It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another peaceful shooting in chaz/chop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I'm not sure about how it was before this CHAZ/CHOP thing, but it used to be a pretty friendly area where any shooting would be a very rare thing. Maybe some of the people here that live in the area might chime in about that.

I'm betting that there will be another shooting tonight, since the bags of human remains are still a top story.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So Seattle's mayor just made a statement on TV about this weekends shootings. She covered all the shootings that happened across the country, but little about the CHOP shooting except to point out that only blacks were shot. Nothing about taking the area back, or fixing the community, or getting the help to the people that have lived there for years, nor did she say anything about dealing with the people behind this other than to point out that she is talking to black organizations.

She also seems to be pushing the whole "Peaceful Gatherings" of the area still. She also is hinting at reducing the Police's ability to do their jobs. She's also talking about handing over more city properties to the community (ie the insurrectionists) Durkin is also talking about making black community zones in Seattle, not that that sounds racist or anything. She also doesn't want the police to be the first responders to emergencies? I hope somebody else can put their input on that since that sounded stupid to me.

She also wants social workers to be part of the emergency response teams (this isn't a bad idea, but where will the city get the money for that). So with that her updated information about the shootings, went right out the window by her pandering to the groups behind the shootings. She refused to address the issue of gang violence that the people that were there said this looked like, nor did she say a damn thing about people like Raz that are only feeding the situation.

Police Chief Best started to talk but started out by thanking everyone that's there as opposed to talking about the subject, or even discussing the bags of human remains that showed up on the beach. At least Best is talkign about the crimewave taking place inside the CHOP. Best also just went off on the city council for tying the hands of the police with hasty politics. She is still talking but I have to go do somethings for a bit.

I'll post a linky if I can get one after I get back.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: BadBoYeed

I wonder what the normal amount of shootings in that area was before now?

For all we know 2 shot tings is less than normal. lol

This actually used to be great community full f small local business and good food, I have a friend with a great street food business on the edge of this, another few friends live too close for me to feel they are very safe.

So no, this neighborhood didn't have that many shootings or violence before this, just the normal high amount of junkies. It's just a college and alternative lifestyle neighborhood, the locals really don't want this and are getting scared since their neighborhood got targeted.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

How many of the locals are speaking out?
How many have joined chaz?

Anyone have any info on that?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
And a thrid shooting in the love fest called CHOP.

A man was injured Tuesday morning in the third shooting in three days near the Capitol Hill Organized Protest zone, also known as CHOP.

The Seattle Police Department tweeted just before 5 a.m. that officers were investigating a shooting near the intersection of 11th Avenue and East Denny Way. The intersection marks the northeast corner of Cal Anderson Park, which is near the CHOP.

It is unclear the exact location where the shooting took place.

The Seattle Fire Department said crews were dispatched to a designated area near the perimeter of the CHOP around 4:40 a.m. after receiving reports of a shooting victim requiring emergency medical attention.

I'm betting that the more people are interested in the luggage bags of human remains, the more the next shooting will happen. These two events are clearly connected, the question is why?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

How many of the locals are speaking out?
How many have joined chaz?

Anyone have any info on that?

There's been a ton of noise on reddit complaining about it, the yt video of a scared local pretty much sums up what many of the residents feel, either scared to say anything, or getting constantly harassed for not agreeing with the mob. Many of the angry mob videos at night you notice locals either trying to avoid the protest or are angrily shouting their complaints.

I do not have info on how many locals are duped into joining now, here's an article about locals wanting this over: Seattle residents demand life get back to normal

But they have made their demands clear on a barricade: Defund SPD by 50% now, fund black communities and free all protesters

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I heard 2 bangs early morning today in chaz and a couple of minutes later another bang.
Rumors say 2 wounded but only one shot fired - fireworks for other bangs.
Another rumor said one shot fired and no injuries at all.
3 Shots fired, 2 people hit, another one knocked out.

CHAZ Media..

Idk what really happened, maybe its on witter

/There may have been a situation around 4:30~5:00 am which led to shots fired at around 5:00~6:00am, someone also mentioned there was a Covid case, or not..
edit on 23-6-2020 by Drazzl because: info

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Drazzl

This is why I have a scanner radio app on my phone now, they are shutting down i-5 traffic nightly and shooting rocks at traffic on the I-90 too.

How long have you lived here? and do you like it now?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Drazzl

Four people shot in the past 4 days. The most recent was 5 a.m. this morning.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
That is what they do. They cause a problem and then blame it one somebody else. Like hunger strikes in prisons.

reply to: BadBoYeed

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I do not live there, luckily.

It seems most of the Chaz/Chop population fled the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join