It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Active Shooter You Missed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Good Guy with Car runs over bad guy with gun.

This one should be all over the news, right? Random dude with guns and ammo pulls up on a bridge, gets out and starts shooting at everyone else on the bridge in their cars. He manages to wound one, a soldier at Ft. Leavenworth, before another soldier waiting on traffic in *his* car, sizes up the situation and runs the shooter down.

Police say his actions saved multiple lives.

Leavenworth Police Chief Patrick Kitchens said officers were called to the bridge at 11 a.m. for a report of shots fired that was originally reported as a result of road rage.

When officers arrived they found one man with a gunshot wound and another man trapped under a car. Emergency crews took both to a Kansas City hospital with serious injuries.

This one didn't take his own life. He ended up under a car.

“Learned this was an active shooter with multiple weapons on the bridge firing at cars with no particular association,” Kitchens said.

“There was an active-duty soldier assigned to Ft. Leavenworth waiting in traffic behind the event, saw the event unfold, determined it was an active shooter and intervened by striking the shooter with his vehicle, causing him to be critically injured, ending the encounter with the active shooter and likely saving countless lives.”

We don't know who the guy was or why he was just shooting at anyone he could see, but I keep coming back to him ending up run over as a means of ending the attempted mass shooting in progress.

But it is a wonderful lesson in how all it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

+7 more 
posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I hope this doesn't raise his car insurance rates.

This should be covered as a "no-fault" collision.

Or... maybe covered under comprehensive... hitting an animal in the road.

In any case, they should cut him some slack on the deductible.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

I bet the shooter tests positive for Covid-19 and is listed as his cause of death.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Shooter's not dead yet.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Shooter's not dead yet.

"yet".....

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
No details on the shooter?

If not, he's probably Muslim. If he were an angry white guy, especially a conservative, it'd be all over the news.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hehe, your title seems that the bad guy is not having a Goodyear

Good Guy with Car runs over bad guy with gun.

On subject. The driver was brave, especially when he could have been shot.

edit on 27-5-2020 by Bigburgh because: There are more planes in the Ocean, then there are submarines the sky 🙄

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Since it’s on the bridge there’s a good chance they will have some surveillance video .

I bet the soldier cut into the other lane to get to the SOB.

I wonder how many rounds he took (car) speeding towards the shooter .

“ don’t hesitate act “
edit on 28-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Shooter's not dead yet.

Darn, that means he didnt throw it in reverse and run over him again. I might have... coupla times just to be sure.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Shooter's not dead yet.

o crap

now some group will say he was unfairly ran down and the person should have let the police handle it.
they will also claim his civil rights were violated (depending on race of course) and that the person who hit him was racist for doing so.

then some lawyer will file a claim that "excessive force " was used and try to sue the driver

with some jackass judge will let this case go forward instead of saying JUSTIFIED CASE DISMISSED.

then some other jackass judge will allow a civil case to be filed and some judge/jury will (most likely) award damages to the man run over.

along with the family claiming he was "misunderstood", "mentally ill" and/or claim his injury or death was unjustified.

along with a "sunday school " type out of date pic.

then sue the driver.

with all that the usual groups and politicians will claim

its the guns and gun law fault .. we need more stricter gun laws.

that its trumps (pick whatever reason from promoting hate to XX phobia) fault. we need to investigate, impeach/remove from office and/or reason not to elect him

that its whatever groups (christians, white people, NRA, republicans, ect) , XX phobia, racism , ect fault.

all of this done with the main stream press doing their part to promote an agenda and facts be damned.

I know this sounds like alot of rambling and covering multiple groups/scenarios/ and rants.

but tell me alot of it isnt that far off or may be plausible..

scrounger

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   

In all seriousness I always wondered what would happen if one used their vehicle to stop a CLEARLY criminal situation where lives were at stake (be this, a kidnapping , or say a driver intent on hitting people).

if someone has an honest answer love to hear it. Lets keep it on insurance company and not legal ramifications .

IMO i suspect the insurance company will screw over the person no matter how just the action is

scrounger

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
this is America! we don't give airtime unless 5 people minimum die.

see you all in the next inevitable American mass shooting threads

this was just a tease
edit on 28-5-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I think there is construction taking place on the bridge. At least, that's how it looked from the video. So that's why the cars were waiting on traffic, and it would explain the confusion over a road rage incident ... someone waiting on traffic at a construction stop seriously loses it.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I figure it wasn't widely reported on for the reason you say - it got stopped before lots of casualties, and Minneapolis and LA are on fire. That's far more interesting right now. Plus, the ever-present plague.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

We don't know a thing about him except the county he lives in.

Kind of odd.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Good find. I'm curios as to how 'good soldier' approached shooter without getting shot, like Fallingdown asked. One thing you always see 'in the movies' is motor vehicles, and passengers riding in them, absorbing clip after clip without any ill effect (think the highway scene in "The Matrix Reloaded"), which is of course ridiculous.

I read in the news story that, near the bridge where the incident occurred, there is a rather noisy train crossing, so bystanders originally didn't become too alarmed when a dozen or so rounds were let off.

o_O

Angela Harper lives a couple streets away from the bridge. She heard a boom or two Wednesday morning, but thought it was just the sounds of the neighborhood.

“I heard two bang noises, which I found out later that they were shots,” she said. “Down here we hear a lot of that type of stuff because of the train going by and everything else. So nothing seemed out of norm for me until I heard all the cop cars, all the helicopters, everything going around.”

Another man who lives close to the scene in an apartment told FOX4 he heard between 10-13 shots. He too thought it was train-related, perhaps someone firing bullets at railcars.

For some reason that made me think of this...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Wtf are you talking about?

This should obviously be handled by the shooters insurance company.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

Good find. I'm curios as to how 'good soldier' approached shooter without getting shot, like Fallingdown asked. One thing you always see 'in the movies' is motor vehicles, and passengers riding in them, absorbing clip after clip without any ill effect (think the highway scene in "The Matrix Reloaded"), which is of course ridiculous.

I read in the news story that, near the bridge where the incident occurred, there is a rather noisy train crossing, so bystanders originally didn't become too alarmed when a dozen or so rounds were let off.

o_O

Angela Harper lives a couple streets away from the bridge. She heard a boom or two Wednesday morning, but thought it was just the sounds of the neighborhood.

“I heard two bang noises, which I found out later that they were shots,” she said. “Down here we hear a lot of that type of stuff because of the train going by and everything else. So nothing seemed out of norm for me until I heard all the cop cars, all the helicopters, everything going around.”

Another man who lives close to the scene in an apartment told FOX4 he heard between 10-13 shots. He too thought it was train-related, perhaps someone firing bullets at railcars.

For some reason that made me think of this...

Actually, I believe the soldier WAS shot, in the process of running the guy down.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

I was confused by that too, but there were two soldiers.

The shooter shot one during his attempted rampage, and the second one ran him over while he was firing away. It's confusing from the way it's presented. But it takes place in Leavenworth, lot of active duty soldiers.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This was not as random as they want to admit. There is a reason there are on duty soldiers just kind of strolling around in some seemingly random places. There have been other discreet happenings.

An enemy seeks to harm us from abroad using domestic assets.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join