It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook wants you to join the DC Riots this weekend.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Lets be real. This isn't as much about protesting as it is indoctrinating people and inciting riots. If you aren't with them you are against them. At least that's how they feel. I'm sick off all this crap any more.
Just wanted to point out what I think is politically motivated propaganda that some might not and those who make it do it. If you thought facebook was for you to share idea with friends... that idea should change.

I just came back from DC on wednesday and many of the shops were boarding up and putting up barricades. As you get closer to the white house, some blocks have been completely blocked off.

This might get a little wild this weekend.
edit on 28-8-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
But I have an actual job and am not on the unemployment meal ticket.

Burn something for me or friendly fire is okay too just yeah do it. Nike,

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

So the people who are promoting ideas exactly opposite to MLK are marching on the anniversary of his speech?

Poor man has to be rolling in his grave.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Will there be military presence there ?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

The Peoples Liberation Army of Anqueefa.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I usually don't like your opinions. Stick with it this time though!
PPP

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

I usually don't like your opinions.

Nobody does....

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I just had an image of some Mad Max battle snack van

edit on 28-8-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
A march doesn't mean there will be riots. There has been thousands of peaceful protests regarding blm before.

BLM organizations arent good at condemning violence but trying to say that all protesters are eventual violent no-good rioters is doing nothing to help the situation.

Your approach is the same as cnn and msnbc saying all the protesters are peaceful.

Things are much more nuanced than this.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Awwww It's okkay. 1-2 decades and we'll be PM'ing each other pics of our grandchildren as we look back on the earth burning from the moon.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Time will tell. I can see it going your way too. I'm just following breadcrumbs i've found and this is what I think.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

That's why I don't have a fb account.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
A march doesn't mean there will be riots. There has been thousands of peaceful protests regarding blm before.

BLM organizations arent good at condemning violence but trying to say that all protesters are eventual violent no-good rioters is doing nothing to help the situation.

Your approach is the same as cnn and msnbc saying all the protesters are peaceful.

They are.
It's more like a sprinkling of terrorists and criminals leading on a larger group of wilfull idiots to riot and/or protest for a phantom cause.
They'd have more legitimacy if they were protesting for the release of the Easter Bunny, or against humanity for saying that Santa Claus isn't real.

edit on 28/8/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Lysergic

I just had an image of some Mad Max battle snack van

NOW you're talkin' Narc! I always wanted to soup up a Roach
Coach with a couple of gun ports and a full-on 632 Chevy with
around 400 extra from the bottle.
If Senator Paul and his disposition is being counted upon for
escalating a violent situation-- it'll probably happen at work.
And I'm suspicious all that will destroy evil [BETTER than a]
greater evil is a good man who's had enough.
I'm not saying Rand has reached his rope limit yet, but what
a lot of people aren't aware of is how long his fuse is. If some-
one succeeds in getting it lit; I suggest bugging outa The Mall.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Militaristic, sure.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Suuuurreee, let's be honest. They don't have a very good track record of peace this summer.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Let's not pretend that the" Movement" hasn't been usurped by other ideologies and has turned violent far too often. It doesn't matter how angry and upset they may be or how much it's justified they need a peaceful march. Have said it before they were getting traction very early on then it turned to burning and looting. Many of those listening early said screw that noise, It's why people shake their heads when they envoke the memory of MLK, if you are in the position of being right and justified there is no reason to go bat chit crazy. Many cities have "defunded" the police and pledged to approach law enforcement differently, but the continued chaos, burning, and looting isn't going to garner any allies it's just going to continue to widen the divide.
edit on 28-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Saying that most protests are peaceful and only a few are bad is the same thing as defending the cops because only as few are bad.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

But it also means that judging by previous behaviour, there is a massive chance that riots will break out. Should that fact be ignored? I am sure there are a few peaceful protesters amongst the masses who just shout insults and angry words, but lets face it, we can only expect what we observe, and what we have observed is burnings, statue toppling, intimidation of lone people, murder, lootings and tresspassing etc.

That's the nuances I see. Actions speak louder than speculations. So far I have not seen anything endearing on any of these protests, 'peaceful' or not. Yeah, I'm out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join