It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Corp and Satanic Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If a company has the most conservative news organization (Fox News) and also is the U.S. and possibly even the worlds largest bible publishing company (HarperCollins/Zondervan), should they be publishing books like the Satanic Bible and the Necronomicon?

Satanic Bible
www.harpercollins.com...

The Necronomicon
www.harpercollins.com...

I know everyone will say it's capitalism, but if you've reached the point where you're the largest publisher of the Bible, why would you do that? Any thoughts on this?

-----------------------
Confirmation that Zondervan/Harper Collins is the United State's largest bible publisher via USA today.

www.usatoday.com...

-----------------------
News Corp operations include:

The Times (UK)
The Sun (UK)
New York Post (USA)
Harper Collins
Zondervan
Fox Broadcasting
Fox News
FX
National Geographic
Direct TV
The Weekly Standard
TV Guide
National Rugby League

For more you can go to:
www.newscorp.com...

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
[edit on 15-3-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just goes to show where the big wigs at News Corp really have their priorities. I'd bet that in some smoky board room, headed by a certain evil ancient Australian arch-conservative, the only "worship" going on is bowing to the bottom line.

~Astral

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Is that Murdochs company?

Rupert Murdoch I mean..if so he virtually ownz aussie media.........

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
if nobody is buying. I guess that goes back to what you're saying about capitalism. It appears the people who publish the books aren't reading them. All have to say is I'm glad I'm not working for them, else I'd have to polish up my resume'.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yes the Satanic Bible is real, Anton Lavey being the author. Well it can't be much worse than the rest of the world's religious texts. HAIL SATAN!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Actually I find the Satanic Bible to be one of the funniest books of religious literature, right up there with the writings of the Discordians.

~Astral

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've read it and I wasn't inspired or amazed by anything. There were verses that are alleged to be the actual word of satan. But I thought those were also kind of dry. You'd think satan would have something better to say.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Harry Potter, The DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons, The Necromonicon,
The Bible, The Satanic Bible. Fiction Sells.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's not only capitalism, but an extension of free speach. Just because they're printing a certain book does not by any stretch of the imagination mean that they endorse, support or believe in part or all of its contents. Just because News Corp is the largest printer of the Bible, does this mean they should not print the Koran?

I would think that the very people who read and post on ATS would be appreciative of a company that is willing to print books that are outside of the norm. Those very same people who print the Satanic Bible could be the most likely ones to print your favorite UFO or JFK Assassination or Planet X books.

As far as books are concerned, I think that the only kind that shouldn't be printed are ones that instruct you on how to make bombs, how to committ and/or escape punishment of felonies, and those NMBLA books about how to molest boys and get away with it. There's just no logical defense for that kind of garbage. I just wish the ACLU would realize this as well.

new topics

top topics

join