It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In The Matter Of Police Defunding.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Spider879

Why wasn't this a topic last year or the year before, or the year before that?

Why are we talking about defunding police after a bad cop killed an innocent man?

Sometimes the political will i'sent there although discussed for decades perhaps even centuries, this is not unique, e.g. one could talk about women's suffrage in 1776, ditto the abolition slavery, but the political will wasn't there till the uncivil war in the mid 1800s, and 1920s for women to get the vote and didn't even have the right to independently open their own bank account until the 60ts..
Timing is sometimes everything.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I think it's a distraction, personally.

The event was isolated.

A bad cop with a long history of abuse.

If we want to solve the problem, we look at who allowed him to stay on the job after 18 different events.

The cop had a "rap sheet" longer than Floyd's!

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think it's a distraction, personally.

The event was isolated.

A bad cop with a long history of abuse.

If we want to solve the problem, we look at who allowed him to stay on the job after 18 different events.

The cop had a "rap sheet" longer than Floyd's!

DB.. you do know that this is not just about the Floyd case right??...but a build up to it from similar incidents stretching back in time, beyond that case in NYC..folks sometimes complained about such incidents and nothing was done, until critical mass sayz enough is enough.
edit on 11-6-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Fine. I'll concede that.

But what the cop(s) are doing, have been doing, is already illegal.

Local DA's, mayors, governors, police administrators, police unions are to blame.

Defunding them won't make their ineptitude vanish.

Because they'll still be there, doing what they've been doing, while it is the local populations that will be harmed.

edit on 11-6-2020 by DBCowboy because: bad grammar

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
In The Matter Of Police Defunding.

Seems city charters prevent it.

Source of a Source of a Source. It's Sourception.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
In Chicago, even the police were getting in on the looting.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Maybe they thought "What the heck", since so many liberal cities are defunding police departments?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
From the Capital Hill Autonomous Zone in Seattle:

The protesters have now published a list of demands.
The list includes a number of foolish and dangerous policy proposals, including:

Defunding the police “100%,” which would include defunding pensions for retired officers and replacing them with “localized anti-crime systems.”
Abolishing the courts.
Abolishing imprisonment.
Retrying all persons of color convicted of violent offenses.
Staffing the 911 line with mental health experts.
Establishing city-wide rent control.
Banning evictions.
Socializing medicine.
Granting citizenship to illegal aliens.
Providing reparations for African Americans.
In other times or other cities, these ideas would be politically infeasible. But Seattle’s leaders are at least sympathetic to them, if not actively supporting them.

www.theblaze.com...

I won't even bother addressing the insanity of these demands.It's kind of hard to enact any kind of effective change nation wide if everybody is on a different page. As endemic as corruption is in so many government entities it's going to take a lot more organization and unity to enact any meaningful change.In the mean time, protesters are just going to be used as pawns for political party benefit.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
In Chicago, even the police were getting in on the looting.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Maybe they thought "What the heck", since so many liberal cities are defunding police departments?

There is something very fishy with Chicago's LEO, If I'm allowed to put on my conspiracy tinfoil hat for a sec, the gang violence is perhaps being fueled by them, something like the cointelpro back in the day, that concentrated level of violence is just odd, not since the era of the crack wars, which was fueled, by agents have we seen the likes of.
edit on 12-6-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join