It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military option on table if talks fail - India's Chief of Defense Staff on China.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Military option on the table if talks failed - CDS

India’s Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat has explicitly stated that a military option to deal with transgressions by the Chinese People’s Liberation Army in Ladakh is on the table, but will be exercised only if talks between the two armies and the diplomatic option are unfruitful.

“Defence minister Rajnath Singh, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and all those responsible for national security are reviewing all options with the objective that PLA restores status quo ante in Ladakh,”

This Increasingly looks like neither nations are willing to back down right now. India right now with the backing of the QUAD and the Five Eyes Alliance might make an attempt at dislodging China from the intrusion points. There has been massive buildup of troops and infrastructure in the last few weeks. Including 30,000 extra Mountian troops with top of the line winter gear. Lets see where 2020 takes us.
edit on 29-8-2020 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Well they had war before over stuff like this so it's not exactly abnormal for China and India to trade a few shots.

As par for the course I'd expect it to be a very limited theater of conflict and that strategic weapons will not be used.

It will be small arms low intensity with limited air and armor due to the high danger of the battle zone. Too many missile systems there and they will both likely avoid fighting outside of this small region.

EG: no naval battles or attacks on infrastructure/industry or behind enemy lines beyond a few dozen miles.
edit on 8/29/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/29/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I swear my spellcheck...
I just gotta go turn it off.

I write "missile" and it auto corrects to "kiss me" and a 1000 other unacceptable mistakes...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

you are a nice guy and all, but I'll settle for a handshake.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If India leads that charge, no doubt the US will help via proxy.

Great way to get Testing and R&D done at the expense of another Nation.

This could be a boon without the US having to lift a finger.

Imagine, the two largest Democracies taking on the Red Dragon, India can coordinate all Land Deployment, US backing up with Naval and Air support, Special Forces units embedded with Indias best.

This could result in China faltering, crumbling to the point where it collapses and India takes chinas position as a global manufacturing hub, lord knows Indias people can use it, might as well since companies are seeking to expand manufacturing away from China anyways...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

you are a nice guy and all, but I'll settle for a handshake.

Sure I'll go for a milkshake.

Hahaha
(That one's on porpoise)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I dont really see this spilling over into the South China Sea zone and that's the hottest spot on Earth with tensions and saber rattling.

This will be like a sustained border skirmish that will only revolve around that specific slice of land. If anything crazy even happens at all.

We're talking like a dozen jets or tanks.
Neither side has the balls to go all out.
It'd get nuclear immediately to stop the winner from pressing deep after the main battles were decided.

Low intensity small contained skirmishing is the worst this can feasibly get.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The whole world understands the motives of India and China. Only how it came to be is unknown in America,
The US wants to use India's military potential against its enemy, China. At the same time, the United States is preventing India from purchasing advanced Russian weapons. The paradox is that with American weapons, India will be defeated. And India, China and the United States understand this.
India clandestinely, in order to avoid US sanctions, buys Russian Su-35s for almost $ 5 billion. What is the USA to do? They are silent and pretend to support India.
There are no fools in India. They know very well what Russian weapons are and what American and European weapons are.
I stock up on popcorn)))

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

What if Russia comes to China's aid? Then N Korea? It could lead to an all out brawl.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

What if Russia comes to China's aid? Then N Korea? It could lead to an all out brawl.

This is not a Russian war. We have enough of our own problems. But lately America has been constantly losing wars, both militarily, politically and informationally.
Maybe it's time to change your strategy?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
*shrugs* both countries have serious population issues, in the past a war to thin the herd so to speak was not unusual, i could see them having a limited conflict easily.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
*shrugs* both countries have serious population issues, in the past a war to thin the herd so to speak was not unusual, i could see them having a limited conflict easily.

At least they are not considering biological warfare.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

will it bring all the boys to the yard?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

will it bring all the boys to the yard?

nah cause mine is better then yurz

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
If India leads that charge, no doubt the US will help via proxy.

Great way to get Testing and R&D done at the expense of another Nation.

This could be a boon without the US having to lift a finger.

Imagine, the two largest Democracies taking on the Red Dragon, India can coordinate all Land Deployment, US backing up with Naval and Air support, Special Forces units embedded with Indias best.

This could result in China faltering, crumbling to the point where it collapses and India takes chinas position as a global manufacturing hub, lord knows Indias people can use it, might as well since companies are seeking to expand manufacturing away from China anyways...

You sound really excited about this, but you always sound excited because you know it would be a conflict you can watch from the comfort of your home! Just lime a war movie or a game of call of duty.

And what would happen when India takes China's manufacturing jobs and American people start moaning about loss of jobs to India? Will you go Fter them too?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I Think Russia is smart enough to know it sits with a boarder to China and a lot of land China is certainly interested in, China could potentially be x4 the size of the US economy, if left to continue... pretty certain putin isn’t stupid, russia initiated relations with China and shared ideologies against the west, that is very much out dated relations, today China is the Soviet Union and Russia a less significant satellite, roles reversed etc, and so that relationship is declining however Russia remain dependant selling energy to CCP, my guess is they would play a very limited role if any

As for North Korea, they likely could become a new manufacturing hub if Kim’s sister takes over and decides to open up to the world, even Kim is weary of a rising China and the relations are actually terrible, just recently a North Korea patrol boat machine gunned down Chinese fishing vessels killing all onboard, similar tensions with Vietnam

China isn’t exactly doing itself any favours with its aggressive behaviour in the region and land grabs etc

India also has a far left problem, moodi is essentially the Trump of India, a small skirmish/conflict with CCP would give him power to wrap up a lot of India’s political problems and gain more support, perhaps even framing opposition with treason

I mean both India & China have a lot of troops to throw down, they could afford to lose a lot of troops

Like Arnie said, and I agree, the US would jump in with India as would many others I believe

I think should there be civil war in the west which was exacerbated by the CCP virus perhaps by design, CCP would go for Taiwan then disputed boarders with India knowing the west was in political turmoil from the EU-USA, at the same time developing energy infrastructure and some way to energy independence in the South China Sea

This is critical to china’s growth knowing Iran could fall and Africa is Potentially unstable, China biggest problem is Keeping up with its energy Demand As it becomes more of a consumer economy from the exports etc

Now is that critical time when CCP continues to rise or fall conflict looks increasingly likely

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Another clash between Indian and Chinese forces in Ladakh southern side of PangongTso lake ie Chushul area. Chinese forces tried changing the status quo when Indian forces moved in and blocked the attempt.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Source

Indian troops have violated the consensus reached at the multi-level talks between #India and #China and again crossed the line of actual control at the border on Monday and purposely launched provocations: PLA Western Theater Command.

Chinese are now saying Indian forces have intruded into their side...

new topics

top topics

join