It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Money Should Follow Students

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Doesn't go far enough, people should get a property tax refund on the portion used to fund the school budget if that school system remains closed.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Many US states already give parents the school choice. It's a great program. If I pay to send my kids to something other than public school I claim it on my tax refunds and get some reimbursement. Even if I homeschool there's a claim I can make.

Public schools are garbage. Liberal daycare. Just search how many kids graduate 12th grade and can't read.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Private schools in the south are comparable to some public schools in states NE or out west. Because you send your kids to a private school doesn’t mean their education is any better than public, especially in states with good funding. You have to remember that most K-12 privates schools are “for profit”, and that to me is sometimes a conflict of interest. On that note Im forced to send my kids to private school, I’m in the “Corridor of shame”.

Get a load of this crap, the governor of South Carolina approved a large grant to Private schools due to the virus, yet the public’s schools in the poor areas that need the funds got nothing.
www.greenvilleonline.com...
edit on 30-7-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I agree with this too but what about people that don't pay property taxes? Does their landlord get the monies? Would home owners still pay some tax to cover them?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: satellite1
I agree with this too but what about people that don't pay property taxes? Does their landlord get the monies? Would home owners still pay some tax to cover them?

Not sure how that would work, in a way even people paying rent are in a way paying into those taxes.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yes, this is perfect!

Need a two-pronged assault, however. No school reform will be complete without marginalizing and otherwise eliminating the teacher's unions and possibly working to instill criminal penalties for public school teachers who push any sort of political narrative or teach anything other than objective historical fact.

This means: real history, real math, civics, etc. No "critical anything theory" whatsoever. 2+3 will always equal five. The English language is always whats taught unless the class is specifically a foreign language class
edit on 7/30/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It should be this way AFTER schools reopen too. Schools should earn their stated funded tuition and salaries from the parents, not automatically get it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join