It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. FAUCI's National Institute of Health - N95 and Surgical Masks Were NOT Effective with H1N1.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wednesday, July 29, 2020

First, here is a National Institute of Health study summary of N95 and Surgical masks' effectiveness with stopping the inhalation of H1N1 (Swine Flu) viruses.

Short and sweet:

We found no clear benefit of either medical masks or N95 respirators against pH1N1.
Here is the full study that rendered the N.I.H. conclusion: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Is the Covid-19 virus about the same same as the H1N1 virus?

How many of you here in ATS-Land wear an N-95 or Surgical mask when interacting with others?

Most of the people I see in the public arena are wearing neither. The single-use paper, or washable cloth variety are what myself, and most of the people are wearing.

-CareWeMust
edit on 7/29/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Lucky if i put on a cloth mask to make all the Karen's happy. Just watching general public and walmart employee's proves to me masks are pointless. They keep messing with them, they pull them off/on, use the same mask, they only wear them if in public view.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
When in say, a store, I'll wear just a lil mask, pretty cool black jobby that helps should I do an occasional cough or something
I know masks don't work very well in stopping a 200 nanometer virus, what the mask is for is to not shoot the virus across the room during a cough or sneeze or just talking all breathy. it keeps the virus contained around you.

When outdoors, I don't wear masks, I just stay a bit away from people and make sure the breese is going away from us instead of standing up or downwind of anyone...if I have any sort of cough I'll wear a mask outdoors I suppose, for the same effect of not wanting to shoot potential particles across a wide area.

I work from home, so thats helpful. stagnant air and close quarters with a bunch of other people is the biggest issue with the spread.

In hospitals, masks help for the same reason on the patient, and a face shield

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Lucky if i put on a cloth mask to make all the Karen's happy. Just watching general public and walmart employee's proves to me masks are pointless. They keep messing with them, they pull them off/on, use the same mask, they only wear them if in public view.

Once you know the actual reasoning for the mask, you will then understand why its helpful.

this may help you understand should you care to watch it

edit on 29-7-2020 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, they are for catching the large particulate water droplets which contain virus. Masks are for lowering transmission by catching a large portion of droplets, reducing surface virus particles by approx 70%.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I only wear one when I have to. I am sure it helps contain the virus like they claim. It's not to protect the wearer.

Everyone that can, will get the virus. Unless you can stay hidden till there is a safe and effective vaccine. Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Not sure you read the article and understand the study completely. You also quoted one sentence out of the entire thing. Feels kinda like cherry picking to make a point... I have an example cited in the study you linked to as well.

"Compared to non-rPPE wearing HCWs, those wearing medical masks or N95 respirators throughout their work shift were significantly protected against nonspecific respiratory infection."

I would also like to make a note that the study seems to be around the effectiveness of the mask to stop someone from contracting viruses and bacteria and not its effectiveness of reducing the chance of someone spreading it.

Masks seem to be at least in some degree, whether small or large, effective in both regards.

I do applaud you for wearing a mask, especially if you're in an area with a lot of cases of covid-19, and apologize if this sounds like an attack towards you. I dont mean it that way and it isn't. I personally haven't worn a mask but live in a place where currently there are only 9 active cases out of 870,000 people... on an island.

Be kind, be calm, and be safe everyone.
edit on 7 30 2020 by confound because: Read the op and my comments and decided I needed to clarify.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Once you know the actual reasoning for the mask, you will then understand why its helpful.

You’re right! We should just all crawl under a rock and hide, until this MAJOR killer is gone.

This terrifying virus is going to get us!!!

OMG! I can’t find a rock......

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

You’re right! We should just all crawl under a rock and hide, until this MAJOR killer is gone.

This terrifying virus is going to get us!!!

OMG! I can’t find a rock......

Obesity and smoking causes cancer.

...now do your thing and rebel against science here also....eat heartily until you pop and do 3 packs a day...that'll own the libs.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
Ok yea, if those are such cool benefits surely you would have already been wearing one your whole adult life until 2020. Are you going to wear a mask now for the rest of your life, however short that may now be due to intersecting solar systems or whatever?

I am lately under the suspicion the masks are to keep our alien visitors from getting sick breathing Earth bugs while pretending to be human. Could also be a symbolic representation of a faceless machine. Either way, pretty sure you saw at least one of those slow moving sneeze videos before 2020, especially after high speed cameras were a new thing and they were making super slow hi res videos of pooping water balloons, the splashing of liquids, impacts on dusty surfaces.

Did it never occur to you to wear a mask over benign pathogens that can possibly lead to the same respiratory illnesses we have always faced and typically handled with mixed results??

The only thing that has changed is the sophistication and saturation of weaponized media terrorism.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If the wuflu killed 77 million people, that would be ONE percent of the population.

ONE

The wuflu is a nothing burger. Masks are for morons.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Health study summary of N95 and Surgical masks' effectiveness with stopping the inhalation of H1N1 (Swine Flu) viruses.

Again, masks are worn to stop the wearer if they have the/a virus form coughing it everywhere, they are not really worn to stop you in hailing it.

Thats why they are worn in surgery, it's to stop the surgical team form coughing "germs" into the patient.

Why is this so difficult for people to understand????

edit on 30-7-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Thats why they are worn in surgery

its not like people walk around in malls and streets with open wounds.

but I get it, I only wear them when I enter a closed area like a shopping mall or a supermarket just to satisfy others, I never wear them in my own office though.

what I dont get is when I see a man and his wife wearing masks in their car or while walking on the streets, hell I saw two of them on their own boat going for a trip wearing them SMH

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
What's the point...half or more pull it under their nose or even their chin. It's not that bad of a disease either...its not like haunta virus or something likely to kill you. Get it and build antibodies and live with it like the flu yearly...something I never get.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hilarious, that when an actual study is presented people resort to "news" reports to validate their programming.

Forget the fact that this virus has only a .04 fatality rate and over 80% of those are elderly with underlying health problems.

Good little sheep.. Baaaaa

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Meanwhile people of all ages are getting sick from having previous lung conditions now forced to wear a mask that inflames those issues. All in the name of politics for the left. Death from Coronavirus is already extremely rare and I bet 10x the amount of people that actually have/had Coronavirus, have never been tested.
edit on 30-7-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: Remove my trolling comment

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

So, I lost my full time radio gig in February, and all my sound gigs in March thanks to dictator Cuomo. I am working at Walmart to pay the bills for my soon to be ex and my daughter. Yup, I pull that mask off many times in a day. You try wearing one for 9 hours straight. But I am not worrried about it, most customers do not wear one.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
That's not so.
The N95 mask I have used has a valve that closes off when the wearer breathes in and opens to exhaust the exhaled breath of the user.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

When in say, a store, I'll wear just a lil mask, pretty cool black jobby that helps should I do an occasional cough or something
I know masks don't work very well in stopping a 200 nanometer virus, what the mask is for is to not shoot the virus across the room during a cough or sneeze or just talking all breathy. it keeps the virus contained around you.

When outdoors, I don't wear masks, I just stay a bit away from people and make sure the breese is going away from us instead of standing up or downwind of anyone...if I have any sort of cough I'll wear a mask outdoors I suppose, for the same effect of not wanting to shoot potential particles across a wide area.

I work from home, so thats helpful. stagnant air and close quarters with a bunch of other people is the biggest issue with the spread.

In hospitals, masks help for the same reason on the patient, and a face shield

Same here, I do it when I feel it's necessary or when not wearing one could get me a $500 fine and a 90 day vacation in the slammer.

I do it for show mostly, plus it covers my now quite grey beard. However, I follow the same protocols you have outlined to the tee. Also, I wash my hands like a good boy and use hand sanitizer as well as other precautions, although that has more to do with my paranoid feelings I suspect.

ETA: Now that I think of it, it's not really paranoia that compels me to wash hands and use sanitizer, it's a passive/aggressive form of protest I've been using since the seat belt law in Michigan was enacted. I knew that they would up the fines and pull you over specifically for not using the belt, contrary to what the law stated at the time. Sure enough the fines skyrocketed and they will pull you over for not wearing it, so I vowed they'd never get a dime from me for not wearing one and always wear it in silent protest.

That attitude has transferred to the COVID laws on the books now. They may not be enforcing the mask laws yet, but a few cases of jail time and fines are cropping up and those will ratchet up soon because of the state's COVID deficit in Michigan, 3 billion I believe, and Gov. Whitmer is begging for federal funds now. Going forward, the government will be pursuing all the revenue they can rake in, so OBEY THE LAWS, they are coming after your money soon.
edit on 30-7-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

Over a thousand people die every day due to smoking and second hand smoke. This covid19 ain't got nothing on that.

Why are we being forced to wear a mask to stop a virus that is way less harmful while cigarettes are still legal? That's what I want to know.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join