It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Bill Proposes Suspending Due Process During COVID-19

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
HB 4212 incudes a clause that would allow the Oregon SCOTUS to suspend due process.

Authorizes Chief Justice of Supreme Court, during emergency period and for 60 days thereafter, and upon finding of good cause, to extend or suspend time period or time requirement in rule or statute in specified court proceedings. Authorizes presiding judge of circuit court to extend custody and postpone trials upon finding of good cause, and within specified limits.

So they can arrest you and hold you indefinitely.

Requires Director of Department of Consumer and Business Services to adopt temporary and permanent rules establishing emergency temporary infectious disease standards. Directs Oregon Health Authority to adopt rules regarding race and ethnicity data collection by health care providers. Declares emergency, effective on passage.

And say what?

Immunizes owner, officer, operator, employee or agent of isolation shelter, or public entity, from civil liability that is predicated on claim of illness, injury or death from COVID-19.

What's an isolation shelter?

What are they doing in Oregon?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The left just want to demolish all aspects of the Constitution.

They are sick.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

You do realize there is no left and right?

Just pick your poison and die, is the deal.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Damn, keep it up liberally ran Dem states, oh Bev Clarno is all alone and helpless to stop it.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

BS, it all comes down to who wants to change or modify your Constitutional rights and despite the crap lousy performance of the GOP, at the very least, they refuse to touch that, which is a plus and positive.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I mean, they haven't passed this ... yet, but that anyone would think to write this at all is disturbing, and it's not a specific emergency period, but any emergency period.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

BS, it all comes down to who wants to change or modify your Constitutional rights and despite the crap lousy performance of the GOP, at the very least, they refuse to touch that, which is a plus and positive.

The only rights i have are those i make, those old farts have nothing to do with it. they have been keeping us chained like dogs for thousands of years now, always stirring (SNIP) up when it starts to look like they are losing control.

Freedom? What a joke.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So cross the west coast off my list of places to visit cause they have lost their ever loving minds.

Whats in the water out there sheesh.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
they also said black people don't need to wear masks.

clown world

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What's an isolation shelter?

On June 16, 2020, the City learned about Marion County’s Department of Health & Human Services’ intent to convert the 81-room Woodburn Super 8 Motel into a COVID-19 Isolation Shelter. The shelter will house individuals with confirmed exposure to COVID-19. These types of isolation facilities are included as part of Governor Brown’s phased reopening requirements.

And who is it for?

Marion County’s Woodburn Shelter is intended to serve people who, after a confirmed exposure to COVID-19, do not have access to a residence where they can safely self-isolate without posing risk to others. The City has been informed that this will include inmates being released by the Oregon Department of Corrections, the Marion County Jail, farmworkers, houseless and possible others.

Link

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Bill Barr suggest something like that just a few short weeks ago? And Republicans and Dems in Congress said, um, no! And in this case also, um, no!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The only rights i have are those i make, those old farts have nothing to do with it. they have been keeping us chained like dogs for thousands of years now, always stirring (SNIP) up when it starts to look like they are losing control.

Freedom? What a joke.
Ah, so you're just stubborn and whos been keeping us chained for thousands of years now? I think you have other demons to fight and worry about.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is what I found on the Oregon.gov site:

2020 Session
House Bill 4212
Authorizes governing bodies of public bodies, other than State of Oregon, to conduct all public meetings using telephone or video conferencing technology or through other electronic or virtual means. Source

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
... "Directs Oregon Health Authority to adopt rules regarding race and ethnicity data collection"...

What races? Human's and pigs?
Do all Americans agree on science facts?
Did anybody teach you guys that there is in fact but one human race. We're all in it.

And ohw yeah... Do a better job in defining skincolor. Skincolor is an actual color. Ranging from from a very light shade to a very dark one.
It's not white and it's not black. Those are actually different colors. The name of the color of your skin is: skincolor.
Stop calling or naming it different because you all sound like a bunch of dummies.
Nobody on this planet is either black nor white.
It' s foolish.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Freedom? What a joke.
Ah, so you're just stubborn and whos been keeping us chained for thousands of years now? I think you have other demons to fight and worry about.

If i am stubborn then you are blind.

I am talking about the 0.01%, you know, the Monopoly guy.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Oregon Bill Proposes Suspending Due Process During COVID-19

Authorizes Chief Justice of Supreme Court, during emergency period and for 60 days thereafter, and upon finding of good cause, to extend or suspend time period or time requirement in rule or statute in specified court proceedings. Authorizes presiding judge of circuit court to extend custody and postpone trials upon finding of good cause, and within specified limits.

More like it would allow the chief justice to redefine "a speedy" trial. What needs to happen is the suspension of cash bail requirements, even if temporarily because of a health emergency.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
the book 1984 was meant to be a warning.... written in 1948

V for vendetta was an updated warning ... 2005

we had the disastrous history of hitler, Mussolini, imperial japan, Pol Pot, the russian revolution, the Chinese culteral revolution, Venezuela , Ethiopia, and most countries on the african continent .

now add that during the civil war abraham lincoln did this very thing, the supreme court declared it constitutional, and he still did it anyway.

along with FDR interned AMERICAN CITIZENS of Japanese decent .

how in hell can we as a nation continue down this path.

we have the above warnings, actual historical events and access to the internet to look up even more facts.

yet we are not rising up to counter this...

i guess one more pointed quote from a movie is now applying here

"this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause" (star wars II attack of the clones)

scrounger

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I work for a local water company for 29 years its not the water. please believe me.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

i looked at the bill, but did not see anything you stated in your opening post. could you post the information please?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

olis.oregonlegislature.gov... -> Link to the text of Bill that is posted. Found with simple Google search for Oregon HB4212.

There is a little button that says "click to expand" and all this information is under that button.

top topics

join