It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rich and Poor will grow further apart and not just by money

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Hypntick

I actually said "most" renters...lol..

I would say 25% are great renters.
50% are generally good
And 25% are God awful hell spawn.

I'm a great renter. I pay my rent on time without fail, keep the property in good condition and treat it with respect etc...

I reported a blown down fence in the back garden 5 years ago. I periodically politely remind my landlord about it, because it appears he keeps forgetting about it.
Also around last November it started raining indoors whenever it rained outside. I reported this too. The landlord sent a roofer round to have a look at the roof. The roofer told me it's gonna be a massive job and sent the quote to my landlord. It still rains indoors to this day. The water damage is getting quite bad. I do what I can to the upstairs ceilings so it doesn't look so awful, out of my own pocket.

My landlord also puts my rent up by 25 quid every two years. I don't think I've had a pay rise for 6 or 7 years.

I'm planning on moving elsewhere soon. I have no doubt my landlord will attempt to keep my deposit to pay for his own neglect.

I would say 25% of landlords need to be tarred and feathered.
50% need a slap round the face.
25% need their eyelids cut off.
edit on 30 6 2020 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Rioters look for easy victims not a fair fight.

And as a "landlord" myself I don't have much sympathy for most renters.

you know as a landlord you bias comes from the fact that you have to deal with multiple tenants, unless your the landlord of your own backyard grandmas hut. Tenants only have to interact with you and maybe if you have an office, your employee. So when you say you have no sympathy for tenants, I know people suck but damn. If you just had to worry about one place, you most likely wouldn't feel that way. Money money money... I live in a house so I thank god i don't have to deal with it. Wrangling for my deposit, asking when the repairs to my heater or ac will be done. Paying for renovations but not receiving them because the landlords waiting me out. lolol nightmares produced by monsters...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

From what I know and heard, landlords are scum in the UK because they know tenants have more power over them in the short term. So they do bare minimum until things get bad, and play the roulette for the long term battle.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
What I don't understand is, if great renters are so hard to come by and you already have one in your property, why let it get to the point of that renter wanting to move out and risk the 75% chance that your next tenant won't be a great one? It'll be 50/50 that you'll be stuck with a hellspawn.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join