It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: Idaho Must Let Trans People Change Their Birth Certificates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It could be made a point that by changing a birth certificate you would be falsifying a government document.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Whats the real issue here? If bob wants to become bob....boblia how does that affect you?

It only affects me if the government penalizes me when I call Boblia "Bob" or when I chose to tell him he is a man when in FACT he is a man. Let's hope we never get to that point where we are penalizing people for stating facts.

Ah, the slippery slope.

The government hasn't started to penalize people.

So now my next question:

Im rather young for my current position and often times we'll get a new hire that'll append "sir" to things when speaking to me.

I hate it and the first time it happens I let em know this aint that kind of environment and I'd really prefer it if they didn't.

It always stops. Some times people slip up depending on how used to saying they are, but for the most parts coworkers respect my desire to not be called sir.

Now, change "sir" to "ma'am". Would that actually kill you? To respect someone's preference?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

As long as the SSN remains the same they got you either way.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Whats the real issue here? If bob wants to become bob....boblia how does that affect you?

It only affects me if the government penalizes me when I call Boblia "Bob" or when I chose to tell him he is a man when in FACT he is a man. Let's hope we never get to that point where we are penalizing people for stating facts.

Ah, the slippery slope.

The government hasn't started to penalize people.

So now my next question:

Im rather young for my current position and often times we'll get a new hire that'll append "sir" to things when speaking to me.

I hate it and the first time it happens I let em know this aint that kind of environment and I'd really prefer it if they didn't.

It always stops. Some times people slip up depending on how used to saying they are, but for the most parts coworkers respect my desire to not be called sir.

Now, change "sir" to "ma'am". Would that actually kill you? To respect someone's preference?

No there is not much that would actually kill me. But it must be that I do it because I have chosen to do it and not because I am forced or penalized for not living in someone else's delusion. Facts are facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
This is now possible and there are people who want to do it. So who are we as individuals to question the desires of other individuals.

I don't give a crap what kind of self mutilation some adult person wants to engage in.

What I care about is the damage being done to minors - children - irreparable damage, due to the permanent consequences of these sex hormone drugs they are being given by parents/thugs masquerading as doctors (psychiatrists).

I also refuse to be forced to indulge anyone in their personal, private delusional alternate reality.

Other than that... snip away!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Frankly, IDAHO is the LAST place I thought they would be infected with 'stupid' I'v heard people say "I'd a whole lot rather be here than a liberal state"

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

a reply to: MRinder

MY mind reels from reading your post Mr.Rinder. But yep, I get your point. You point is anarchy I guess. You're not suggesting that something as small as a person changing their birth certificate is akin to anarchy are you? Or maybe just a small step on the road to it. Oh, by the way, what if the government requires a drivers license to drive on the road to anarchy?

Here is a question, if a transgender person that says she is a she rapes a woman with her penis and in the process her semen is left inside the victims vagina and the transgender person that identifies as a woman is convicted of rape should "she" be imprisoned with other women who are biologically women? Also, can this person cause the court to rule their rape of a woman invalid since they are identified as a woman and as such their penis is identified as a vagina and can therefore not produce semen but I suppose only vaginal liquids?

Is technology caught up with that?

I think you are under the assumption that all of these people have had sex reassignment surgery. That is not the case with this issue as far as I can tell.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

a reply to: MRinder

MY mind reels from reading your post Mr.Rinder. But yep, I get your point. You point is anarchy I guess. You're not suggesting that something as small as a person changing their birth certificate is akin to anarchy are you? Or maybe just a small step on the road to it. Oh, by the way, what if the government requires a drivers license to drive on the road to anarchy?

Here is a question, if a transgender person that says she is a she rapes a woman with her penis and in the process her semen is left inside the victims vagina and the transgender person that identifies as a woman is convicted of rape should "she" be imprisoned with other women who are biologically women? Also, can this person cause the court to rule their rape of a woman invalid since they are identified as a woman and as such their penis is identified as a vagina and can therefore not produce semen but I suppose only vaginal liquids?

Is technology caught up with that?

I think you are under the assumption that all of these people have had sex reassignment surgery. That is not the case with this issue as far as I can tell.

Don't bother.

Nobody on the left is doing the math anymore. Completely incompatible ideologies are lumped into this culture where everybody can be whatever they want and can force everybody else to be what they want too. Nevermind that the ideas are complete opposites.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Erlan C calculations may include gender variables depending on the work assumed done based on statistical relevance. So a government knowing your gender is able to calculate work potential and generate all sorts of forecasts that allow all levels of government to manage funds for medium amd long term outlooks.

Not to mention the medical need. A woman being treated by an EMT may have different protocols due to biology that cannot be surgically altered.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Let me explain,

You are either a male or a female.

You will have different sex organs. An inny or an outie and other biological differences like hormones and chromosomes.

It 99.999% that simple.

Next, you will tell everyone that we have to accept and say the sky is purple because a group wishes it was true.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I see things similarly.

Nobody on the left is doing the math anymore.

I agree here. I think that the left didn't understand that there was an equation going on. That there was a basic ''template'' for humans to follow and that things would just smooth out over time once everyone had found their own personal level of freedom. This was an invalid premise though from my experience, fundamental to liberal philosophy.

Completely incompatible ideologies are lumped into this culture where everybody can be whatever they want

Yes sir. And isn't that a definition of self expression? That we all be free to be who we want to be? From my understanding of conservatism as sermonized over it sounds that way to me.

Where did these incompatible ideologies come from anyway. Lest not forget Martin Luther who set the Western world a spinning. And immediately after him the half of Christianity that he took with him began to split, split and split again and again so that today there are umpteen varieties of that ideology that for the most part hold the others as ''false''..But that is just one example.

With all the communication devises and platform our culture is no longer based on what ''truths'' the tribal elders taught around the camp fire. Children in one house hold can and do follow information streams from various sources and grow up
vastly different from their siblings.

and can force everybody else to be what they want too. Never mind that the ideas are complete opposites.

Well, force is not needed so much in so many cases. People are pliable and for most all that is needed is just a nudge.

edit on 30America/ChicagoFri, 05 Jun 2020 17:12:32 -0500Fri, 05 Jun 2020 17:12:32 -050020062020-06-05T17:12:32-05:00500000012 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The leftists like to say that they are the ideology of SCIENCE!

But instead, they show themselves to be the ideology of emotions, "muh feelz", and irrational behavior.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well Tex, you zoomed right in on that one huh? Thanks. But as Mr. Rinder was so apt to point out, Government control.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yet history has plenty of examples of hermaphrodites who for one reason or another did not fit in either of those catagories. So, it's not that simple after all. So yes, for most of us the balance is as simple as you point out. But for those others, well, not so simple at all.

So granted, I have no idea where this all will go. But I'm not going to get upset because the State of Idaho has said, let people be however they want to be. How conservative of me huh?

Besides, today my sky is grey though I want it to be blue. Likely, tomorrow morning if the weather holds as predicted there will be a nice purplish tint to it as the sun rises.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
we got the virus we got Trump calling for all out war against the american people and your worried about what some person wants there sex to be on a Birth paper ? BTW that paper effects NO ONE heck not even them its just a feal good thing .

Well I guess we could use a brake from the chaos of things right now so I am SOOOO OUT RAGED over what some person who i dont know and will never met has on there birth papers .
There does that make you feal special enough .

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
LOL people saying what is writen on someones birth paper will lead to teh fall of the world aaa run ( no wonder Trump is inspecting his panic room scary time scary indeed
people need more triva look at my typing aakk delixic btw BUt akkk the world is ending lol
edit on 5-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

edit on 5-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This makes me feel like I took a nap in one dimension
and woke up in another.The dimension I woke up in,
everything is upside down!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well...i do enjoy logic.

Such as observing that there are no surgeries that biologically create gender changes. The plumbing is only one of the most obvious indicators of gender. Sublime internal processes and skeletal configuration aren't as easy to change. That pesky Y chromosome.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Raggedyman

Women sports will not exist anyways ...
Or at least for real women.

Women’s sport as we use to know it
Imagine the 2030 Anna Kournikova, pretty disappointing with a hairy lip

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join