It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon opens “new” UFO investigation. Sincerity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yesterday I posted a link to a story describing how the Pentagon is announcing publicly that they are “starting” a UFO investigation after the recent mews stirred up by the tic tac hubbub.
The story here was deleted. Not sure why. Here it is again. Please discuss.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DanByers

With such a low quality thread, why bother?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanByers
Yesterday I posted a link to a story describing how the Pentagon is announcing publicly that they are “starting” a UFO investigation after the recent mews stirred up by the tic tac hubbub.

www.google.com...

I saw that the other day too.

I wonder what wonderboy debunker mick west thinks of the government spending more funds into identifying our own airplanes and specs of dust

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Dont forget Cold Seagulls!

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It still makes me wonder why the thread was deleted.
As far as the “quality “ of the thread, come on. It’s a UFO forum. Every other statement and video by the US Government gets a thread for discussion. I was frankly surprised no one had mentioned it before.
More diversion? Like continuing with chemical rockets while TR3B’s ply the skies lol?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The Pentagon publicly announcing a new UFO investigation is only propaganda. It's counter intelligence at work. Earlier those videos came out, and now this announcement is purely for social engineering/mitigation.

Because in the real world they have been doing black world research and "investigating" the issue for many decades under cover of extreme secrecy.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Bit strange that the pentagon acts like these things just appeared yesterday.

Does not add up , they had sightings by their own military going back 50 years.

And now they pretend its all new and investigations need to be launched.

Bluebook probably had a few cases wich would scare the US military and their military dominance.

at that moment they already launched classified programs investigating this phenomena.

No military is just gonna have things flying around that could pose a significant threat without looking into it.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Exactly. Making me think this is just another Project Blue Book. Make the ignorant public feel placated. Or even worse, the people running the “new” program are completely out of ANY loop as far as compartmentalized black budget past efforts.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I figured I would be glad that the pentagon would acknowledge the phenomenon that has been occurring but atlas it feels like I’m being led instead of shown and it is suspicious.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The way I read it, it's for the purpose of trying to find out if peer/near peer adversaries have a super tech and Congress wants to know. I don't believe they will tell Congress unclassified "Alien" news, whether it's proven or just speculated. No congressman is demanding that, if they want to stay LOL.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Forgot, you get a flag for non political thread. I like that very much indeed 😁

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
Bit strange that the pentagon acts like these things just appeared yesterday.

Does not add up , they had sightings by their own military going back 50 years.

And now they pretend its all new and investigations need to be launched.

Bluebook probably had a few cases wich would scare the US military and their military dominance.

at that moment they already launched classified programs investigating this phenomena.

No military is just gonna have things flying around that could pose a significant threat without looking into it.

It's bizarre. You would assume that every government is investigating UFOs by doing
aerial reconnaissance in order to keep up air sovereignty.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I don't think it's the new project blue book, when it was funded from '07-'12... They've probably been opening and closing secret departments the whole time. Eric Davis said the sightings have never stopped.

Jacques Vallee concluded the sightings that remain unidentified pose no threat and they clearly don't pose a threat. So maybe we will hear more about UFO's with this disclosure. Maybe it's time for humans to accept this reality.

We do have lots of plans for space travel and exploration....maybe it's true we encountered aliens in space in the past, and we've just had to wait til we created better technology and learned about the aliens/ufos more...and that's why we're here.

For example commercial moon mining or going to Mars, aliens and UFOs could be everywhere.

I could see politics becoming political on aliens where one side wants to destroy them and the other side wants to study them and make friendly contact.

It will be interesting, there's way too many accusations for decades and decades of UFO's and alien encounters to say this is not a reality.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The "severity" of some UFO cases probably give a few hints to as how much effort the US government has done to study this phenomena.

www.wired.com...

The article i linked talks about UFO's turning off nukes.

Now most of these cases are During the height of the cold war, with Communist threat on a all time high.

And now some one is turning off nukes , immobilising the united states first strike capability , this is a massive strategical blow.

At that moment the US government would have already know who or what was doing it.

If not they would have lauched investigations to find out if the russians might be behind it.

edit on 16-8-2020 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2020 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

www.google.com...

Maybe because there was another thread already posted about it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But even if that were the case, the Mods usually post a note saying that in the duplicate thread.

Who knows, maybe ghosts in the ATS machine?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Sorry Charlie. That was started not only after my initial post, it was started after THIS post.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The US government has been aware of UFO sightings over weapons silos since the 1970’s.
This study is to placate the masses I think

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is conditioning.

The powers that be know about UFOs, Different alien races and so on. But they can't just make every information known to the public at once. It would devastate the world views of Joe and Jane Average. It would cause even more rioting and looting than there already is due to other reasons.

UFOs are not something that only Fox Mulder rambles about anymore. It is not a fringe theory by a tinfoil-hat basement dweller. Now the pentagon admits that. Because they can't hide the real truth for much longer, about the alien beings and their crafts.

However, Current UFOs and aliens here on earth and in our skies, pose no threat. If they did, i wouldn't be writing this post and you wouldn't be reading it.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The US government has been aware of UFO sightings over weapons silos since the 1970’s.
This study is to placate the masses I think

Im highly interesting behind the motives , are we being drip fed information that leads to disclosure or are there more sinister motives behind it.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Riffrafter

Sorry Charlie. That was started not only after my initial post, it was started after THIS post.

Charlie?

Seriously?

top topics

join