It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft will ban Forza players who add the confederate flag to their digital cars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.theverge.com...

If you play Forza Horizon or Forza Motorsport, you have some freedom to personalize cars in the game, even adding your own custom designs. One popular example: players have used the feature to recreate the General Lee, the 1969 Dodge Charger from The Dukes of Hazzard, in almost every single Forza game since at least 2007.

Friday, Microsoft updated its enforcement guidelines to have a zero-tolerance policy for any player using the confederate flag or other symbols that represent “notorious iconography,” including Nazi imagery and the rising sun, which can be a symbol of Japanese imperialism.

In recent weeks, debates surrounding the modern display of the confederate flag have resurfaced amid protests in the US against systemic racism. Several institutions, which previously allowed displays of the flag, including the US Marine Corps and NASCAR, have banned the flag and depictions of it in its entirety, while lawmakers in Mississippi voted on Monday to remove the emblem from its state flag.

More censorship from large companies. Players using unapproved symbols on their digital cars will be banned from using the product they've paid for.

Along with this issue, I feel the need to bring up the other issue of one sided terms of service agreements, the fact that companies can change agreements after a product has been paid for and the only consent required by the second party is the continued use of their product is utter bull#.

In no other kind of business do contracts work this way. Yet with online tech companies it's taken as a matter of fact that as a party to this contract, you have zero say in any changes they decide to make.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
but the Kekistani flag is safe?

What about my Chazistani flag?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Is the America Flag still kosher?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Microsoft runs the servers for this game?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

When I was a small boy all that flag meant to me was Dukes of Hazard and since I had a bit of a childhood crush on Daisy and we all loved the car the General Lee to me was just a car.

But then as I grew up I learned more about what it really represented and it began to look pretty much like a slightly less evil version of the Nazi Swastika.

There is nothing wrong with having hero's and role models but when those hero's were the enemy's of freedom and democracy, when they were tearing a country apart just so some rich git's could keep people in chain's the confederate leadership were NOT Hero's they were villain's plain and simple.

That said there is something to holding history dear, instead of destroying these Rebellious statues erected to honour villain's they should have other monument's erected right across from them to the leaders and generals that defeated them and between them a wall naming the known number and the estimated number of men who died on both sides with some tales about were they had come from since many of them were actually migrant's to the US, most of whom even on the confederate side were not bothered about slavery let alone even supported it since many of them had fled slave like conditions themselves but were actually just men fighting for there new homeland and family's.

These statues to the leaders that led men to there death's just to support a tiny minority of slave owning cotton barons' are actually an insult to those men whom they led to there death's.

But destroying statues is not the way to go, erecting new and more true statues and monument's telling a more honest history is.

Is it not true that in the entire history of your nation MORE US American's (though some were definitely confederate Johnny reb's) died in the civil war than in any other conflict to date.

Still Blue Belly's for ever and they are the closest to your modern marines, Semper Fidelis always faithful since the Blue Belly's though not all saint's by any mean's were fighting FOR the US not against it so STAYED FAITHFUL to there OATH of allegiance at least.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

What about video games where you are able to play as German Nazis during ww2?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The only recourse to the M$ thought police is to not play the game , not buy anything from M$ again and boycot the next XBox , they won't listen to players so kick them in the wallet.

Big business is the reason games are so generic these days , they're not for gamers they're for profit , if a business offends you the only option is to defund them , they may see us as cattle to be milked but we still have teeth.
Screw M$ !

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don’t play the game but disappointed that another company has succumbed to the insane mob.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Is the America Flag still kosher?

For now. Though, I don't know about tomorrow or next week.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Nb4 "But it's a game owned by a corporation. You merely pay to play it. Freedom of speech doesn't apply to online."

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So if I am not able to play a SJW in a video game how do I know my character isn't a fascist?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Nb4 "But it's a game owned by a corporation. You merely pay to play it. Freedom of speech doesn't apply to online."

To which I say my dollar says I can say what the # ever I want.

^___^

my truth.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Since the flag represents Nazi's can I put a swastika on my car or how about a rising sun flag?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Someone can ask a lawyer about that. If I bought the game 3 months ago, under their t&c, I entitled to play however I want.

If they want to chance the rules now, ignoring the previous agreement, I'd tell them I want a refund.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88 cherry picked some info there. Players will only be banned if reported, basically meaning dont use it in online play. You can still play the game with designs of your choosing. If you dont like it, dont buy it.

Edit: to all the ge houses saying they'll sue for $60 or whatever, read the terms and conditions. It literally took me 30 seconds to find "Forza has a ZERO tolerance policy for hate speech, violent acts, obscene imagery and/or cheating. Anything of this nature will result in a permanent suspension. Please note that further behavior of this type in other Forza titles, social channels or streams will result in more stringent enforcement action, up to and including further permanent suspension of accounts and/or associated PCs and consoles both in game and on Xbox Live." Good luck, lol

edit on 2-7-2020 by bender151 because: Because

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: dug88 cherry picked some info there. Players will only be banned if reported, basically meaning dont use it in online play. You can still play the game with designs of your choosing. If you dont like it, dont buy it.

Edit: to all the ge houses saying they'll sue for $60 or whatever, read the terms and conditions. It literally took me 30 seconds to find "Forza has a ZERO tolerance policy for hate speech, violent acts, obscene imagery and/or cheating. Anything of this nature will result in a permanent suspension. Please note that further behavior of this type in other Forza titles, social channels or streams will result in more stringent enforcement action, up to and including further permanent suspension of accounts and/or associated PCs and consoles both in game and on Xbox Live." Good luck, lol

This

originally posted by: Trueman
Someone can ask a lawyer about that. If I bought the game 3 months ago, under their t&c, I entitled to play however I want.

If they want to chance the rules now, ignoring the previous agreement, I'd tell them I want a refund.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I've never even seen the dukes of hazard, bit I know that car.
Guess now I'll never see it, won't be long before the entire franchise is censored out of existence

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

I think that is why they stopped doing re-run's over here in Britain but at least in the US you should still be able to see old episodes and if you look online there are sure to be many sites that still have them for you to watch.

Basic synopsis, two hillbilly boy's with a fast car carrying bootleg moonshine from some old fellow's still to sell, corrupt county sheriff, broken bridges with lot's of spectacular stunt jump's many of which trashed the cars during the making of the show but most of which were done for real and lot's of laugh's.

Usually ending up with the sheriff and his car in a ditch full of mud.

Can't find an appropriate clip but there was one that may have inspired or been inspired by James bond with a twisty broken bridge were the car jump's and spin's on it's axis before landing right side up on the other side of the river.

Still this will have to do, they made a movie but it was not as good as the old series.

These were not deliverance hillbilly's but lovable ones, rogues and all.

And you are correct, censorship in some cases has gone too far but in other's not far enough, who really wants there kid's exposed to homosexual cartoon characters while having history blotted out and hey I am not homophobic or anything just think it is very wrong to indoctrinate kid's, next they will be legalizing pedo's or worse.

edit on 2-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I would agree, but with the way games, movies, and music are now the only way you actually own it is if you buy a physical copy of it.

You buy a digital copy of it and you run the risk of the provider removing it from their service for whatever reason, regardless of how much you paid for it.

And that pisses me of to no extent. Especially when it can be hard to get a hold of physical copies.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

The rising sun star isn't banned anywhere as far as I know. If it is the ban isn't as prolific as the Nazi flags, or now the Confederate flag. I see the rising sun more often than naught. I guarantee you if you pull up a custom skin on Forza you'll see a rising sun.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join