It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mask Madness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Sadly, most store employees and people in general don't even know how to properly wear a mask or why.

Nose uncovered, worn with a beard, reused and worn out, driving alone wearing, walking the dog in a park.etc.

Maybe, maybe, in dense gatherings you might be protecting others but that is a about it with the mask thing.

Mg

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Many of us old folk are retiring, The atmosphere here and around the net is becoming more difficult for friendly conversation and a civil exchange of ideas.

The median age for ATS is dropping. I think it is more evident in some threads than in others.

It is the changing of the guard.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: trollslayer

this makes no sense...not saying it didnt happen, but man people are dumb...

in a free society you are free to wear a mask if you so chose for any reason you want.

in a free society you are NOT allowed to REQUIRED people to wear one if they don't want to.

sounds like these idiots are confused, if they are on ATS, they should be ashamed of themselves...and maybe read a book or something.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
in a free society you are NOT allowed to REQUIRED people to wear one if they don't want to.

You are on private property. If a business requires it, they are free to deny you service if you refuse.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

agreed...and i wont enter a business that requires it... mask law in NY requires it whenever you are "in public" and if you think i'm gunna take a walk in the park with my mask on because the governor said so you got another thing coming.

as a bearded individual, there is zero point in wearing one at all. unless the state thinks they are going to compel me to shave so the mask fits right. lol

oh and the people with the vented N95 masks on that think they are saving the world and keeping everyone safest are my personal favorite.
edit on 5-6-2020 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollslayer
a reply to: chiefsmom

I generally agree with your assessment. I do wish that more people would wear masks because of the portion that carry it asymptomatically

Did you miss the news that this thing is not nearly as easily transmissable as initially portrayed.

There is no pandemic. That part is fake news. There is a new virus. One that some/certain people need to be careful of. You wearing a mask is not going to prevent you from getting it. PERIOD.

Me not wearing a mask, is not going to give it to you. PERIOD.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
From the 15th of June, here in the UK, it has been mandated that to travel by public transport, you MUST wear a face mask. I hate the whole idea of doing so, because it means I am having to compromise on my resistance to government instructions that are just utterly plain absurd. Too many sheeple are complying without any questioning of what they are being told to do, so in the end, it is futile, and I will have to wear a mask in order to get to work.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Are you a time traveler?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I wonder how a group of young 20ish people found out about ATS ? 😎👃😎

idk. I tell people to check the website out all the time. I know of two people who joined because I got them interested.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
From the 15th of June, here in the UK, it has been mandated that to travel by public transport, you MUST wear a face mask. I hate the whole idea of doing so, because it means I am having to compromise on my resistance to government instructions that are just utterly plain absurd. Too many sheeple are complying without any questioning of what they are being told to do, so in the end, it is futile, and I will have to wear a mask in order to get to work.

No, not a "face mask", just a "face covering".

So you can use any old sh#; no need to shell out a penny. Use a scarf, handkerchief, whatever... anything to deter the Sonderkommando volunteers who will be filtering through the transport system attempting to enforce this desperate attempt by a brain-dead, blundering government to prove it's 'doing something' three months too late.

Just "baa!" like a sheep as you board a bus, train, etc. And continue "baa-ing" en route. You'll feel better.

originally posted by: DogfacedEngineer
a reply to: elysiumfire

Are you a time traveler?

No, it's called "News". A concept involving humans passing on information about current or forthcoming events and regulations.

It might catch on.

edit on 5-6-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
DogfacedEngineer:

Are you a time traveller?

Yeah, and so are you. Like everyone else we are both travelling through time at a second's pace velocity.

Would you like another buffoonish question answered?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I work at Walmart and am required to wear a mask, or go home. I get snarky comments from rednecks all day, every day.

That's because them rednecks all know. -chuckle

Like native Americans before them, they are more in tune with the Earth.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

edit on 562020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Yup, living close to the ground allows people to understand the nature of things. It's closer to reality than living in a techno-bubble city where anything can be a truth(opinion).

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: trollslayer

It shouldn’t be a political issue. The problem is that any issue that affects the masses is now made one. It’s disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join