It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Kamala Harris Biden’s running mate here’s what she means and doesn’t mean for markets

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
MarketWatch
Does anyone really care what this woman says or thinks? I don't but financial markets are examining the possible effects on the markets of her selection to being biden's running mate.
I am finding out that the markets are going up today after this announcement because they are relieved Elizabeth Warren wasn't selected.
Kamala doesn't worry them at all and happy she was selected.



Biden, who is 77, would be 78 years and 61 days old when he takes the oath of office in 2021, should he prevail against Republican Trump. Harris is 55, and market participants may be viewing her as having a greater chance of eventually influencing financial market policy.
On Wednesday, less than 24 hours after the Harris’s selection by Biden, the stock market was climbing.
The gains weren’t because of Harris, to be sure, but market participants say that Biden’s selection, one that had been widely telegraphed, perhaps, eases fears of a candidate that could have been viewed as less market friendly, experts told MarketWatch.
Some analysts said that markets may have been heartened by Biden’s decision to not pick a progressive candidate like Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who is seen by some as a negative for stocks and the banking industry in particular.


Whoop, Whoop, they are happy somebody else wasn't selected.

What a pair. If Kamala gets her hands on the nation's purse, we will all be picking cotton next harvest.




posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I think the markets are responding to the threat of a regime change. It's greatly reduced now according to some. And based on her past performance running for president, I kind of see their point.



posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Im really upset that neither Warren nor Yang is on the ticket in some way shape or form.

We NEED a progressive step forward as a country.



posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

There is no way in hell Yang will ever, EVER be the Democrat nominee for President in any year. Not with the financial elite controlling the party.

I’m surprised they let him even run in the primaries to be honest.



posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Markets are doing well. 51% of Americans have money in it. They are making money. The other 49% who cares. That is how this will shake out. Close but he prevails. 51% is not giving that up. Not a chance.



posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
Markets are doing well. 51% of Americans have money in it. They are making money. The other 49% who cares. That is how this will shake out. Close but he prevails. 51% is not giving that up. Not a chance.


Its more like 55% invested, at least to some degree, in stocks. Still a way to go to catch up to pre-crash levels in the low/mid-60%'s, but we're getting there.

Stock ownership isn't drawn along party lines, nor presidential choice, however. I could be reading into it wrong, but in trying to make sense of your post, it seemed that's what you were implying.

The stock market is a huge deal in our economy, for Republicans, Democrats, and for the intelligent as well!




top topics
 
5

log in

join