It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Gerald "Jerry" Carr dies at 88

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Astronaut Gerald "Jerry" Carr has died at age 88, Carr a Marine pilot was selected as an astronaut in 1966 , He served as CapCom for the
Apollo 8 and Apollo 12 lunar missions. He worked on the lunar module development . Originally in rotation for Apollo 19 mission, which was cancelled for budget reasons He served as commander of the record setting SKYLAB 4 space station from November 1973 to February 1974, He was first rookie commander since Neil Armstrong Gemini 8.

The ranks of our space heroes grew thinner every day

Rest easy Colonel Carr, your mission is finished

edit on 28-8-2020 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

RIP
Sounds like he had an exciting and long life.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Thanks Firerescue I haven't seen this.

R.I.P. Jerry 🙏

Link 👇😔
www.nasa.gov...

Former astronaut Gerald Carr, who commanded the last Skylab mission, passed away Aug. 26, 2020 in Albany, NY.

“NASA and the nation have lost a pioneer of long duration spaceflight," said NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine. "We send our condolences to the family and loved ones of astronaut Gerald 'Jerry' Carr, whose work provided a deeper understanding of life on Earth and in space."

Edit: what is going on with ATS. The coding in the edit mode is really goofy. This in my 9th edit at least. Mixing my post around. There's a second pic i can't see in the edit 🤷‍♂️
edit on 28-8-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Edit: what is going on with ATS. The coding in the edit mode is really goofy. This in my 9th edit at least. Mixing my post around. There's a second pic i can't see in the edit 🤷‍♂️

Thanks Firerescue I haven't seen this.

R.I.P. Jerry 🙏

Link 👇😔
www.nasa.gov...

Former astronaut Gerald Carr, who commanded the last Skylab mission, passed away Aug. 26, 2020 in Albany, NY.

“NASA and the nation have lost a pioneer of long duration spaceflight," said NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine. "We send our condolences to the family and loved ones of astronaut Gerald 'Jerry' Carr, whose work provided a deeper understanding of life on Earth and in space."

edit on 28-8-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

And also the first Space Pirate !!!

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

RIP Jerry. Now you can drift among the stars.

top topics

join