It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Restaurant Of The Future" - KFC Unveils Automated Store With Robots And Food Lockers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Not sure if this was the most correct forum, but here goes....

Such a strange? turn in the business world. Or is it?

We have been reading about robots taking over jobs for a long time right?

Somehow, this just doesn't seem right.

And of course, it sounds like unless you are TOTALLY in a digital chip like world, a cash transaction seems undoable.

Fast-food chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) has debuted the "restaurant of the future," one where automation dominates the storefront, and little to no interaction is seen between customers and employees, reported NBC News.

After the chicken is fried and sides are prepped by humans, the order is placed on a conveyor belt and travels to the front of the store. A robotic arm waits for the order to arrive, then grabs it off the conveyor belt and places it into a secured food locker.

Fast-food chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) has debuted the "restaurant of the future," one where automation dominates the storefront, and little to no interaction is seen between customers and employees, reported NBC News.

On second thought.... McDonalds might improve with robots.... at least your order might arrive in one piece. Instead of all messed up, cheese half of the burger, etc...Ha!

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Finally! I hope that stores are next. I don't want to deal with rude neanderthal apes

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Not good enough. There are still people in the back screwing with the food. I want robots back there slaughtering chickens and holding them in the deep fryer with their bare metal hands.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I would encourage homeless people to steal food from the lockers.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

Initially, I was going to just respond to the thread OP and then I saw your reply... I'm still chuckling as I write this many minutes later!
To be honest, I can completely relate to your mirthful sentiments concerning food prep despite my concerns about how automation and AI will inevitably render most 'human' jobs obsolete. Until coronavirus, I just couldn't understand how the globalists would introduce things like UBI (universal basic income), reduced carbon footprint, vastly increased surveillance, curfews, moving those rural to the urban cities, etc. I no longer wonder how these things will be accomplished and I can see how things are quickly and permanently changing towards a Novus ordo Seclorum. On the one hand I can marvel at the coming changes but at the same time I am greatly concerned about how many accolytes truly believe in the things that are written, literally in stone, on the Geogia Guidestones:

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.

Unite humanity with a living new language.

Rule passion – faith – tradition – and all things with tempered reason.

Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

Avoid petty laws and useless officials.

Balance personal rights with social duties.

Prize truth – beauty – love – seeking harmony with the infinite.

Be not a cancer on the earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature.

I collect quotes about overpopulation, depopulation, etc. and have verified numerous quotes from people such as Boris Johnson, Bill Nye, Bernia Sanders, Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Al Gore, Kofi Annan, Cameron Diaz, Margaret Sanger, Jane Goodall, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Jacques Costeau, Prince Phillip, etc. I collect them to prove to others how many of the elites truly believe in the 1970's study, "The Limits to Growth" that was created by the Club of Rome. Id rather not list them all here as it is quite exhaustive... however one quote, in particular, strikes me as quite bold, honest and directly to the point so I will share it.

“I’m pro-choice, I’m for assisted suicide, I’m for regular suicide, I’m for whatever gets the freeway moving – that’s what I’m for. It’s too crowded, the planet is too crowded and we need to promote death.”

- HBO personality, Bill Maher

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: badwhiskey

The planet IS too crowded, to be fair.
As much as I hate the idea of government, the Georgia guide stones have some good points.

Go to a lake, what do you see? Summer homes with less than twenty feet between personal docks.
Rich people show up a few weeks a year and dump chlorine in the water so their personal little sand bar doesn't grow any vegetation.

500 million people is plenty.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
And the idea can be sold on the Covid fears...isn’t that a lovely synchronicity?

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

This is also a direct response to the $15 an hour crowd.
Add in the covid scare and people’s desire to not use a cashier and you get fast food robots.

No mistakes
No diseases
No vacations
No sick days

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
Finally! I hope that stores are next. I don't want to deal with rude neanderthal apes

You mean the customers?? XD

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

Ummm...well...why don’t you volunteer to reduce the overpopulation...by one...?

YouSir

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

I had a feeling this would pop up sooner rather than later. I know a lot of folks don't think we're quite there with automation, this prototype store proves otherwise. Now if it actually becomes a cost saving measure I imagine it will be implemented in a reasonably quick fashion, if it's just down to sanitation but no cost benefit I don't see it sticking around just yet.

new topics

top topics

join