It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening now: SpaceX Crewed Dragon Endeavour on Demo-2 Mission Returns to Earth, Splashdown Soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Live video feed from inside the Crewed Dragon capsule as NASA astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken return home, the footage is awesome

The astronauts are expected to splash-down off the coast of Florida just after 14:45 EDT (19:45 BST) today (Sunday), they launched to the International Space Station back on May 30th.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Those 2 talking no social distance and no mask ?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Those 2 talking no social distance and no mask ?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've been watching the feed off and on since last night, saw it in another thread.

It struck me today just how epic the capsule's cockpit is, as well as the suits. The rest of us grew up with the Stay-Puft orange stye suits, and the White Boxes suits, we grew up with knobs and buttons and switches and leavers in the capsules and shuttles of our eras.

This is like watching Star Trek come to life -- sharp, sleek, clean, neat. The touch screens rammed it home for me, "Wow, they're using touch screens!....Damn, I remember the knobs and such. That's a big leap!"
edit on 8/2/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's good to see Bob and Doug get home safely, they've been on some trip!

originally posted by: Nyiah

...It struck me today just how epic the capsule's cockpit is, as well as the suits. The rest of us grew up with the Stay-Puft orange stye suits, and the White Boxes suits, we grew up with knobs and buttons and switches and leavers in the capsules and shuttles of our eras.

This is like watching Star Trek come to life -- sharp, sleek, clean, neat. The touch screens rammed it home for me, "Wow, they're using touch screens!....Damn, I remember the knobs and such. That's a big leap!"

Definitely, that really struck me too!

I'd always thought of space capsules as 'dumb' machines, simple vehicles only designed to get astronauts back safely through reentry, I had no idea that there was so much going on.

I was particularly struck by the size of the Dragon capsule, I've always thought that it looked tiny, on the outside, but when I watched a tour of the inside and they showed the separate areas, as well as the control panel and 'cockpit' (?) area, I was kind of blown away,

We're living in the future, for sure,

new topics

top topics

join