It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Taken”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just completed disk 3, of the 6 in the mini-series, “Taken” and was wondering if the characters in this movie can be supported with real events. For example, Owen and Eric Crawford. Do you think they were real people? The only reason I ask is because Spielberg and Ronald Reagan had a pretty good relationship. After all he did invite Spielberg to the Whitehouse to view ET. Not to mention this:

“Following the screening the President leaned over, clapped Spielberg on the shoulder, and quietly commented, "You know, there aren’t six people in this room who know how true this really is." Unfortunately, the sudden press of people approaching Spielberg and the President prevented Spielberg from pursuing the strange comment made by Reagan.” But do you think Reagan would have told Spielberg what was going on in detail, so that he could later, when the time was right, make movie/documentary.

It does use one factual reference from Ronald Reagan famous speech,

“"I couldn’t help but - when you stop to think that we’re all God’s children, wherever we live in the world, I couldn’t help but say to him (Gorbachev) just how easy his task and mine might be if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We’d forget all the little local differences that we have between our countries and we would find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this Earth together. Well I guess we can wait for some alien race to come down and threaten us, but I think that between us we can bring about that realization."

It played on a TV in the kitchen but no one is paying any attention to it.

What do you think? Do you think any of the characters in this series are based on facts?

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Nah, Stephen Spielberg didn't write it, he just produced it. Can't remember how many ppl wrote it but wasn't it a lot? it's been so long since I've seen Taken....He didn't have a say on what the story was.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
'Taken' was a piece nosense. What I have some trouble trying to undestand would be after SS's work on CE of the TK why would he extreme himself from the realities of EBEs and UFOs after Mr H's death. Was it Skull and Bones again..?

silly it seems..but is it?

Dallas

TPL

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Taken had the 'worst ending ever' for a series of its kind.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

What do you think? Do you think any of the characters in this series are based on facts?

Thing to be careful of, they did mention some REAL cases, but within a fictional framework, so it can be confusing at times if looking for this....and yes, the ending sucked, but so do most UFO movie endings....

top topics

join