It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATS Voting Restriction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I just tried to give my last vote to a member for an insightful post and was met with a message stating that I had already voted for that member this month.

I have been here for almost a year and that is the first time that I learn of that restriction (I’m frugal with my votes
).

With only three votes each per month (that's not even one per week!) is this kind of restriction really necessary?

I could understand if we had unlimited (or a larger) number of votes but with three? Was there an existing problem that this restriction was intended to solve?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Encouraging you to notice quality posts from more than one member and to exercise your choice and your finger accordingly, is good for the soul.

I can't recall if you participated in the thread where it was brought to members' attention that a TWATS vote had been reduced in value from 250 to 20 points, but it was disclosed by a caring staff member that in a small number of cases the points were being 'donated' to facilitate members' buying of goodies from the ATS store.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I can't recall if you participated in the thread where it was brought to members' attention that a TWATS vote had been reduced in value from 250 to 20 points, ...

Yikes!

I didn't even know that points were awarded for a vote before I saw that thread. I ssume the points are not deducted from me when I vote but created out of the ether (like money
)

Am I also right in assuming that a block of points is awarded to the winner?

If so, how many for WATS of the month and how many for WATS of the Year?

Sounds like my FAQ thread needs an update.

I'll post there now and update with any new information a staff member may add to this thread.

[edit on 3/15/2005 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Am I also right in assuming that a block of points is awarded to the winner? - YES, set amount.

If so, how many for WATS of the month and how many for WATS of the Year? - Don't know offhand, but yes there is a point award for each.

new topics

top topics

join