It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I have My Advertising Back Please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Dear Boss or Mods....

I do NOT use an adblocker on ATS and never have since the T&C made it a clear no no, yet I still get NO advertising.

I have checked if it's my settings in case something was wrong but still cannot see a single piece of advertising anywhere on any page throughout the site that I would normally visit.

I realise I may have earned an ad free "privilege" many years ago for contributions but I no longer want it for obvious reasons and have to ask why it is still in effect. Seems crazy with the news we have just been given.

The ONLY ads I can find after searching the whole site were actually on the search page. Ironic. All of them about digital marketing and web strategies....sheesh!

Please, can someone flick a switch, check some code or show me where it is so I can do it wiv me hammer. I checked my account settings and profile and turned over every rock I can find to no avail.

Anyone else in this situation and do staff realise this is maybe more widespread and not willful blocking?

ps, the lack of ATS revenue from ME has been negated. I feel ATS has robbed itself to end up in the situation it is in if this applies to many members.

I also believe it may have something to do with the "Way Above Top Secret" score calculation. The only thread I could find with information was here..and one of Skeptic Overlord's comments:

The advertising-negation/limits for members are based on the "Way Above Top Secret" formula where scores are relative to the entire membership, not absolute.

So some member's relative score may decline if others overtake them.

What Happened to the old commitment for high quality, high level posters to not see ads?

If revenue is/was a serious issue, shouldn't the privilege have been wiped for everyone, on every page, always?

I hate ads, but love ATS.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Given the current state of online advertising supply-side and demand-side automated auctions, and the current revenue average across ads - if you were getting ads, and we tracked the generated revenue from just your ads, it wouldn't be more than $25 for all of 2020.

So please don't worry.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Given the current state of online advertising supply-side and demand-side automated auctions, and the current revenue average across ads - if you were getting ads, and we tracked the generated revenue from just your ads, it wouldn't be more than $25 for all of 2020.

So please don't worry.

Well....sh#t.

That certainly makes it real.

If the most a site can get is $25/yr per user, the ad supported model is clearly verklempt.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I never got advertising here, I don't even have ads blocked on this site, I disabled that when they were discussing it a few years ago, but it didn't do anything., I do block tracking and that kind of stuff on all sites. I cannot even find the place to unblock ads on a site on firefox anymore. It used to be there.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
SO, have you considered looking into iNet Interactive? They also run another forum that I am a part of, and it always seemed that the changes they've made were always for the better. It may be worth looking into in order to keep ATS alive.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I am not worried.

I just wish there was a way out that you would consider for your financing but it seems you have given up without trying and have almost reverted to apathy.

Ads from members could add a couple of noughts per year to your figure and remove many of the headaches.

Can't you at least strip the site down, let Simon out of the trunk of your car and let him run it again?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have a problem with ad redirects. I'm not sure if that's a problem on my end or the websites. I'll gladly white list this website if that bullsh*t stops. It's just so annoying.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
No ones getting ads?

Does no one have a Call of duty season 4 ad popping up everywhere?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Im assuming the ads are targeted. Ive getting an online poker site lately as my main ad.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Strange. I am getting ads, when my ad blocker is off, on Brave browser, and when I'm not signed in.

top topics

join