It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millionaires Hidden Treasure Chest Worth $1M Found In Rocky Mountains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I find it odd that neither the person who found it of the place where it was found is being released.

What proof do we have that this wasn’t all a farce and he decided to end it after people have died looking for it?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

The guy who placed it confirmed it was found.

What I saw he stated the finder did not want his name released, and I wouldn't either.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

They aren’t even releasing the place it was found. Is that not odd?
There is absolutely no proof that it even existed other than hearsay and a picture of a treasure.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I find it odd that neither the person who found it of the place where it was found is being released.

If they released the name, the first call they received would be from the IRS.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You're right. I listened to a local radio talk show this morning and they were discussing the same thing. I have my doubts too, especially after reading this:

But because Fenn has provided only the vaguest information about its alleged discovery, Linda Bilyeu, whose ex-husband, Randy Bilyeu, is among at least four Coloradans who lost their lives hunting for the cache, continues to feel that the whole thing is a hoax — and that the American public is still being suckered.

"I believe he never hid the treasure," Bilyeu wrote this morning, June 8, via Facebook Messenger. "He needed attention and this is how he got it. Fenn needed more attention, which is why he said the treasure has been found with 'no proof.'"

Fenn has not responded to an inquiry from Westword.

www.westword.com...
edit on 6/8/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

I was thinking the same thing.
45% gone in a blink..

link   
He'll get a visit from the IRS this week and it will not be pleasant they will want their 50% finders fee. If somebody really found it and e mailed him that would be really stupid.

link   

I think the whole reason he supposedly hid the treasure in the first place was because he thought he was dying of cancer, but he survived, which isn’t impossible, but maybe this dude is a pathological liar and keeps lying to cover up the last lie.

I knew a person who lied about having cancer to their family. It was discovered later that they lied for the attention.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

I wouldn't have even told the guy I found it, they IRS could compel him to release the name.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

What proof do we have that this wasn’t all a farce and he decided to end it after people have died looking for it?

TBH, if I'd found it, I wouldn't have even reached out to Fenn about it. The fewer people that know about any wealth, treasures, or valuables you hold, the better your life is. I am always dumbfounded at how quickly people show their hand where found wealth is concerned. Strikes me as incredibly stupid to declare any of it, particularly if you have an outlet to liquidate it through that doesn't file the "paperwork" on it afterwards.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Debts paid???

The only thing i can think of was the author acquired debts over the years and had to pay up.

Or the irs said those are your possession and you haven't paid taxes on them for 20+ years....
edit on 8-6-2020 by Notoneofyou because: Sore hands

edit on 8-6-2020 by Notoneofyou because: My proofreading is non-existent i guess.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
That photo isn't a recent shot of the treasure, it's one that was used in an article from a few years ago. So where is the picture the supposed finder emailed to him? That's what I want to see.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I would email from an anonymous email from another country using a spoofed location, then you can also add send my regards to the IRS... Catch me if you can!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

good ca tch about the pic being old....I wouldn't have told the guy if I found it either! It could very well be a hoax and a shame 5 people died trying to find it

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I guess I can stop looking.

And get the hell out of Washington State.

I hit the jackpot.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Melt the gold!

“Hey man I was out prospectng!”

Then bury the jewels/non-gold back in the same spot!

Shave the gold off in flakes. Go back every other year and remove the rest!

Has nobody thought like a “criminal” and wondered, “How would I do it”??

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wow! How exciting! I hope it really was hidden out there and someone has truly found it. I'd love to know where it was. Pictures of it in it's actual place would be cool to see. It is terrible and sad that some have died trying to find it.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The whole hunt grew and grew over the years to something that I think shocked Forrest Fenn. He did say that if the treasure became valued at around $10m then he’d go back and get it. Maybe he ended it on his own terms although he mentions that he doesn’t know the supposed finder.

He also said that the finder should perhaps wait 30 days before doing anything, to sit tight and think about everything. This might be the start of that 30 day cooling off period.

Fair play to him shining a light on the Rocky Mountains. I had my ideas of where it was, his hunt helped inspire me when I was writing my treasure hunt book that was released this year; The Hidden Sun - An Illustrated Treasure Hunt for Real Gold. My book is to showcase my area of Banburyshire, full of history, myth and legend.

There’s a lot of personal investment that goes into both creating a hunt and solving a hunt so I hope The Thrill of the Chase ends well for both parties. I’m sure we’ll see a book, movie and documentary sometime soon.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
blisteringly obvious questions :

what evidence would people accept [ in the context of claims made hear ] ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join