It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Covid-19 Preparing Us For First Contact?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So what would happen after aliens openly introduce themselves? I think they have less reasons than more to interact with us. Given how people reacted to C19, it's obvious there isn't going to be a universal perception of them. Then there is the media and fake news and the dodgy gubmits who many may not trust even if they told tho truth. If Aliens met with Russia or China 1st they may automatically be viewed as the enemy or even communists. Any advance knowledge handed down or shared could easily give the receiving party an edge over their foe who would of course have their own self interest at heart.

What entity would you trust for humans to meet and handle the diplomatic relations between two worlds in these days?

In that light it's obvious from the aliens perspective there is little to gain from open interaction but trouble. What would not result in social unrest?
edit on 28-8-2020 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
But when you think about it though both governing forces are well aware that both us and them have Planet Killing weapons at hand and any large scale conflict would end with complete annihilation of (us). Kind of like our nuclear weapons being double edged deterrent. What if war isn't as common as we think among interstellar civilizations because beyond this point it's simply too destructive to consider? So in a funny way a " Ban Hammer " might keep peace in the galaxy simply due to the shear destructive power.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
So in a funny way a " Ban Hammer " might keep peace in the galaxy simply due to the shear destructive power.

In The Day the Earth Stood Still they used insanely powerful and destructive robots to keep the peace, with anybody using an offensive weapon burned into a puddle of carbon. That's one way to do it.

I don't know about Covid basically inoculating us against germs carried by aliens. The way I see it, when all is said and done they're going to figure out that Covid was essentially a half-dozen different viruses each with different symptoms but indicated by the same test.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

In The Day the Earth Stood Still they used insanely powerful and destructive robots to keep the peace, with anybody using an offensive weapon burned into a puddle of carbon.

Not robots. Just one. Just Gort.

Gort did not kill anyone.

edit on 8/28/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Blue Shift

In The Day the Earth Stood Still they used insanely powerful and destructive robots to keep the peace, with anybody using an offensive weapon burned into a puddle of carbon.

Klatu Barada Nicto, anyone?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Gort is more like a body guard, In the order of things it's pretty much self regulating. The violent parties simply eradicate themselves as you go up the proverbial social ladder. As physical war is pretty much moot the higher up you go maybe more mundane methods are used to settle conflicts or like Gort order is administered by AI.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that Klatuu says there's a whole race of robots out there keeping everyone in line.

Not that he couldn't. In the original ending, he destroys Earth. And he does kill that one guard. Or was it two? Although the real blame should go to whoever thought a single guard or a couple of guards and a short wooden fence would be plenty of security for an alien space ship.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Yeh the whole blog post is interesting

I have no idea , but it wouldnt surprise me , I done a thread recently on another of their blog posts
and it appears to be about the death of three astronomers in accidents
but apparently they were wanting to look at a specific region of space dp2147
apparently its DENIED, they think they were killed to keep it quiet

well thats what I get from their post

who knows what they are up to in earth orbit

I just looked over your thread. It looks fascinating and I look forward to reading the whole thing. Thanks.
edit on 8/29/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
So what would happen after aliens openly introduce themselves? I think they have less reasons than more to interact with us. Given how people reacted to C19, it's obvious there isn't going to be a universal perception of them. Then there is the media and fake news and the dodgy gubmits who many may not trust even if they told tho truth. If Aliens met with Russia or China 1st they may automatically be viewed as the enemy or even communists. Any advance knowledge handed down or shared could easily give the receiving party an edge over their foe who would of course have their own self interest at heart.

What entity would you trust for humans to meet and handle the diplomatic relations between two worlds in these days?

In that light it's obvious from the aliens perspective there is little to gain from open interaction but trouble. What would not result in social unrest?

Years ago the United Nations had an outer space ambassador of sorts whose job was serve as Earth's representative in case of first contact. It was a woman and I can't remember her name. I'll try to find it.
Found it. Her name is Mazlan Othman.
edit on 8/29/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Then you also know that her job was not serve as Earth's representative in case of first contact.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 8/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Then you also know that her job was not serve as Earth's representative in case of first contact.

Finally an email from Othman herself would have prompted our Martian to trudge back to his spaceship. "It sounds really cool but I have to deny it," she said of the story. She will be attending a conference next week, but she'll be talking about how the world deals with "near-Earth objects".

www.theguardian.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Yeah I know. Busted. I was just waiting for you to show up and call me out on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Aliens don't exist, so nothing to worry about, it's all bs.

Nobody has seen aliens, or can prove aliens exist, because they don't exist, except in fairy tales, and Hollywood movies.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Do angels exist?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

Nobody has seen aliens, or can prove aliens exist, because they don't exist, except in fairy tales, and Hollywood movies.

Thank you very much for clearing that up. This is very important news and I think you should contact the department of defense as well as the scientific community and tell them what you know. It's actually your obligation to do so.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Do angels exist?

Yes I do.(giggles coquettishly)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Do angels exist?

I don't know of any valid proof for angels existing, so that's about all I can say.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

Thank you very much for clearing that up. This is very important news and I think you should contact the department of defense as well as the scientific community and tell them what you know. It's actually your obligation to do so.

As they are among the groups which are pushing this fantasy, it really wouldn't make any sense to 'contact' them, but thanks anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I don't know of any valid proof for angels existing, so that's about all I can say.

Yet you can categorically state that aliens don't exist.

What's the difference?

edit on 8/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

As they are among the groups which are pushing this fantasy, it really wouldn't make any sense to 'contact' them, but thanks anyway.

Contact CNN then. This information is too big for ATS. You have to at least try.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Yet you can categorically state that aliens don't exist.

What's the difference?

The difference is all the valid evidence that aliens CANNOT exist, while there is simply no evidence for angels, nor against the possibility, and that's the main distinction here. Angels would be spiritual in nature, and I know from personal experience the afterlife exists, although I cannot prove it, in our Earth-bound world. Angels may exist, in such a realm, but I have no idea, either way.

Aliens are a different story. They are supposed to come from 'space', which is all bs, so no aliens COULD exist, to begin with. Nothing but bs, on more bs, on even more bs, is all a pile of bs, in the end.

I've told you many times, I require actual proof of something, before I accept it as true.

Nobody has ever seen a rocket after 3-4 minutes, nobody has ever seen an alien, and these two claims are combined, intertwined, as one fantasy story, where it's about a belief, not real, valid evidence.

I see how many lies have fooled people, into believing what is hidden from view, and it's absurd.

Ignore the father of rocketry when he states the firmament exists, as his last word on Earth, it's your choice. Ignore the fact rockets are hidden from view for no reason, after only 3-4 minutes, that's also your choice. Ignore the fact rockets fly off lower than planes at cruising altitudes, which is absurd, but you deny it, if you can't accept the truth of it. Who would veer off at such altitudes, waste all that fuel, if they were flying into 'orbit'? Nobody would, nobody does, it's all a fairy tale.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join