It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diversity...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So there I was trying to cap off a miserable week getting ready to take a muscle relaxer to hopefully reduce the pain in my legs when I saw we got a new CMSGT of the Air Force, its a woman ok fine lets look up what she does and what she plans to do.

Mentions diversity alongside suicides...

What in the crack of zeuses butt hole is she smoking... we are setting records for suicide and in the last few weeks we had what 4 or 5 fighters crash including losing the pilot in the north sea, and she wants to mention diversity.

Her primary concerns should be first aircraft safety (we fly planes it should always be number 1) , but very close behind that should be fixing whats broken to get the suicide problem under control.

How in the ever loving F am I supposed to take someone serious that wants to toss out diversity alongside these key problems with the Air Force, Heck I would say modernizing parts procurement and getting realistic goals for new platforms rank WAY higher than Diversity!!!

I use to dread the day I retire from the military but now this on top of other things I am seeing I realize I am not cut out for the "modern" USAF.

Diversity BAH... I need a drink.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It's the position - it's political, nothing else matters. Optics matter. PC matters. Nothing else does to them at that level. The days of a military leader doing anything else, I believe, from what I seen - are gone.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

You are 100% correct, we are more worried about optics than the mission.

We have thrown away so many good airmen because they didnt look the part, I joined in 1997 and was told I had 1 thing to concern myself with is the plane safe for the crew, so they could get airborne and put bombs on target.

I have bene told my cbts are more important than aircraft maintenance, frustrates me kinda glad no matter what I want my time in the service is ending.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That's how we ended up with Obama as President.
He checked the right diversity boxes.

Unfortunately this exact thing happens all over.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Remember, when you are trapped in that burning building, the most important thing isn't whether or not the fireman who comes to save is able to haul your worthless body out. No, it's whether or not that fireman is a transperson of color.

We don't need men who can fly better than Maverick in Top Gun. We need to make sure we have transpeople of color manning our cockpits.
edit on 19-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Right. It had nothing to do with the shambles our economy was in under Bush. It had nothing to do with the phony war the Republican neo-cons got us into half way around the world.

It had nothing to do with the fact that it was almost two hundred years until the anti-diversity crowd was defeated for the first time and a Catholic was voted in as president. And it had nothing to do with the fact that it was around two hundred and fifty years until that anti-diversity club was defeated once again and the first ''other than rich white man'' was elected president.

And oh yeah, it had nothing to do with the two clowns that the Republicans put up to run against him. Two that are hated by many conservatives today.

Yeah, let's just chalk it up to he checked the right diversity box.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You missed the point.
The republicans sucked. No doubt there.

Obama was a senator with two years experience when he ran for office.

Two years.... if he was white he would have never been even considered for president.

So yeah, diversity hire.
Wait till Michelle runs....lol

edit on 19-6-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I was at one point actually entertaining the idea of reenlisting in the military, but after considering that the senior enlisted and officers have all but forgot about the actual purpose of what makes a military strong I realized it was all BS.

The final straw was when I had just finished working something like three days straight with no sleep on maintenance and repairs when my chief chewed me out for my boots being scuffed up and having no polish on them that I realized I couldn't stand the stupidity any longer.

The new standards of the military are how well a person kisses butt and how shiny their buckle is. No thanks.

My ship had the highest rates of mental breakdowns and hidden injuries of the whole fleet, and when it came to finding out what was causing it the goat locker and officers turned their backs on us. I had no faith in them. They play favorites and if you aren't a favorite you may as well just get out first chance you get.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force doesn't have anything to do with who flies the aircraft. Pilots are officers.

The CMSAF provides direction for the enlisted corps and represents their interests, as appropriate, to the American public, and to those in all levels of government. The CMSAF is appointed by the Air Force Chief of Staff (AF/CC) and serves as the senior enlisted advisor to the Air Force Chief of Staff and the Secretary of the Air Force on all issues regarding the welfare, readiness, morale, and proper utilization and progress of the enlisted force.
from Wikipedia

edit on 19-6-2020 by pthena because: spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
To be clear, I don't care who is doing the job so long as they are the *best* ones to do it. I don't want standards lowered which is the way they tend to increase diversity.

If you are a "diverse" person and you want a job, suck it up and earn it.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Welcome to 2020 where diversity is more important than experience or intelligence.

Out of compassion we put less intelligent and less skilled people into important positions just because of their skin color.

Colleges reject people with better grades and more skill . And pick people who are sub par just because of their skin color.

And putting people into important positions just because of skin color and not skill will be a huge detriment.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Was talking to the wife (another USAF veteran) and mentioned they changed the Air Force Song to be more inclusive she rolled her eyes the same as me.

I am beginning to wonder how long till we spend more time doing diversity and inclusivity classes than the whole fly fight win attitude that lead us to dominate the skies.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So did they change it to: "Off we go in to the wild blue younder at em boys/girls/gays/lesbians/trans people/binary/polysexual give 'em the [violent reference removed]?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Shhh dont give them any ideas, right now they switched everything to gender neutral and it sounds bad, well to be honest it always sounded bad but it at least flowed well.
===============================================

Another Plane down and I got not 1 but 2 emails asking me to follow links to answer questions about diversity.

We have forgotten our job, every single airmens job is to enable air crew to get airborne in the safest airplane we can give them so they can put bombs/bullets on target turn bad guys into paste and break all their stuff.

top topics

join