It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your local schools opening or going virtual?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ohio is currently under a statewide mask order as of Thursday 6pm.

Schools, as of a couple weeks ago are to open as normal with extra funding for Covid adaptations (cleaning, etc). Unless the school board wants to do a soft reopen of two days a week in classrooms and three days distance learning divided by school population size meaning the teachers will be in contact with all kids and be a conduit between groups. Or start all distance learning with a bigger funding penalty from the state.

Keep in mind that speciality teachers and staff in elementary education such as music, phys ed, librarians come into contact with all students. Classroom teachers only 30 or so. Junior High and High School come in contact with 200+ with specialty teachers reaching 400-500 on average.

Cluster...absolute cluster. But if I had kids they’d be homeschooled with special classes in survival, gardening, ranged firearms targeting, etc. I know, liberal tears over the curriculum, but I bet my kids would also know that BLM was founded in Ferguson, MO at the encouragement and blessing of the 44th president, which makes Obama responsible for billions in destruction about now.
edit on 24-7-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ours are still up in the air. My wife works there so it will likely affect her negatively unless they go back full time.

Teachers are resigning in droves because they're afraid to go back to school where they might catch the virus. Can you hear my eyes rolling? My gosh, what a bunch of absolute whiners. Doctors, nurses, cops, EMTs, they're not bailing on the very people they are supposed to help and their work is far more dangerous. I have no love for most teachers but I have ZERO respect for any of them that are too afraid to go back to work. That just angers me.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Teachers are resigning in droves because they're afraid to go back to school where they might catch the virus. Can you hear my eyes rolling?

People are free to retire when they want. I know a lot of teachers are frustrated by the thought of having to follow strict sanitation guidelines and social distancing (this is mostly regarding the younger grades)

One weird thing that has me scratching my head is that teachers want more money for virtual schooling. H311 no!
If anything there should be cuts across the board for going all virtual.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Broward County is going virtual with teachers working in shifts, going past 9pm, in order to allow for parents to figure out day care/babysitters.

The charter school my wife works for has 75 schools in 13 districts across the US. They had to submit 3 different plans for each district; all students returning, half the students returning and half staying home and all students staying home. Herself and her team have been pulling 12-14 hour days for almost a month now getting all this sorted out.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Teachers are resigning in droves because they're afraid to go back to school where they might catch the virus. Can you hear my eyes rolling? My gosh, what a bunch of absolute whiners. Doctors, nurses, cops, EMTs, they're not bailing on the very people they are supposed to help and their work is far more dangerous. I have no love for most teachers but I have ZERO respect for any of them that are too afraid to go back to work. That just angers me.

Plenty of first responders are bailing as well; Some because they are dead. I don't blame teachers for not wanting a job that that has the potential to kill them.

www.firerescue1.com... TR3A/

www.policeone.com...

www.ems1.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 25-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
We just got word that our district schools (New York) will be going to a hybrid model. 4 days a week in school every two week period. This will be eather in school one week and virtual the next or they will split up each week M/T vs Th/F with no one going in on Wednesday. They claim they do not have enough class room space to abide by the states requirements for social distancing.

They also state masks must be worn by the children while in class. I personally don't have a problem with masks and my kids have already been wearing them for other activities such as their dance classes. Heat is my main concern.

However I see no real logic in the way they plan to implement mask use during the day:

Face masks will be required to be worn for most of the instructional day. Face mask breaks will be built into the daily schedule and, of course, face masks will not be worn while the child is eating.

Face masks will be required to be worn on school busses. Social distancing lengths of six feet is not required on busses. We will be separating students so that, for the most part, there will be only one child per seat, except for children in the same household who may be seated together.

How effective will masks really be in stopping transmission between children if there are going to be parts of the day where they will interact with out them? So from 8-11 and 1-3 their won't be transmission but from 11-1 there will be?

Further how does seating children on busses one per seat help lower transmission? Viruses can move front to back in a school bus.

The most frustrating part of all of this is that these experts seem to be just pulling ideas out of their @ss and subjecting our children to uncertainty and discomfort for no real reason besides optics. I don't personally mind following guidelines that restrict my personal movement or activities for the greater good; but I do demand that those guidelines make logical sense.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I guess it boils down to if you believe trump.

www.politico.com...

or if you pay attention to reality...

www.cbs46.com...

How much risk are you willing to take?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
3 options; Face to face traditional with CDC guideline, Virtual at home Learning (All studies online at home, no teacher, no time schedule), and Virtual Classes with a live teacher (same hours as school on your PC, like online college courses I used to take). The third option is the only option for parents who may want to send kids back to face to face after the second semester.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
3 options; Face to face traditional with CDC guideline, Virtual at home Learning (All studies online at home, no teacher, no time schedule), and Virtual Classes with a live teacher (same hours as school on your PC, like online college courses I used to take). The third option is the only option for parents who may want to send kids back to face to face after the second semester.

If you are a trump supporter, may I suggest you send your kids back to a face to face environment and strike a blow for freedom, proving your ideological stance isn't just words.

www.politico.com...
edit on 5-8-2020 by olaru12 because: syntax

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Mine are going back face to face. Though from talking to some of our friends who work for the schools here, with them employing mask mandates, and social distancing I think my kids are going to want to go back to virtual at home like we did last 2 semesters of last school year.

Only thing is they both told me they didn't retain much from the online school, so I may develop a home school curriculum myself, as my MMA trainer and his wife's 5 kids are all traditionally home schooled, and could give me help.
edit on 5-8-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

I think homeschooling is the more prudent option. As a once jr. high and JC teacher, they couldn't pay me enough to go back in a classroom.

The risk to myself and my family is just to great. Do you train MMA with a mask on. I just shot a movie with the Karate Hottie, Michelle Waterson.
What a wonderful woman, and a very good actress. It's called "Crossed Lines"

edit on 5-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Both.

We're Opting in.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The risk to myself and my family is just to great. If I'm going to get the covid, it will be in a sleezy bar dancing and raising hell.

Why now?

In May you were bragging how you are an outlaw for hugging and shaking hands with the people at the graduation parade.

Why do you always flip flop?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

The risk to myself and my family is just to great. If I'm going to get the covid, it will be in a sleezy bar dancing and raising hell.

Why now?

In May you were bragging how you are an outlaw for hugging and shaking hands with the people at the graduation parade.

Why do you always stalk me. Get a life of your own troll.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Why now?

Why do you always stalk me. Get a life of your own troll.

Lol.

So......Can't answer a simple question.

You were against the lockdown but now you are for it, why?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No mask, lol. They'd come right off. I have longer hair and wear a hair wrap, it is off my head within 60 seconds of a free roll. No way I could breath wearing a mask doing 2 hours of training 3x a week anyways.

I have taken no precautions aside from staying home more, and ordering more things for curbside pickup or on Amazon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join