It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another nonsense cancel ( Master bedrooms)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I really feel that the folks have gone off the rails with this PC Cancel culture
Now a Texas real estate company will no longer use the term Master Bedroom/bathroom!!!

www.ctvnews.ca...

Amid increasing calls for racial justice, "master" has fallen out of favor due to its association with slavery.

The Court of Master Sommeliers, which grants wine stewards the sought-after "master sommelier" title following the passage of an exam, said it will no longer use the term before a sommelier's last name.

I really feel like that is stretching,

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfect stranger

Wait until they come after technology for the use of master/slave drives and such.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

What are they gonna do with Grandmaster Flash?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I can think of a few instances where this will lead to the left eating it's own. Perhaps once enough of them are devoured, someone with a tiny bit of common sense will step up. So far, the leadership all around seems to be nothing but idiots and re-ree's.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well damm I guess thats the end of Kung-fu movies starwars will finally rip and well just surrender chess to the machines

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Shhhh that would be bad. once "they " realize it's toast

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I'm Old I needed to look that one up

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The left is eating itself alive. I love it.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Its not just Texas, im sure its across the nation as it is happening here in PA. My coworker noticed it on her own while looking at listings

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
They already have. No more black/white list either.

a reply to: AutomateThis1

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

In all fairness the idiots should now ban all streets and instances of the words "Queen" and "King"

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If the term master is erased from the language how will anyone know if they are slave?

"
For some reason they were nicknamed memory holes. When one knew that any document was due for destruction, or even when one saw a scrap of waste paper lying about, it was an automatic action to lift the flap of the nearest memory hole and drop it in, whereupon it would be whirled away on a current of warm air to the enormous furnaces which were hidden somewhere in the recesses of the building." -George Orwell 1984

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

No more master chefs, craftsmen. masters BBQ sauce, to name a few.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Why do you care so much? How does this affect you for the worse or enough to bitch about it? How does it diminish your life?

Serious question.

It doesn't me, I couldn't care less, it what some people call a freakin' room. So what?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wonder what they will change the title Master Chief in the Navy to?
edit on 29-6-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfect stranger
I really feel that the folks have gone off the rails with this PC Cancel culture
Now a Texas real estate company will no longer use the term Master Bedroom/bathroom!!!

www.ctvnews.ca...

Amid increasing calls for racial justice, "master" has fallen out of favor due to its association with slavery.

The Court of Master Sommeliers, which grants wine stewards the sought-after "master sommelier" title following the passage of an exam, said it will no longer use the term before a sommelier's last name.

I really feel like that is stretching,

On the bright side once the word Master is eradicated we'll be treated to eradication of other words. Just as soon as they can agree on some, that is.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
All Masters degrees are now toast.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

If the term master is erased from the language how will anyone know if they are slave?

What makes you think it will be "erased from language?"

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
People who think they have the power to dictate your use of words can make up rules all day long.

They can change the wording in their ads and say "primary" bedroom all day long. But, YOU don't have to comply. I will always say 'master' bedroom and 'master' bath when describing the room or discussing it with a realtor...and I dare him/her to correct me.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Someone needs to relieve them of their master and slave cylinders.
The slaves are getting upity, time to make the word taboo.
Lmao
This is lamer than that state that tracked down the guy with the boogaloo license plate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join