It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft will ban Forza players who add the confederate flag to their digital cars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

That is becoming ever harder, most retail PC's these day's do not even have a DVD or CD rom drive and most consoles are moving to pure digital download so hard media is being replaced by licencing term's and term's of service as they slowly but surely move the gaming and software model to an industry if not user friendly rental model were they own it but you pay for a client you may use unless they deem you are no longer within the terms of there often fluid contracts which they can change but you can not as a consumer.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I think that it may be banned in several Asian country's including possibly China but am not sure, it does however elicit just as much revulsion as the Nazi symbol's but not on this side of the world though we do remember how they treated our boy's whom they took prisoner with lasting anger - not against this generation though.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What about if they used something like this?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

True. In the near future I do believe that most people won't be owning anything.

There's a push for people to live in apartments.

There's a push for people to lease cars.

Rent this, rent that. Can't stand it.

I can see them saying that we can't own stoves and knives because of the dangers of burning down the apartments, or accidentally or purposefully cutting someone. We'll all have to spend more money to order food, or have someone make.

We have to spend spend spend. It's good for the economy. It will be considered evil to save money. Don't worry about old age and retiring, you'll either be stuck in a old folks home or provided with welfare that way we can keep spending in old age.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
What about if they used something like this?

edit on 2-7-2020 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Oh yeah. I could see China banning the rising sun. Makes sense.

You know, I do think I recall hearing that people aren't allowed to fly the Imperial flag in Japan because of it's relation to WW2, but i think that's about the extent of the ban. I don't think it's completely forbidden because I've seen some contemporary animations that have portrayals of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

HAHA

I can't find anything offensive about that flag. Perfect for the clown world we live in.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Narrator:
"Them Duke boys had seen a lot, but neither one of 'em could explain the sight of Boss Hogg and Uncle Jessie wearing BDSM gear and high heels while Daisy, dressed in a Nazi uniform and wearing a Soviet hat whipped both older gentlemen with a riding crop screaming at them that the cotton "t'werent gonna pick itself."

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

I can see them saying that we can't own stoves

There are places where this is in the rental agreements. Most college dorms in north America, but also many apartments and boarding houses in other countries.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Is it the flag of ww2 the red and white with the sun a nd rays? I was under the impression it was banned as a nation al flag after WW2.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Banned as a national flag, and being able to display it are two different things.

The Confederate flag differs because people get pissy just by seeing it. Even if it's just a patch, or a fake skin on a fake car in a videogame.

And it's actually called the Imperial flag. After WW2 they literally just removed the "rays."

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: a325nt

Basic synopsis, two hillbilly boy's with a fast car carrying bootleg moonshine from some old fellow's still to sell, corrupt county sheriff, broken bridges with lot's of spectacular stunt jump's many of which trashed the cars during the making of the show but most of which were done for real and lot's of laugh's.

Usually ending up with the sheriff and his car in a ditch full of mud.

Can't find an appropriate clip but there was one that may have inspired or been inspired by James bond with a twisty broken bridge were the car jump's and spin's on it's axis before landing right side up on the other side of the river.

Wasn't moonshine running quite literally where car racing was born?

Also, isn't being an alcoholic historically linked more to native Americans more than African Americans, or typical semi modem southern white folk (English Irish French etc etc mix maybe?)

I'm very confused what the goal is, here.
Are people mad at a symbol of oppression?
Have they seen... Any of the big ones?
Are they mad at the all seeing eye on the dollar bill?
Wait have we erased that one yet?
# I need to check my cash.

Are they mad at basically every flag?
Look up some stand up comedy from Eddie izzard. Eddie has an excellent explanation of flags and why they're all symbols of being killed a bunch of people because reasons.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
ATS more outraged over removal of confederate flags and statues than decades of police violence and discrimination...

Honestly, who cares? People find the Confederate flag racist and offensive. It's in a company's best interest sometimes to limit artistic and verbal freedom as gamers tend to love trolling other players by having anything they can find offensive next to their name. Or car in this case.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

It may have been, I remember the show making me want some shine as a kid and I don't even drink (Well on special occasion's or the odd table spoon of whisky for a sore throat on occasion).

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Man, if you think simply discussing the subject is being outraged...

Honestly, you sound more outraged that people are talking about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join