It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MDA Schedules Busy Year of Testing in 2005 (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This year, the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) is planning on a busy year of testing various missile defense systems. These various missile defense systems include both ground- and sea-based interceptor systems.

space.com
After a relatively quiet 2004, the U.S. Missile Defense Agency (MDA) has a full battery of flight tests scheduled this year of both ground- and sea-based interceptor systems, agency officials said.

If all goes according to plan, 2005 will see three intercept tests of the Ground-based Midcourse Defense system, including the first in which the kill vehicle is launched from California rather than the Kwajalein Atoll, according to U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. Henry "Trey" Obering, the MDA’s director.

There also will be another test of the Aegis sea-based missile shield, which successfully intercepted a target missile in February, and a resumption of flight testing of the Theater High Altitude Area Defense System after a two-year hiatus, Obering told reporters in a March 9 conference call.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I, personally, think that this will help the US security and thus, help the common American citizen. Although this testing will coast a lot of money, it will be well worth it. I hope that all the missile defense systems pass with "flying colors" because this will only help the security of the country.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'd like to see a anti-suitcase-nuke defence program, too. If the point of missle defence is to stop Krazy Kim or avert the consequences of an accidental launch, the investment is worth it; but if we get nuked, I think the first wave will come from pre-positioned warheads.

join