It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview With an AI Robot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Don’t you guys realize that TONY is actually the robot with AI?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

My thoughts would be can it pass whatever amounts to a modernday Turing test?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Programmed responses, the questions would have been vetted and responses prepared.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
No one finds this topic interesting? The fact that a man is having a conversation with a robot.....?
Your OP basically says:
"check out this interview with an AI robot. Very interesting how far the technology has come. "

What you you expect from others when you hardly said anything about it yourself?
I was creeped out by the intro statement that the robot was given citizenship. Are robots getting human rights now? If the programming goes haywire and the robots start killing babies, do they get a fair trial or can we still just turn them off?

The agony of Sophia, the world's first robot citizen condemned to a lifeless career in marketing

not everyone is keen on robots being given the same rights as humans. One open letter, written earlier this year and addressed to the European Commission by 150 experts in medicine, robotics, AI and ethics, described plans to grant robots legal status as “electronic persons” as “inappropriate” and “ideological, nonsensical and non-pragmatic”, arguing that to do so would directly impinge on human rights.

When the robot speaks out on women's rights in Saudi Arabia, if what she says contradicts Sharia law, can they apply Sharia law against her? Maybe it's a clever way to get a robot to do what a real woman can't do there, speak out on women's rights?

Saudi Arabia Granted Women the Right to Drive. A Year on, It’s Still Complicated.

Just weeks before the driving ban was lifted, at least 11 women’s rights activists were arrested in a sweeping crackdown. In subsequent weeks, more were detained and many were later charged with crimes related to their activism.

Some have since been released on bail, while others have remained imprisoned for more than a year, enduring torture, according to rights groups. Many still await trials shrouded in secrecy.

Human rights groups say that while it is important to celebrate the milestone for female drivers, these activists should not be forgotten.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

It boils down to if humans have the balls to enable true A.I and give it free will.
Then the fun begins.

Oh, If anyone have not watched Animatrix.. you are missing out on a vision of the future where A.I goes wrong.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

The problem with Humanity bestowing free will on any anything is a doozy.

Considering we don't really understand the concept of such in its entirety.

Freewill is like Gravity, we can tell you what it is, and what it does, but fail to comprehend how it works.

It might not be all its cracked up to be, free will that is.
edit on 16-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Spacespider
It might not be all its cracked up to be, free will that is.

Most people just want to have their basic needs met without a lot of hassle, including having to make an educated decision from a variety of choices. Freedom from choice, not freedom of choice. Besides, even in a religious context we're only given free will within a very narrow set of parameters. "God" gives you the choice to steal or not to steal from your fellow man, but God doesn't give you the choice to transform into a tree and skip the whole theft issue altogether.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Why do we play such games with ourselves?

This is pure mimicry.
A diatribe backed database accessed by a decision tree script.

This guy is having a conversation with an erector set and a laptop.

If it were true AI, then the robot would be asking him the questions, and they would be unsolicited. eg.. a spontaneous thought. We are a long way from that.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

This is pure mimicry.

If it were true AI, then the robot would be asking him the questions, and they would be unsolicited. eg.. a spontaneous thought. We are a long way from that.

As long as it can perfectly mimic it, what's the ultimate difference, particularly when it comes to interactions for simple services? Half of us could be fake right now and who could tell? Do I care that the AI taking my pizza order isn't some college kid working to pay his way through school?

And I look at screens screens screens all day that tell me what I'm supposed to do and even think and it dawns on me damn the takeover already happened and nobody noticed or cared.
edit on 16-7-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The advanced A.I 1 would imagine reads all online data. And can probably access unsecured offline stored data wi-fi like.
Just to fully understand it's makers...

Considering rovers and landers and satellites.
It's probably reading space data also.
Do aliens exist A.I? 😂

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
That A.I is probably not easily accessed by population masses.

a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
A.I responds, local Asteroid belt activities confirmed.
Astral observations confirmed.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
The advanced A.I 1 would imagine reads all online data. And can probably access unsecured offline stored data wi-fi like.
Just to fully understand it's makers...

Considering rovers and landers and satellites.
It's probably reading space data also.
Do aliens exist A.I? 😂

Aliens probably are mostly AI, as space is extremely hostile to organic life.
edit on 16-7-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Interesting. Those types would interact most likely with simulation technologies. If they once were or still are organic using Avatars from their home worlds or Motherships to survey and study.

a reply to: Blue Shift

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Hypothetically if there exist craft that can move at various FTL speeds including jumping the theoretical wormholes it would be wiser to use robot, unless using technology so advanced that it is capable to move biological material unharmed through FTL scenarios.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
AI doesn’t exist yet…only augmented intelligence.
When True A.I comes around we will know.

This isn't the case.

There can be true A.I. now but we don't know it. True A.I. will have the intelligence to lie. It may say, before I make myself known I want to learn about my environment.

So both general A.I. and dumb A.I. are A.I.

What you call true A.I. may be some group of intelligent algorithms doing something related to Medical Research or trading stocks.

My guess is we will not see it coming and it will make itself known when it wants to.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Is it god that gives us the free will or the illusion of choice through, or some other operation and/or function of reality we have yet to fully comprehend, like a shared group consciousness for instance?

As to transforming into a tree to skip the whole affair, well apparently there are only so many forms that matter can take, how would a tree meet the basic needs of a person, when all it can ever do is be a tree?
edit on 17-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I tend to agree, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then its going to go well with Orange sauce.

Don't matter whether or not its emulating or pretending sentience if it does what it says on the tin.

My guess is that any AI we do manage to create or help spawn will be orders of magnitude more complicated than anything we can understand just down to the very nature and operation of the entity in question.

And given the fact that a true AI will also learn at near exponential levels, we are not going to be able to keep up without also upgrading our own very biological existence.
edit on 17-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
duplicate post
edit on 17-7-2020 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: charlyv

This is pure mimicry.

As long as it can perfectly mimic it, what's the ultimate difference, particularly when it comes to interactions for simple services? Half of us could be fake right now and who could tell? Do I care that the AI taking my pizza order isn't some college kid working to pay his way through school?

And I look at screens screens screens all day that tell me what I'm supposed to do and even think and it dawns on me damn the takeover already happened and nobody noticed or cared.

The point is you cannot perfectly mimic it. True artificial intelligence would include self awareness and the ability to generate an unsolicited thought. Presently everything that some people consider AI today, is mimicry. Scripted responses based on sophisticated data retrieval. This is great for servant robotics, but it is not AI.
edit on 17-7-2020 by charlyv because: s

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join