, there is that chance that, out there, somewhere, there could be Wookies, Ewoks, Stormtroopers, and some sort of mentally advanced alien similar to a human that we could call a Jedi. It's fun to think about things like that.

On a side note, Gaz correct me if I am wrong, but you have a new picture? I like it.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Starwars,iv seens every movie(oldies to the episodes).Veyr good.Goarge lucas is a master and cinematic creations.His also a very creative man himself.And as for Alien tech,the majority of them are asimulated to human tech,nevertheless many of it does look quite amazing and completely new.

Besides if E.T's really did have something to doe with the movie,i doubt they would of made some aliens speak english!!!?!,I doubt they would let them speak at alll!!!!.I also doubt that many of them would look like humans and the majority of been humanoid.Thats the problem with many of these sci movies,they dont look outside the square.I mean look at star trek,brown spots on the neck of a human and he/she is an alien.

But good topic.It does make you think whether extra terrestrials did have some responsibility for iconic sci-fi movies.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackSt33L
Besides if E.T's really did have something to doe with the movie,i doubt they would of made some aliens speak english!!!?!,I doubt they would let them speak at alll!!!!.I also doubt that many of them would look like humans and the majority of been humanoid.Thats the problem with many of these sci movies,they dont look outside the square.I mean look at star trek,brown spots on the neck of a human and he/she is an alien.

Since it was technically impossible to do much else back then its no wonder most look human with a mask, heh.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
but wouldn't it be cool if the starwars tech actually exists and the creator is actually a alien in disguise trying to tell us his past

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I knew George Lucas had to be an alien! No human being could possibly own that much flannel!

Just kidding.
But it is an interesting theory.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Star Wars was and is the Fantasy world George Lucas imagined he was in growing up. What he saw and witnessed as a kid shaped what we see now in the movies and comics. He would play in his yard and in the woods as "luke".
My question is did he see strange craft and odd creatures in reality or just have a vivid imagination? We all grow up playing army, or vanquishing aliens. George just continued on with his fantasy world when he became a movie director. The technology in the movies are possible, from a certain point of view. lol
Lasers, faster than light travel, space ships and space stations, creatures from planets that need alternative means to breathe our atmosphere. All of these things in his movies are reported now in the news...Is Lucas an alien? Aren't we all.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
he must of had a big imagingation to think of some thing like starwars hmm i still think he is an alien

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Man, Gotta love the X-wing, I want one...

Yeah, but try to find a spot to park the S.O.B.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Well, it's a VTOL and much smaller than a conventional Jet Fighter

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hes no alien. In fact he stole the idea from a 1950's Japanese film, Hidden Fortress I think. In fact hollywood has very few original ideas. A lot of films are foreign remakes:
True Lies
Three men and a baby
Scent of a woman
Jungle 2 Jungle
Fathers day
Down and out in Beverley Hills
Sliding doors
and the list goes on. Producers dont come up with new ideas, they just translate someone elses!

new topics

top topics

join