It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rich and Poor will grow further apart and not just by money

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Missouri Couple Points Guns At Protesters Marching Past Their Home

With all the riots what do you want to bet new communities will add extra layers of security?
Can't legally protest in a HOA because the roads are owned by the community.
I think we might even see schools/stores and everything necessary within HOAs in the future.

The whole HOA phenomenon is interesting and hurts society as a whole.
Maybe it will be like the movie Elysium soon.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

When God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah he said among there other crimes that they had NOT STRENGTHENED THE HAND OF THE POOR.

Leave them to God then will definitely, no if's, no but's and no way out because some fake minister say's so, get there comeuppance.

By that I mean the corporate leaders and rich politician's as well as the frankly not nice people that like to see other's squirm in poverty because it gives them a false sense of power.

edit on 29-6-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

It's a good thing those protesters were ''peaceful''. Had they not been so there could easily have been a few of them with guns of their own.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Over one third of Americans rent their living space. Be it a house, an apartment or just a room. With so many low paid workers now out of work, just how long will it be before the ''landlord'' begins evicting tenants either pushing them to live with friends of family or in the worst case, out into the streets.

I wonder if that couple own that mansion. Was it a mansion? Looked like one to me. Interesting that they were the only two adults there. Maybe they live there alone? Maybe they could take in a few of the newly evicted homeless.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Rioters look for easy victims not a fair fight.

And as a "landlord" myself I don't have much sympathy for most renters.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This isn’t about rich and poor. This is more about constant government income. In my rural area if a rabble comes looking for trouble, it’s lock and load.

I will not stand on the sidelines while people are being attacked.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

TextWith so many low paid workers now out of work, just how long will it be before the ''landlord'' begins evicting tenants either pushing them to live with friends of family or in the worst case, out into the streets.

It is going to happen real soon. Landlords will do one of two things, get out of the market to make way for corporate slumlords, or they will require 6 months rent up front...

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, what do you really expect? This sort of situation has been hashed over on ATS for weeks. What would you do if you and your family and property were threatened by the mob?
Quite a few on here advocated exactly what these people are doing. They are NOT shooting, but you bet your bottom Dollar if they attacked the family or house gunfire would be heard.
SO, what would you do?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

This isn’t about rich and poor.

It's always about rich and poor, everything else is just noise.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I agree, but not for the same reason.

Most of the protestors are incredibly priviliged upper middle class types who spend their time disrupting and destroying the properties and workplaces of the poor.

It’d certainly annoy me. I don’t like the rich much as is.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

SO, what would you do?

Oh without question I'd protect my family first, home second.
I just see where all of this is heading a mile away.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If someone starts out poor in life and becomes rich through hard work you still don't like them. Bezos started that business in his garage when other people were smoking pot and playing pool in their garage...meh.

I just don't get the hatred for those with money. If people were starving to death in the US sure but that's not what is going on. People just want stuff they do not need and don't want to put in the work required to earn it by and large. They also love to blame others and never themselves for their circumstances. I would like to take some of these people and showcase all the poor choices they made in life that got them in their situation.

edit on 29-6-2020 by FlyinHeadlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Rioters look for easy victims not a fair fight.

And as a "landlord" myself I don't have much sympathy for most renters.

A little off topic, but do you think you'll continue to be a landlord?
The people I know have mostly sold.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

I would like to take some of these people and showcase all the poor choices they made in life that got the in their situation.

As a person that has had three jobs at one time in my youth I totally agree.
As I've gotten older, I also understand that some people need more help than others.
I also understand that to help the weakest in society usually benefits all. I just think we have been "helping"
in the wrong manner.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I had 11 houses a couple years ago and I'm down to 6 right now.
So I imagine in another year or two I will be out totally.

When I buy a home I remodel everything and it takes a few years to break even.

It's not easy to make a profit.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
With people starving in the world, without fresh water, shelter, no electricity, no access to a medical doctor, not even access to a close ER where does that put most Americans on the poverty scale.

If one puts basic needs at the starting point of poverty most Americans who claim or deemed as living in poverty are actually very wealthy. Amazing how we view poverty as someone living in a mobile home with a 2005 Toyota Corrola who has food, water electricity and an ER down the road as living in poverty .

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The USAs gini-index is on par with third-world countries under plutocratic regimes.

That is indeed something which can cause riots.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Rome will burn slowly but surely.

The facade of greatness is gone, the veil is lifted.

MAGa. Trump 2020.

He’s got on his Twitter

edit on 29-6-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
The USAs gini-index is on par with third-world countries under plutocratic regimes.

That is indeed something which can cause riots.

Have you ever been to the US. Ever see third world poor with Apple phones, PlayStation 4, Xbox, nice Nike shoes, gold chains. That's what our poor look like in much of the US.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

So then, as a landlord yourself, what are your business plans concerning that point when your tenants cannot pay their rent due to the shut down and lack of jobs? Will you cut them some slack or just give them the boot. And if you give them the boot, are you really expecting that other renters with more financial security will rent from you? Wouldn't those renters already be renting from someone else?

Do you have any idea where the market for renting will just bottom out and no one will be able to rent from you any more? Where do you hope to find new renters?

And if the rental market bottoms out, who do you suppose will buy your rentals, certainly not someone who also wants to be a landlord.

And what if there is a general ''renters strike''. What if in a ''strike, millions of people decide to just not leave? What would you do then, take them to court. In that case wouldn't the courts be filled with others in the same boat?

Or maybe you will just seek to have them evicted by LEOs.

See, I do not have any idea of what goes on in the mind of a landlord, so these are honest questions.
Maybe you could do a thread on your speculations on the future of landlording. That would be interesting.

I would never be a landlord myself, having to go into business with people I have no respect for. In your case though, I guess that's ok.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join