It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your local schools opening or going virtual?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ohio is currently under a statewide mask order as of Thursday 6pm.

Schools, as of a couple weeks ago are to open as normal with extra funding for Covid adaptations (cleaning, etc). Unless the school board wants to do a soft reopen of two days a week in classrooms and three days distance learning divided by school population size meaning the teachers will be in contact with all kids and be a conduit between groups. Or start all distance learning with a bigger funding penalty from the state.

Keep in mind that speciality teachers and staff in elementary education such as music, phys ed, librarians come into contact with all students. Classroom teachers only 30 or so. Junior High and High School come in contact with 200+ with specialty teachers reaching 400-500 on average.

Cluster...absolute cluster. But if I had kids they’d be homeschooled with special classes in survival, gardening, ranged firearms targeting, etc. I know, liberal tears over the curriculum, but I bet my kids would also know that BLM was founded in Ferguson, MO at the encouragement and blessing of the 44th president, which makes Obama responsible for billions in destruction about now.
edit on 24-7-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ours are still up in the air. My wife works there so it will likely affect her negatively unless they go back full time.

Teachers are resigning in droves because they're afraid to go back to school where they might catch the virus. Can you hear my eyes rolling? My gosh, what a bunch of absolute whiners. Doctors, nurses, cops, EMTs, they're not bailing on the very people they are supposed to help and their work is far more dangerous. I have no love for most teachers but I have ZERO respect for any of them that are too afraid to go back to work. That just angers me.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Teachers are resigning in droves because they're afraid to go back to school where they might catch the virus. Can you hear my eyes rolling?

People are free to retire when they want. I know a lot of teachers are frustrated by the thought of having to follow strict sanitation guidelines and social distancing (this is mostly regarding the younger grades)

One weird thing that has me scratching my head is that teachers want more money for virtual schooling. H311 no!
If anything there should be cuts across the board for going all virtual.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Broward County is going virtual with teachers working in shifts, going past 9pm, in order to allow for parents to figure out day care/babysitters.

The charter school my wife works for has 75 schools in 13 districts across the US. They had to submit 3 different plans for each district; all students returning, half the students returning and half staying home and all students staying home. Herself and her team have been pulling 12-14 hour days for almost a month now getting all this sorted out.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Teachers are resigning in droves because they're afraid to go back to school where they might catch the virus. Can you hear my eyes rolling? My gosh, what a bunch of absolute whiners. Doctors, nurses, cops, EMTs, they're not bailing on the very people they are supposed to help and their work is far more dangerous. I have no love for most teachers but I have ZERO respect for any of them that are too afraid to go back to work. That just angers me.

Plenty of first responders are bailing as well; Some because they are dead. I don't blame teachers for not wanting a job that that has the potential to kill them.

www.firerescue1.com... TR3A/

www.policeone.com...

www.ems1.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 25-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join